Andrew Luck staying at Stanford?

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Originally Posted by Mercutio

Yeesh. Ballsy decision, but he made it like a man. Hope he doesn't live to regret it.
hopefully he stays 100% injury free because 100M between huge rookie contract and that extension (if plays well) is a lot turn down

family is paid i guess academic prestige is the next biggest thing

"my son, you know lil 'drew graduated from stanford"  while sipping 1415 wine on a yacht 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Originally Posted by Mercutio

Yeesh. Ballsy decision, but he made it like a man. Hope he doesn't live to regret it.
hopefully he stays 100% injury free because 100M between huge rookie contract and that extension (if plays well) is a lot turn down

family is paid i guess academic prestige is the next biggest thing

"my son, you know lil 'drew graduated from stanford"  while sipping 1415 wine on a yacht 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Durden7

Sam Bradford came back, had MULTIPLE injuries and still went #1.  Its his choice, ive got no problem with it.

obviously, it's his choice..

just not sure it is a wise one (or 1 that I would have made), based on the following 3 points:

1) we can on all agree Luck does plan to continue to play football at the collegiate and eventually on the NFL level
-my problem with this is pretty obvious, it's a violent sport and you only have so many hits/years in you, so it's probably better to get paid for as many of those hits/years while you possibly can [since draft stock isn't an issue and probably will be rendered moot anyways from this draft to the subsequent draft(s)]

2) the looming new collective bargaining agreement
- point 1 overlaps with point 2 because with point 2 it seems inevitable that they will introduce a rookie salary scale (so no more 50 mill QBs at no.1, thus cutting down on your overall earning potential in the short lifespan a player has in the league)

3) just because he left, it doesn't mean he couldn't finish his degree
- this is my biggest problem, dude has probably being taking summer classes since he first worked on campus (considering the players have to be there for summer workouts and stuff) so I'm pretty sure he should be fairly close to graduating (he has been there 3 years).. soooooo what is stopping him from taking classes this summer or continuing to take class IF there is a lockout (thus graduating in a pretty short period AND making the extra 10s of millions of dollars that he'll prob lose due to point 2)

obviously it's dude's decision.. i just don't get it

This man gets it!

People can talk about getting a degree and all that stuff but there are alot  more smart people with degrees whos life arent going anywhere than rich people whos life arent going anywhere.

I hate to quote a rap song but "&%@^#s with no money act like money isn't everything

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Durden7

Sam Bradford came back, had MULTIPLE injuries and still went #1.  Its his choice, ive got no problem with it.

obviously, it's his choice..

just not sure it is a wise one (or 1 that I would have made), based on the following 3 points:

1) we can on all agree Luck does plan to continue to play football at the collegiate and eventually on the NFL level
-my problem with this is pretty obvious, it's a violent sport and you only have so many hits/years in you, so it's probably better to get paid for as many of those hits/years while you possibly can [since draft stock isn't an issue and probably will be rendered moot anyways from this draft to the subsequent draft(s)]

- point 1 overlaps with point 2 because with point 2 it seems inevitable that they will introduce a rookie salary scale (so no more 50 mill QBs at no.1, thus cutting down on your overall earning potential in the short lifespan a player has in the league)

3) just because he left, it doesn't mean he couldn't finish his degree
- this is my biggest problem, dude has probably being taking summer classes since he first worked on campus (considering the players have to be there for summer workouts and stuff) so I'm pretty sure he should be fairly close to graduating (he has been there 3 years).. soooooo what is stopping him from taking classes this summer or continuing to take class IF there is a lockout (thus graduating in a pretty short period AND making the extra 10s of millions of dollars that he'll prob lose due to point 2)

obviously it's dude's decision.. i just don't get it

This man gets it!

People can talk about getting a degree and all that stuff but there are alot  more smart people with degrees whos life arent going anywhere than rich people whos life arent going anywhere.

I hate to quote a rap song but "&%@^#s with no money act like money isn't everything

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

This point doesn't matter, the rookie wage scale will be put in place for the 2011 draft.

I think Luck will be fine, barring injury, he will still be a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft.  He doesn't need money.  It's obvious he doesn't care about it as much as those questioning him. 

This point doesn't matter, the rookie wage scale will be put in place for the 2011 draft.

I think Luck will be fine, barring injury, he will still be a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft.  He doesn't need money.  It's obvious he doesn't care about it as much as those questioning him. 

was it matt leinart who was thought to be a top 3 pick, came back and went as # 10 i believe? 10 is still good, but top 3 money
pimp.gif

was it matt leinart who was thought to be a top 3 pick, came back and went as # 10 i believe? 10 is still good, but top 3 money
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom