and we're done

Also...refs have been swallowing their whistles on Melo his ENTIRE Denver career, and Nuggets fans always used to complain that "Lebron, Wade, Kobe, etc. would be at the line if they got hit like that."  And it was true.  Hopefully with him playing in the spotlight now in NYC, more attention will be brought to this issue, because it's kinda ridiculous 

It won't. Melo is one of most notorious players in the league tagged with that "bully ball" style of play. The refs swallow their whistles because he's always been a physical player that plays stronger than he looks so they let guys put on some extra contact on him.

Melos PPG and FTA per game would be crazy if he got all those ticky tack contact calls players like Lebron and Wade get.

Dude melo is the only star player in the league still playing in the 90's. Smh I mean i don't like to stay complaining but dude gets some calls but some of the more obvious ones he won't, mainly under the bucket. .

He in NY now for a season and a half. He still ain't been getting calls. I doubt it will start soon

I know you've always been lukewarm on JR man, but as someone who watched his entire Nuggets career...he didn't get a fair shake.  George Karl decided that he was going to always throw JR under the bus regardless (he has a habit of doing this throughout his whole career), and you don't instill confidence in your players that way.  JR is the kind of player who needs a coach that believes in him and pushes him to be better, not threaten to bench him every time he makes a mistake.  A lot of times he would try to make the crazy homerun play just in an effort to stay in the game.  Coach Woodson loves JR and he's the first coach who really cares about him, and he's responding to all the trust that Woodson shows him.  That's why he plays starter minutes.  And it's gonna pay off.  It's only 5 games...but you'll see that this effort from him will be here all season long.  

As a guy that followed the nuggets, I always believed that JR was a ricky davis with a better shot. I always looked at him as an actor, of which there are 2 types. Those that can save a bad movie and those that look bad in a bad movie. JR is the latter. When the nuggets were disciplined and made it to the WCF, he looked good, but that was because the team looked good and he fit into a defined role. Now when the nuggets or knicks have those chaotic moments where the coach would let them do whatever and the "get mines" mentality is in full effect, then JR will fall in line with that. If dude played for the spurs or under a better coach, then he would probably be better off. Mark my words though, there is going to be a game where the knicks aren't quite in sync, down 1 and .30 seconds left in the 4th. Watch JR smith get the ball and shoot an iso 25ft 3 on some nba jam type ****. The hate will come back again.

It won't. Melo is one of most notorious players in the league tagged with that "bully ball" style of play. The refs swallow their whistles because he's always been a physical player that plays stronger than he looks so they let guys put on some extra contact on him.
Melos PPG and FTA per game would be crazy if he got all those ticky tack contact calls players like Lebron and Wade get.

And of course 2 of the players the NBA bends over backwards for are on the same damn team. Like if durants wasn't getting calls in the finals then melo wont either.

He still cant slump the shoulders and leave the team 5 on 4. I saw that happen 3 times yesterday. That's unacceptable.

Now that we are legit defensively, I'm assuming the refs will let us play hard. Hack and whack, grab the jersey etc. Just like the treatment the celtics and heat get

The only issues I see with this team so far is that we may have trouble defensively against teams that have athletic PGs or guards that run as much as Redick did last night. Other than that everything else has been good. Amare will be a nice addition, but off the bench...

As a guy that followed the nuggets, I always believed that JR was a ricky davis with a better shot. I always looked at him as an actor, of which there are 2 types. Those that can save a bad movie and those that look bad in a bad movie. JR is the latter. When the nuggets were disciplined and made it to the WCF, he looked good, but that was because the team looked good and he fit into a defined role. Now when the nuggets or knicks have those chaotic moments where the coach would let them do whatever and the "get mines" mentality is in full effect, then JR will fall in line with that. If dude played for the spurs or under a better coach, then he would probably be better off. Mark my words though, there is going to be a game where the knicks aren't quite in sync, down 1 and .30 seconds left in the 4th. Watch JR smith get the ball and shoot an iso 25ft 3 on some nba jam type ****. The hate will come back again.

Pretty much, JR in a controlled environment where he knows his role and plays to it, doesn't force shots, he looks like a great 6th man.

Last season the way he played reckless and coach giving him the green light to out-shoot Melo/Stat, that's what I have a problem with.

I have no problems with JR the way he has been playing. Even if the shots were not dropping, he is playing hard and making an effort on defense.

It's all that I ask of him, and anyone else on the court.

The thing is the Knicks were never gonna find anyone like J.R Smith for 3 mil dollars.

People just wanted him gone no matter what. Just because of the playoffs where he was basically ask to run point which is not his game.

dude's just been misunderstood

he's not the unstable idiot people have claimed. totally unfair billing

he was just young & immature. he'll continue to flourish now that he's being cast in a different light

whats good about JR is he wants to be here. correct me if i'm wrong but he coulda got a lot more money from other teams(i'm assuming) and it seems he's giving 100% on both ends of the floor. can't complain...5-0 
pimp.gif

Good to see the Knicks playing competitive basketball. Good for NY.

I still have my plaque from the H20, Camby, Childs, Ward,Ewing, Spree era that my sister bought back in like 99 or so. I told her we moved from NY back in the early 90's.....it was time to accept our fate as Washington Bullets/Wizards fans.

New York deserves a great basketball team. The Garden does.

Pretty much, JR in a controlled environment where he knows his role and plays to it, doesn't force shots, he looks like a great 6th man.

Last season the way he played reckless and coach giving him the green light to out-shoot Melo/Stat, that's what I have a problem with.

I have no problems with JR the way he has been playing. Even if the shots were not dropping, he is playing hard and making an effort on defense.

It's all that I ask of him, and anyone else on the court.

I agree with this as well. Last year, he was jacking up shots that he had no business doing, but he was given the green light do whatever.

This year seems to be a much different story. The team and organization seems to be heading in a different direction where everyone is being held accountable and will be given the seat if they go the other way.

JR can be one of our hugest assets if he's used right, and right now he is.

Seasoned JR hater here.

Watching him pretend to be Melo in the playoffs was infuriating. That said, I watched a lot of Nuggets games because Melo has been my favorite player in the league for a long time now, and I will agree with what someone said about JR always having to try to take his moment because Karl would threaten his minutes if he made a mistake. Hopefully given a solid role and some encouragement will make him a better player. He looks different so far, and I'm genuinely glad. 

Can't wait for Shump to get back, obviously. As for Amar'e, if he does come back on time it won't take him long to get hurt again. So I wouldn't worry too much about him messing with the chemistry.

This whole summer I was saying Melo was going to have an unbelievable year. So many people hate him based on articles written about him, it's ridiculous.

I can't believe I'm seeing Sheed in a Knicks uniform. One of my favorite players of all time. And like someone said, he's definitely encouraging big butt backdowns.

This is great. 

Back
Top Bottom