An HID kit with no glare? Yes it is now possible!

Originally Posted by nyrican23

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

lol @ "do a retrofit."

some people don't have the money to do a retrofit. this is the next best thing.

and nyrican, do you even know what the purpose of a casper shield is? you don't need them if you do a retrofit. casper shields are SPECIFICALLY for H4 bulb users who want to cut down on glare. you do a retrofit, they're obsolete.
I think you and me can agree that a Retrofit is the proper way to do it. I understand some people can't afford them. You can piece a whole kit together $400-500 with much better results. Not saying you or your friend's company is promoting bad product, but simply stating there's a way to achieve better results. I just don't believe in cutting corners. You will pay for it in the long run.

example of a clean cutoff line:
20t02gg.jpg

i agree with you wholeheartedly. if you got the cash and time, do a retrofit. if you don't, get one of these kits as they're better than the trash you see on the market these days. that's all im saying brotha!

and that pic is a bit biased. first of all, everything is gonna look like crap compared to color-modded TSX projos. secondly, 8000K in neon headlights? naaaaaaaasty
sick.gif

How are you able to achieve that type of cutoff from a halogen housing? And do these have the right side throw?

this seems like a good alternative. i personally think most retrofit projectors in non-projector headlights look really ugly.

Originally Posted by I3

lol @ "do a retrofit."

and nyrican, do you even know what the purpose of a casper shield is? you don't need them if you do a retrofit. casper shields are SPECIFICALLY for H4 bulb users who want to cut down on glare. you do a retrofit, they're obsolete.
Who in the hell is in your avatar? MOAR
that's nicky whelan. impeccable lady 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DieselG5

How are you able to achieve that type of cutoff from a halogen housing? And do these have the right side throw?

the position of the bulb can be controlled via remote control. as a result, you can achieve the same reflection emitting point as the OEM halogen bulb (and thus, using the reflector as they're intended to from the factory). by doing so, the optics are all correct, the only difference is the lumen output is 3x that of the halogen bulb, leaving you OEM cut-off with a much brighter and focused light
pimp.gif

I still don't get how this works. Halogen reflector housings are specifically designed for halogen bulbs. And have no where near the same "cut off" as projectors. Even with halogen bulbs projectors still have two hot-spots. So how will just swapping out the bulb for a more powerful one fix this problem? Even if it were in the same position as the OEM bulb, it would be putting out a lot more light, intensifying the hotspots and with a cutoff line that is not nearly as defined as a projector set up.

I'm not trying to knock the product at all, I'm just curious as to find out how this works.

Although I'm still a firm believer that if you want to run HID's theres no other way to do it than a retrofit.

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

6-8k =
pimp.gif
, anything more is just ignant, its folks around here who have like like 20k and 30k and its just
sick.gif
and not very safe cuz there NO useable light at those temps

8k is a little too blue imo. im running 6k in my headlights and fogs, and its still a *little* too blue for me.

6000K is the best and my personal favorite. Best combination of color (cool white) and functionality. Lumen output is only a couple hundred less than 4300K but looks 10x nicer.

@DieselG5: We're not marketing these are retrofit replacements. Rather, these are retrofit alternatives. They are convenient, fairly inexpensive, and require no modification to your OEM headlamps (unlike retrofits, which pretty much require you to do destroy your headlamps to fit projectors). The fact that you can get them to the same spot as a halogen bulb is already very significant. The cut-off is definitely not on par with retrofits or even halogen projectors, but if you can mimic how halogens work in reflectors, you're already 10x better off than a standard HID kit. Add in the ability to mix and match the adapters to fit different vehicles and the ability to adjust the length of the bulb according to its surroundings and you've got a product that can really make an impact.

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

hmm maybe as these catch on and the price drops a bit more i'll cop for my pops truck.

we're hoping it doesn't drop too much. the technology is patented and the brand is trademarked. and we're working to become the sole importer of this technology in the US
pimp.gif

but yeah if that does happen, we'll probably drop the price regardless since our volume will be up through the roof.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by I3

lol @ "do a retrofit."

Who in the hell is in your avatar? MOAR
that's nicky whelan. impeccable lady 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Good Grace.

I'd HID her in a minute.

i want to get some HIDs for my 06 acura TL anyone know which type would work best?

Originally Posted by 5288

i want to get some HIDs for my 06 acura TL anyone know which type would work best?

The 06 TL comes stock with HIDs no? unless you want to upgrade to a higher Kelvin bulb, you don't need HIDs.

Originally Posted by 5288

your car should have them already.
4300K stock. you could go with higher Kelvin numbers for different colors
the bulb size in that car is a D2S

Back
Top Bottom