"Americas Most Dependable 3G Network, Americas Fastest 3G Network and Americas Largest 3G Network"

Sprint vs. AT&T vs. Verizon

What's the deal with these slogans? Any truth to them? Any NTer testimonies? It seems like they all battling for 3G supremacy! I'm not switching(currently w/ Tmobile w/ iPhone) but I just saw all 3 carriers commercials back to back to back
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I find Sprint's EVDo to be faster than At &T. I've even sat their on my Mogul and Touch Pro and "raced" my friend's on their iPhoneand Tilt loading pages. I wouldn't even @!!@ with Verizon, because they cripple most of their phones anyways. Plus I'm still grandfathered into thatold Sero plan and I get more than my money's worth because of Internet tethering, believe me.

Verizon has great service but:

A) Phones suck and the good ones they get are crippled (don't argue yes they do)

B) No sim-cards

C) 3g is spotty in rural areas

AT&T 3g IS fast but:

A) Their customer service is pretty ******ed

B) Best phones drop calls like it was a built-in feature (iphone 3g is notorious for this)

C) No such thing as NYC reception in my experience

Don't know anything about Sprint except for their wrongly priced $300+ bills they used to try and stick me with
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide101

what's internet tethering?

When you use the phone to get a laptop, other phone, iPod, or any other wifi-able device to get online. It saves like 60$ a month compared to buying a SprintAirCard like this, which is also less versatile.Plus you still get your calls when you're online with it which is amazing. Unlimited data in your plan-ftw!

3751.jpg

well i have AT&T BB Bold w/ 3G

i dont drop any calls (i live in NYC)

the internet isnt as fast as i'd like it to be, but its not extremely sluggish

except i hate when i'm at home and i get demoted from 3G to EDGE
laugh.gif

i have ATT and BOLD with 3G

no complaints here.......im in CT btw.

i have 3G all day, in the house too............rarely ever does it go down.........i gotta be in a place with weak signal like Wal Mart or something. I love mybold and ATT service. yep.

when i go to nyc this weekend with my bold ill see how much my 3G changes...........i swear i never had problems before. no wait, at my aunts house in longisland i know its always weak though but that could just be the house.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

SERO with a Touch Pro...

word. For all the negativity people have with Sprint, It's been 100% reliable to me for years now. The only downside is their customer service is theabsolute worst the few times I've had to call them
laugh.gif

t-mobile is 13 years younger than most these carriers plus they just introduced their slowg network back in october. give it sometime lol my bold works fast ontmobile edge lol

Originally Posted by sickickz23

T-Mobile sucks for their 3G network.
They are actually 3.5 (psuedo 4G) right now and it is blazing fast. I had the G2 for a week trial and it was super fast. Now the MyTouch 4G is out #@+!!#!+ on the other Android phones.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

They are actually 3.5 (psuedo 4G) right now and it is blazing fast. I had the G2 for a week trial and it was super fast. Now the MyTouch 4G is out #@+!!#!+ on the other Android phones.
I was just gonna quote him too. He knows not what he speaks.  T-Mobile HSPA+ is actually the fastest network in the country.  Not too much different technology than 3G but much faster, faster than everyone else's 4G.  Great thing is, older 3G devices will work on the faster network and they don't charge anything extra!

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I was just gonna quote him too. He knows not what he speaks.  T-Mobile HSPA+ is actually the fastest network in the country.  Not too much different technology than 3G but much faster, faster than everyone else's 4G.  Great thing is, older 3G devices will work on the faster network and they don't charge anything extra!

grin.gif
Thats all nice and dandy but useless if you can't get a signal (my friends HD2 can never get a signal in NYC)

Back
Top Bottom