American Psycho Question....

face82

Banned
Am I just stupid because I didn't get it after the end. I love the movie but end the end I was like did he really do all this or was it his imagination?

11qnt69.jpg

i like to see it as it was his imagination

the whole diary scene makes me think it....

^^^ Is that the dudes name that now everything there is to know about the movie? Even have the avatar and all the pics on his joint? LMAO

Fresh....what happened?

If the lawyer had dinner with Paul Allen in London.....Who was that guy he killed?

What happened to Paul Allen's apartment?

Originally Posted by Face82

Fresh....what happened?

If the lawyer had dinner with Paul Allen in London.....Who was that guy he killed?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]From how I understood the movie, he didn't commit the murders oranything, just some crazy thoughts he was having.[/color]

Thats what I was thinkin. I'm like how did dude just bang out with the cops like that and get away. But everything he thought about doing was in that diaryGene was reading.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Fresh....what happened?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]From how I understood the movie, he didn't commit the murders or anything, just some crazy thoughts he was having.[/color]
Basically

I thought he actually did commit all of those crimes, but since he's part of the "rich" crowd everyone covered things up for him.

But then again I thought it was all his imagination the next day.
laugh.gif

Fresh....what happened?

The killings are in his mind "AMERICAN PSYCHO"? Bret Ellis was portraying that what the world sees as normal and what they covetaren't what they seem in the minds of those who posess it. Hence when you see a "wall-street" type and you're thinking he's rich andliving it up he's actually mentally unstable from trying to acheive perfection. That's why he killed everyone that was closest to reality... I thinkthe director did an extremely good job hacking up Bret Ellis's novel

Originally Posted by ositodormilon

fresh u should really check it out, its amazing and soo much more in depth
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'll do that next time I hit the bookstore.. there's a coupleof books I need to pickup anyway.[/color]
happy.gif

All those yuppies are so alike that they can't even differentiate each other, thats why they are always mixing up names. Basically all those guys are justsuits who are carbon copies of each other. Thats why the lawyer thought he had dinner with dude a week ago, and didn't even recognize his own client orbelieve his confession.

The way I took the movie is that they were all basically the same people. Like they all looked alike, acted alike, and all that. I mean Paul Allen thought Balewas another dude the whole time. Im guessing people got them mixed up. The lawyer said he had dinner with Paul but I think he thought it was him and it wasactually another one of those guys. And the Paul Allen apt thing they thought he had committed all those murders and just wanted to cover it up. Thats how myroommate explained the movie to me and it kinda made sense. Ive only seen it one time maybe i need to watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom