American Hustle Starring Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner, Robert De Niro, Amy Adams, J

I saw a screening for this last week. The movies is really, really GOOD. I would highly recommend everyone see it. Its written so well and the actors have great chemistry together. Bale and Cooper kill it as usual. Jennifer was meh and Amy Adams was real solid. Louis CK plays a small role; he's hilarious! DeNiro plays a very small yet strong role. The movie is full of twists and turns and is keeps you entertained throughout its entirety. You can catch this with your boys, girlfriend, and sidepiece all at the same time. Everyone will have fun. I will definitely be watching it again.

Eli Thompson and Richard Harrow have small roles in the film

While I do t think jlaw is a bad actress, I think they should stop shoehorning her into certain roles. While she did a great job in SLP, I don't think an older actress wouldn't have been also able to do an awesome job

Loved it. Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence stole the show. This was probably the most well made, put together mainstrem release that I've seen this year.

And Harrow is in it. :pimp: :pimp:[\Spoiler]

Last edited:
Peeped a screener last night.

Movie was dope :pimp: I thought Christian Bale absolutely killed it. Great movie, but at the same time, don't expect to walk out with a new favorite of all time or anything.

Amy Adams needs to stop being cast as female leads. She looks 60 at times. Other than that, I liked it. Wish Bale would've killed off the wife though :lol: During the whole scene where she was with Harrow, I was just muttering "this dumb @#$@$..."

Last edited:
Thought it was good but a bit over hyped. Performances were on point though. Silver Linings Playbook still remains my favorite Russell film.

As a big David O Russell fan I was a little disappointed. It's good, but too over hyped. First half of the movie was a bit of a snooze fest. 2nd half was excellent though. Jennifer is the unsung hero of this film, Bale and the rest of the cast were great though. Too many reviews compared this to Goodfellas, and got my hopes up so high I was bound for a letdown.

It did feel like a Scorcese imitation so I can see where the comparisons are coming from

This is probably my favorite movie (this year). Everyone was fantastic. Kept me thinking "who's the good guy?" the whole time. Oscars will be won with this movie.

Everyone's acting is remarkable in this movie. Both Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams are crazy hot in it.

very good movie maybe top 5 of 2013. Soundtrack was awesome acting was good. i don't know how u can compare it to goodfelles though...
I agree with some that say i don't know how Jennifer lawrence got casted for this. :x mad annoying
Amy adams on the other hand. :evil:

very good movie maybe top 5 of 2013. Soundtrack was awesome acting was good. i don't know how u can compare it to goodfelles though...
I agree with some that say i don't know how Jennifer lawrence got casted for this. :x mad annoying
Amy adams on the other hand. :evil:

She got cast because her last film with David O Russell won her an Oscar and they clearly like working with each other.

Just got back from seeing it and I loved it. It was all over the place at times and certainly could have used some tightening in the overall story, but I don't care because it was a lot of fun anyway. The cast was incredible. Even Renner who was like the 6th option was solid. I loved any time Louis CK was on the screen and Cooper's insistence on hearing the end of the ice fishing story :lol:

The soundtrack was great, the cinematography was outstanding, and Bale, Adams, Cooper, Lawrence were all great.

You definitely saw the Scorsese influences all over the movie but the comedy was perfectly David O Russell. I loved seeing him reuse a lot of his actors too.

If you like any of these actors, if you like Russell, if you want an entertaining 2 hours, definitely see this movie.

Great movie, it wasnt over the top, but the acting was top notch and it had consistent steady flow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom