American Gangster (Documentary series) Appreciation

Everyone here loves to bash BET and most of it is deserved. However while we all bash the network, no one gives them props for the American Gangster series.While it discusses black criminals it doesn't glorify anything they did but in fact talks about the effects they had on their communities with input fromscholars, journalists, the government and sometimes the criminals themselves. The main BET doesn't show it anymore but it comes on every Monday - Friday onBETJ.

APPRECIATED
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Everyone here loves to bash BET and most of it is deserved. However while we all bash the network, no one gives them props for the American Gangster series. While it discusses black criminals it doesn't glorify anything they did but in fact talks about the effects they had on their communities with input from scholars, journalists, the government and sometimes the criminals themselves. The main BET doesn't show it anymore but it comes on every Monday - Friday on BETJ.

I kind of Disagree...The narrator always makes the criminal look superior compared to the rest of the World.

Plus why doesnt BET make a show Showcasing successful African american Doctors, Bankers, Lawyers, Agents...ect, ect

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Everyone here loves to bash BET and most of it is deserved. However while we all bash the network, no one gives them props for the American Gangster series. While it discusses black criminals it doesn't glorify anything they did but in fact talks about the effects they had on their communities with input from scholars, journalists, the government and sometimes the criminals themselves. The main BET doesn't show it anymore but it comes on every Monday - Friday on BETJ.

I kind of Disagree...The narrator always makes the criminal look superior compared to the rest of the World.

Plus why doesnt BET make a show Showcasing successful African american Doctors, Bankers, Lawyers, Agents...ect, ect

Because we're talkin about the network that still shows 106 & Park

Originally Posted by flatbush147

i missed the supreme one and i been looking for it ever since
the set from queens?

Im about to youtube it now

1. Are you black?

2. Be honest you wouldn't watch the show.

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

1. Are you black?

2. Be honest you wouldn't watch the show.

Im half black...And YES...I would watch the show...
wink.gif

You know How "Black Enterprise" showcases financially succussful African Americans in industries other than entertainment and Sports?

BET should do a show like that...

Back
Top Bottom