Amar'e Stoudemire agrees to five-year deal with Knicks

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by Wade187

Good move. Even with Bron you aren't contenders, but at least you'll be exciting. They get a good two guard or even Tony and this will be a team to watch.
eek.gif
any team in the NBA that gets arguably its best player becomes a chip contender automatically..this is the dumbest %*%@ i've ever heard

and that's d'brickashaw ferguson from the Jets next to stat
Word to the Cavs? When the Suns were stacked, they still weren't getting that chip. Defense wins chips, and with Amare as your big man you aint doing that. Imo you guys would've been better off with Lee, and Bron. Now if you guys keep Lee, and have STAT and Bron you'd be a problem, but like I said I'm not seeing it. Add to that the fact you guys got a garbage point, and Curry as the back up. Nash was the best thing to ever happen to dude, I guess we will just see how it goes. Btw dude that said that's pun in that picture deserves 100 tons of pressure per slap.

Good move. Even with Bron you aren't contenders, but at least you'll be exciting. They get a good two guard or even Tony and this will be a team to watch.
eek.gif
any team in the NBA that gets arguably its best player becomes a chip contender automatically..this is the dumbest %*%@ i've ever heard

Word to the Cavs? When the Suns were stacked, they still weren't getting that chip. Defense wins chips, and with Amare as your big man you aint doing that. Imo you guys would've been better off with Lee, and Bron. Now if you guys keep Lee, and have STAT and Bron you'd be a problem, but like I said I'm not seeing it. Add to that the fact you guys got a garbage point, and Curry as the back up. Nash was the best thing to ever happen to dude, I guess we will just see how it goes. Btw dude that said that's pun in that picture deserves 100 tons of pressure per slap.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Are you ******ed?
you seriously need to calm down. its only the interent. get a grip

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Are you ******ed?
you seriously need to calm down. its only the interent. get a grip

Taking the signing within the context of it being the Knicks, this is a can't-lose move.

He doesn't pan out, at least the teams exciting and you're not any worse than when you started. And you didn't sign Eddy Curry.

It's not the best, but it's good enough.

Taking the signing within the context of it being the Knicks, this is a can't-lose move.

He doesn't pan out, at least the teams exciting and you're not any worse than when you started. And you didn't sign Eddy Curry.

It's not the best, but it's good enough.

wow this thread is filled with hate. past his prime?? fail without nash? cavs not being title contenders with lebron??? some of you hate on new york way too much...so much you are starting to say dumb ###%

wow this thread is filled with hate. past his prime?? fail without nash? cavs not being title contenders with lebron??? some of you hate on new york way too much...so much you are starting to say dumb ###%

Knicks will be up there next season in the East (if another big free agent goes to NY, which someone will).

I have mix feelings with Amare leaving the Suns.  He wasn't worth the money he wanted, but losing Amare is a big loss for the Suns.  The pick n roll will never be the same without him.
Amare has been my favorite Suns player since he was drafted by Suns.  I'm sad to see him gone.  "Nash to Amare..." now it's "Nash to Warrick"
tired.gif

Am I the only person who believes he's going off with a bang this season?  I wouldn't be surprised to see him put his best numbers ever.  Playing in the East will help as well.  At least Amare reunites with Dantoni..
ohwell.gif

Amare you will be missed!!!!!!!!! Go Suns. 

Knicks will be up there next season in the East (if another big free agent goes to NY, which someone will).

I have mix feelings with Amare leaving the Suns.  He wasn't worth the money he wanted, but losing Amare is a big loss for the Suns.  The pick n roll will never be the same without him.
Amare has been my favorite Suns player since he was drafted by Suns.  I'm sad to see him gone.  "Nash to Amare..." now it's "Nash to Warrick"
tired.gif

Am I the only person who believes he's going off with a bang this season?  I wouldn't be surprised to see him put his best numbers ever.  Playing in the East will help as well.  At least Amare reunites with Dantoni..
ohwell.gif

Amare you will be missed!!!!!!!!! Go Suns. 

I was addressing your ridiculous statement, still emboldened above.

If you're saying that TD is garbage, then that's just more bull $*%# you're spewing.

Dudes are making these ultimate judgments about the Knicks as if the season starts tomorrow..The *#%@##@ salary cap hasn't even been set yet %!#%$! You honestly think we'd have just our current roster + STAT and LeBron? Wait until we get the chance to start signing and trading !@*#!% to start saying some $*%# about next season

You said contender..with a group of ragtag !@*#!% a LeBron-led team is getting to the playoffs without a doubt

I have to question wth you're talking about, because what would lee and stat do together..first of all it'd be impossible for us to have those 3, and we still wouldn't have a center, so it's still wrong dude

in defending the knicks, I haven't seen one person bring up curry because to us he's a lost cause and anything he contributes is a positive..he'll probably be worth something this year since he's slimmed down, is in hella debt, and is in a contract year..BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT

I was addressing your ridiculous statement, still emboldened above.

If you're saying that TD is garbage, then that's just more bull $*%# you're spewing.

Dudes are making these ultimate judgments about the Knicks as if the season starts tomorrow..The *#%@##@ salary cap hasn't even been set yet %!#%$! You honestly think we'd have just our current roster + STAT and LeBron? Wait until we get the chance to start signing and trading !@*#!% to start saying some $*%# about next season

You said contender..with a group of ragtag !@*#!% a LeBron-led team is getting to the playoffs without a doubt

I have to question wth you're talking about, because what would lee and stat do together..first of all it'd be impossible for us to have those 3, and we still wouldn't have a center, so it's still wrong dude

in defending the knicks, I haven't seen one person bring up curry because to us he's a lost cause and anything he contributes is a positive..he'll probably be worth something this year since he's slimmed down, is in hella debt, and is in a contract year..BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

why do the warriors trade for Lee? they got about 10 big guys

I'd really love to have a player like Lee (and definitely prefer him over Al Jefferson), but the Warriors have 123523523 power forwards on their roster.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

why do the warriors trade for Lee? they got about 10 big guys

I'd really love to have a player like Lee (and definitely prefer him over Al Jefferson), but the Warriors have 123523523 power forwards on their roster.
laugh.gif

via azcentral

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1029063#
The Suns still might be able to get something out of Amar'e Stoudemire's departure after all.

Evenwith Stoudemire agreeing to a five-year, $99.7 million deal with theNew York Knicks, the Suns are working on being able to use Stoudemire'srights in a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks for a trade exception or perhaps even free-agent power forward David Lee.

The Suns would do so by also executing a sign-and-trade deal with Chicago and Hakim Warrick , who finished last season with the Bulls.

TheSuns agreed to a four-year, $18 million deal with Warrick on Thursdaynight after Stoudemire had rejected the Suns' five-year, $96.6 millionoffer that included partial fourth- and fifth-year guarantees.

Ifthe Suns do a sign-and-trade for Stoudemire first, they could receive atrade exception of up to about $17 million in return, unless a Leecontract is included. The Suns would then use part of that exceptionfor the first $4 million year of Warrick's contract in a sign-and-tradewith Chicago.

Chicago could benefit by getting a second-rounddraft pick from Phoenix, which might be able to get a second-round pickand a trade exception or Lee from New York. The Knicks benefit with asmall bump in cap space by starting Stoudemire's contract at a lowerfirst-year salary because the deal can have 10.5 percent raises viaPhoenix rather than 8 percent raises if done by New York.

Otherwise,the Suns, after more than two years of considering trading Stoudemire,would see him leave for New York without any compensation, other thangetting salary-cap relief and no longer being a luxury-tax-paying team.

"If we can do something to help Phoenix, we will," Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, said.

NBA free agents can't sign until Thursday.

TheSuns also were rumored to be talking to Boston about trading LeandroBarbosa for Rasheed Wallace's contract until Wallace startedreconsidering retirement plans. That could have led to apayroll-friendly contract buyout.

The Suns have talked toCleveland about a deal that would send Barbosa there for Jamario Moon,whose contract expires in a year, and Delonte West, who can be boughtout of his contract. Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million remainingon his deal.

Moving Barbosa could put Phoenix in a position tosave $3.5 million this season and have more salary-cap space nextsummer, when Jason Richardson's contract expires, for a maximum-levelfree agent. However, after Carmelo Anthony, the 2011 free-agency poolwon't be nearly as strong, and there is a strong chance of a lockout.

via azcentral

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1029063#
The Suns still might be able to get something out of Amar'e Stoudemire's departure after all.

Evenwith Stoudemire agreeing to a five-year, $99.7 million deal with theNew York Knicks, the Suns are working on being able to use Stoudemire'srights in a sign-and-trade deal with the Knicks for a trade exception or perhaps even free-agent power forward David Lee.

The Suns would do so by also executing a sign-and-trade deal with Chicago and Hakim Warrick , who finished last season with the Bulls.

TheSuns agreed to a four-year, $18 million deal with Warrick on Thursdaynight after Stoudemire had rejected the Suns' five-year, $96.6 millionoffer that included partial fourth- and fifth-year guarantees.

Ifthe Suns do a sign-and-trade for Stoudemire first, they could receive atrade exception of up to about $17 million in return, unless a Leecontract is included. The Suns would then use part of that exceptionfor the first $4 million year of Warrick's contract in a sign-and-tradewith Chicago.

Chicago could benefit by getting a second-rounddraft pick from Phoenix, which might be able to get a second-round pickand a trade exception or Lee from New York. The Knicks benefit with asmall bump in cap space by starting Stoudemire's contract at a lowerfirst-year salary because the deal can have 10.5 percent raises viaPhoenix rather than 8 percent raises if done by New York.

Otherwise,the Suns, after more than two years of considering trading Stoudemire,would see him leave for New York without any compensation, other thangetting salary-cap relief and no longer being a luxury-tax-paying team.

"If we can do something to help Phoenix, we will," Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, said.

NBA free agents can't sign until Thursday.

TheSuns also were rumored to be talking to Boston about trading LeandroBarbosa for Rasheed Wallace's contract until Wallace startedreconsidering retirement plans. That could have led to apayroll-friendly contract buyout.

The Suns have talked toCleveland about a deal that would send Barbosa there for Jamario Moon,whose contract expires in a year, and Delonte West, who can be boughtout of his contract. Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million remainingon his deal.

Moving Barbosa could put Phoenix in a position tosave $3.5 million this season and have more salary-cap space nextsummer, when Jason Richardson's contract expires, for a maximum-levelfree agent. However, after Carmelo Anthony, the 2011 free-agency poolwon't be nearly as strong, and there is a strong chance of a lockout.

Back
Top Bottom