Originally Posted by Error on page

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

NBA on NBC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I get chills when I hear the theme music. Thats when the NBA was on another level.
x2

Ahmad was actually quite active in promoting the Air Jordans.  He and Michael were good friends (Ahmad was the only person MJ would do an interview with during his famous "media shutout").  I still remember him at the beginning of game 4 of the Finals vs. the Lakers making a big deal over MJ injuring his toe in game 3, and how he had to split the toe box from the end of the tongue to the midsole to relieve some of the pressure.  This was followed by a close up still shot of the altered black/infrared VIs he was wearing.  Then he made sure to inform the viewers that MJ had to switch to a regular pair because he wasn't getting enough support with that altered opening in the shoe.  I kept wondering if they made a big deal out of it as a way of free advertising for the shoes.  I also remember similar shenanigans during the 1994 "A Salute to Michael Jordan" ceremony after his first retirement.  At one point, Ahmad asks MJ to "lace these bad boys up for one more season......just one-more-time?!" as the camera pans over to him stepping back to grab a pair of steel Xs from someone off stage, and then gets a close up of the shoes as he...."hands them to MJ" in a pathetically weak attempt to disguise a shameless plug.

what u not understood'n is that mj was the L.(i think u do) so anything hav'n to do with him was a plus all around. ahmad wasnt calln no shots. lol anything on tv they knew about(the network). ahmad was a plus cuz he was jordan homie tho. but selln shoes on tv happens today all the time.
It's just a shame Nike didn't have the sense to give everyone that sat courtside a pair of Jordan's to wear. Glad they never came up with a pathetically weak attempt to disguise a shameless plug like that.  

Originally Posted by Error on page

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

NBA on NBC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I get chills when I hear the theme music. Thats when the NBA was on another level.
x2

Ahmad was actually quite active in promoting the Air Jordans.  He and Michael were good friends (Ahmad was the only person MJ would do an interview with during his famous "media shutout").  I still remember him at the beginning of game 4 of the Finals vs. the Lakers making a big deal over MJ injuring his toe in game 3, and how he had to split the toe box from the end of the tongue to the midsole to relieve some of the pressure.  This was followed by a close up still shot of the altered black/infrared VIs he was wearing.  Then he made sure to inform the viewers that MJ had to switch to a regular pair because he wasn't getting enough support with that altered opening in the shoe.  I kept wondering if they made a big deal out of it as a way of free advertising for the shoes.  I also remember similar shenanigans during the 1994 "A Salute to Michael Jordan" ceremony after his first retirement.  At one point, Ahmad asks MJ to "lace these bad boys up for one more season......just one-more-time?!" as the camera pans over to him stepping back to grab a pair of steel Xs from someone off stage, and then gets a close up of the shoes as he...."hands them to MJ" in a pathetically weak attempt to disguise a shameless plug.

what u not understood'n is that mj was the L.(i think u do) so anything hav'n to do with him was a plus all around. ahmad wasnt calln no shots. lol anything on tv they knew about(the network). ahmad was a plus cuz he was jordan homie tho. but selln shoes on tv happens today all the time.
It's just a shame Nike didn't have the sense to give everyone that sat courtside a pair of Jordan's to wear. Glad they never came up with a pathetically weak attempt to disguise a shameless plug like that.  

Those were great times in the NBA.  The league and Nike were at their pinnacle back then. 

Those were great times in the NBA.  The league and Nike were at their pinnacle back then. 

I was watching the game with my dad when that happened. I went nuts, especially since I hated the 9s and 10s.

I was watching the game with my dad when that happened. I went nuts, especially since I hated the 9s and 10s.

Remember that like it was yesterday. Funny thing is that the rumor about the "Space Jams" was this. Back then cats were running out to buy a second pair of concords only to have them dyed to look like the ones that MJ wore. So Nike put out the Black XIs with the red sole so that people would know that they were getting a legit product and not something that was dyed after it was produced. At least thats the rumor that was floating around my area. I remember a guy at the gym had one of these so called dyed pairs because everyone was sweating him about them and where he got them from.

Remember that like it was yesterday. Funny thing is that the rumor about the "Space Jams" was this. Back then cats were running out to buy a second pair of concords only to have them dyed to look like the ones that MJ wore. So Nike put out the Black XIs with the red sole so that people would know that they were getting a legit product and not something that was dyed after it was produced. At least thats the rumor that was floating around my area. I remember a guy at the gym had one of these so called dyed pairs because everyone was sweating him about them and where he got them from.

Fact: Jordan wasn't supposed go wear those during his comeback.. Tinker stated they were only samples and the concord color wasn't meant to be on the sole. There's another clip with ahmad talking these again

Fact: Jordan wasn't supposed go wear those during his comeback.. Tinker stated they were only samples and the concord color wasn't meant to be on the sole. There's another clip with ahmad talking these again

Could have sworn he talked about the Concords in either Game 1 or 2 of that series, which is why he's referring to the "old pair" being the concords.

Could have sworn he talked about the Concords in either Game 1 or 2 of that series, which is why he's referring to the "old pair" being the concords.

Back
Top Bottom