AM I THE ONLY PERSON WITH A COMPUTER WHO HAS YET TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC ?

With the music business in the crapper.

Am I the only person who still buys music on niketalk.
Everyone one i know downloads music or when I walk down the street all see is white head phones connected to a ipod.

I mean I do go to the stores less and less and now for the past 2 months I buy ALL my cd's online.

I was reading a artical in the new york times that in the past 5 years over 80 record stores have shut down in the NYC area.

I don't own a ipod (to put all my Cd's not downloads on one machine) and keep saying I will buy one but I never end up doing so.

I will not buy a CD for over $12.99 anymore unless its on a small label or an old album I did not buy.

I guess the point I am trying to make is whats the advantage to finally download music and not buy music anymore.

I like the booklet and the feel of the CD in my hands so I can see that being the sole reason to download music.

How do you feel.

I guess the point I am trying to make is whats the advantage to finally download music and not buy music anymore.
indifferent.gif

you're gonna have a hell of a time ripping all your CD's to your computer if you don't do so on the regular already

Originally Posted by GuerillaUnit

you're gonna have a hell of a time ripping all your CD's to your computer if you don't do so on the regular already
tell me about it i over 350 albums mix cd's on my comp now

I own hundreds of CD's. There are artist/producers i support and i always buy their albums. There are classic's that i enjoy that i own copies of. Butthere's some music that i enjoy that i don't feel like spending money on and i could careless about having a copy of that album.

Most of the stuff i listen to is purchased but every now and then it's convenient for me to download some of the other stuff.

Originally Posted by jaysbboy

I own hundreds of CD's. There are artist/producers i support and i always buy their albums. There are classic's that i enjoy that i own copies of. But there's some music that i enjoy that i don't feel like spending money on and i could careless about having a copy of that album.

Most of the stuff i listen to is purchased but every now and then it's convenient for me to download some of the other stuff.

thats how i feel
Alot of the cd's i buy I am happy with so thats why i keeping buying music.

I'm not paying full price for a half !%@ album. I download everything and if I really like something I'll support the artist and buy they're album.Don't blame the music sales slump on pirated downloads, blame it on boring, lazy and uninspired artists.
I'm not paying Filet Mignon prices for Big Mac taste.

Originally Posted by Appollyon Lives

I'm not paying full price for a half !%@ album. I download everything and if I really like something I'll support the artist and buy they're album. Don't blame the music sales slump on pirated downloads, blame it on boring, lazy and uninspired artists.
I'm not paying Filet Mignon prices for Big Mac taste.
Preach

I'm not paying full price for a half !%@ album. I download everything and if I really like something I'll support the artist and buy they're album go to a show, maybe buy some merch

160jordansdeep wrote:

The only advantage I can think of is that the music is free. But surely that can't be the reason everyone has turned to downloading.

Originally Posted by Tha Sun Child

I'm not paying full price for a half !%@ album. I download everything and if I really like something I'll support the artist and buy they're album.

basically sums it up...there are a couple of artist who's cd i will always cop, but even then, i'd d/l it first...learned my lesson after wastingmoney on Kingdom Come and Konvicted

If theres a song that I want and can't get off iTunes I'll download it illegally. But for the most part I buy all of my CD's. I go to NewburyComics on a monthly bases since they have the best prices around. And if I would ever download a CD because I'm skeptical bout the artist and I end upreally liking the album, I'll go and buy it. First time I did this was with the 'No Said Date' album. I don't know about everyone else but Ineed to have the case and the booklet in my hand..downloading can't replace that feeling.
laugh.gif

Cheaper, less clutter and it's portable

The better question should be why should I buy cds anymore?

I was at bestbuy today just lookin through all artists and they didn't have the blueprint, grodt, follow the leader, ready to die etc
so its deffinetly a plus when trying to find some stuff

I don't know about everyone else but I need to have the case and the booklet in my hand..downloading can't replace that feeling.
Same here, I need a booklet and a case.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by FWA III

I don't own a ipod
laugh.gif
sick.gif

one of best musical inventions ever.

nothing like having your whole musical library in your pocket.
thats what alot of people say
dont know if i should give in and get one

i recommend it.
i can see why you would be against downloading music and i agree with you. i only use itunes to download a single, but when it comes toalbums, i'd rather have the real thing.

but there's no excuse for carrying around cds and a cd player in 2008.

it ain't sexy, ya dig

Everything 160 wrote , I could've said about myself.

I dont own an ipod, I need the booklet to see who produced what, where it was recorded ,hell even who engineered it

Only thing is I will pay more than $13.00 for a cd because I didnt start buying cd's untill the late 90's so now I need to find ALL the stuff I have ontapes on cd.

And I've only downloaded one album in my life that someone send me a link to and I still cant figure how to play that %!%$.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

I don't own a ipod (to put all my Cd's not downloads on one machine) and keep saying I will buy one but I never end up doing so.

I don't want to deal with apple and their software. I rarely support technology that doesn't support 3rd party interaction
smh.gif

whats the advantage to finally download music and not buy music anymore.

...have you ever scratched a cd? I have mixtapes that are skipping just from play... haven't mishandled them in any way. I remember buying acd (blueprint 2.1) and it fell in a matter of a week and I couldn't listen to anything after track 5.
How do you feel.

I feel (and know) that artists make VERY VERY little off album sales, its more of a pride issue that only benefits their out of touch superiors.
Cds(fromacts on majors) should be seen as promotion, but support should be shown as spending $ on shows, T-shirts and w/e else.
If I really really like a cd and want to support it I'll buy it, I bought 3 copies of Nas, "hiphop is dead", and 2 copies of the "wu"album. I gave the other copies out as gifts.

I really don't like hiphop shows but I'm going to one friday.

Many artists are slowly making the switch to online only albums http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/04/first-downloada.html
I think artists should drop mixtapes and ask for online donations. I'd rather paypal $5, than pay $12 for a cd they'll see $1 for

Originally Posted by FWA III

I don't own a ipod
laugh.gif
sick.gif

one of best musical inventions ever.

nothing like having your whole musical library in your pocket.

Exactly. Having an iPod opened my ears to a whole new world of music. I download various artists and genres of music just because I can. It's so quickand easy and it broadens my views on music. But I DO buy CDs if i really like the artist. It pisses me off to know that all of the internet hip-hop world putsLupe at the top of list and complains that dude should be selling yet they physically did not go out and purchase his music.
indifferent.gif
Which is the case cause look, Lu cant even break platinum but Soulja Boyalmost can
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom