Am I The Only Person On Here With iTunes COMPLETELY Organized?

Props but it def depends on how big ya music library is. It's hard for me because I have a lot of just loose underground/rare/unreleased tracks thataren't on any mixtapes/Eps/albums so artwork is hard unless you count me putting a picture of the artist as it
laugh.gif

Real talk though when yall get in that 100GB+ area then we can talk about this task. It's hard organizing 26,920 songs as that # continues to grow. I meanthere's still songs I haven't gotten to listen to on it yet.
laugh.gif

BTW Media Monkey FTW!

Nah.. I got all the names and stuff organized.. And i leave a "." at the end of everything..
Like say i just DLed a Drake joint.. Itd be like " successful ft. lil wayne by drake"
When im done itll be like "successful. - Drake."

I have...

Album
Album Artist
Artist
Composer/Producer
Disc #
Genre
Track #
& Year

... all filled out to a T. I also have album artwork added for everything that has a corresponding match in the iTunes Store. I try not to cut & pastealbum covers for anything that isn't a mixtape, because they tend to get #$#!$+ up every now and then when you throw them on the iPod.

I even go as hard as to not capitalize most prepositions, I don't know why, I'm just anal about stuff like that.
smh.gif

I'm with all of you. Team OCD in the works?
laugh.gif

I have "Song Title/Artist/Album" basically all done. Only recently did I fix up all my songs by addingfeaturing artists in the song instead of artist.

I can't have my iTunes unorganized. I like going out with a clean iPod, knowing exactly where to go for what I want to listen to.

i have to have all of my stuff completely organized or it drives me nuts, artwork especially

ever since I got itunes, its been a struggle to keep it organized...all the feat. artists HAS to go on the song title....I'm not as picky as some of youthat HAS to have it ALL say "ft." I just copy and paste it to the track title from the artist field. I have to go through mines again tho cuz my compcrashed, (itunes is saved on a external HD) but when I load it back up it puts it in doubles and triples and some don't play. My library is HUGE, about 99%from cd's too. around 26-27 thousand songs but right now it shows 58 thousand cuz of the duplicates, Its a several week project to clean it up, I'vedone it 2x already. Then out of those 26-27k songs, about 5k are from my girl's brother's HD, which is TOTALLY disorganized.....thats another projectall together, IT WILL GET DONE eventually

ps
I'm not really OCD about everything, but I am when it comes to my music. You should see how I have my 1000+ CD's organized in the cd books/cases thathold about 2-300 each

My Itunes is crazy organized. I cannot stand looking through my friend's ipod to see 16 different categories for 50 cent. I need to update the album artfor all my albums though. Most of them have it but a few don't.

Got mine by Artist, Album Title, Genre, & Year. Even got my Window files arranged by Artist, Album/with Album artwork. Got about 17, 000 right now andworking on more, backed up on 4 different hard drives because if I lose this I'm through. I'm talking about blood, sweat, & years, my wife thinksI'm crazy.
laugh.gif
I use Allmusic and Discog for my album art.

So much of this thread describes me exactly. From putting features in the song title to not capitalizing prepositions. The only thing I haven't seen iswhen I have a song featuring more than one artist, they have to be separated by the ampersand symbol... not the word 'and'.

Also, one thing I'm steadily struggling with is which songs to label as 'Hip Hop' and which to label 'Rap'. Usually, if the song is on theslower side or features a singer, I try to label it as Hip Hop but there is A LOT of grey area. It also sucks because I try to keep songs on the same album inthe same genre but sometimes that's impossible.

Extreme OCD FTW/FTL?

Originally Posted by angelzdope

So much of this thread describes me exactly. From putting features in the song title to not capitalizing prepositions. The only thing I haven't seen is when I have a song featuring more than one artist, they have to be separated by the ampersand symbol... not the word 'and'.

Also, one thing I'm steadily struggling with is which songs to label as 'Hip Hop' and which to label 'Rap'. Usually, if the song is on the slower side or features a singer, I try to label it as Hip Hop but there is A LOT of grey area. It also sucks because I try to keep songs on the same album in the same genre but sometimes that's impossible.

Extreme OCD FTW/FTL?
grin.gif

Those Jay-Z/R.Kelly collab albums piss me the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
off.
smh.gif

no. mine is organized to the point where i've had to create new genres and even make an album cover in ms paint (because certain songs in my itunesdon't exist on an actual album). i couldn't stand having that ONE song without an album cover, artist, genre, etc.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by angelzdope

So much of this thread describes me exactly. From putting features in the song title to not capitalizing prepositions. The only thing I haven't seen is when I have a song featuring more than one artist, they have to be separated by the ampersand symbol... not the word 'and'.

Also, one thing I'm steadily struggling with is which songs to label as 'Hip Hop' and which to label 'Rap'. Usually, if the song is on the slower side or features a singer, I try to label it as Hip Hop but there is A LOT of grey area. It also sucks because I try to keep songs on the same album in the same genre but sometimes that's impossible.

Extreme OCD FTW/FTL?
grin.gif

Those Jay-Z/R.Kelly Omarion/Bow Wow collab albums piss me the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
off.
smh.gif
Fixed
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
at me for actually downloading that album.

eh i try to keep it in a little order but im not gonna go through diplomat songs and rename them to the diplomats and then put the actual artist rapping in thetitle

I just transfered all of my music from my iPhone to my new Mac using Senuti, and most of my album art is missing, can I do a mass "Search for albumartwork" or do I have to go one by one?

Back
Top Bottom