Am I the only one who think NBA athletes are wimps these days?

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

kevin mchale would not survive in todays league...ive seen alot of him on espn classic and i dunno i dont see anything special except for fundamentals...maybe if there was more importance on strenght it would be difference...i dunno im only 20

Please just stop.......please.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Every generation has soft players?

I wouldn't call Charles Barkley soft.

Or Kevin McHale.

Those guys weren't soft.
But David Robinson was.

So was Patrick Ewing.

Pippen was early in his career.

Penny? Charmin.

You can argue the degree of softness of those players, but at one point they were all labeled as soft. It's ridiculous to think that the 80s or the early90s or even the 70s was devoid of soft players.

^ I understand that, but when I made that response, it was in the middle of a debate with someone else.

I said that there were soft players in today's league, and dude was acting like today's league has no soft players. We were saying today's leaguehas soft players, and he came through with, "Pau Gasol is not soft!", like we said "EVERY player in today's league is soft!"

Then HE said a similar thing to what WE were saying. He said, "Every generation has soft players."

So I was responding the way HE did. I responded as if he was saying that EVERYONE in previous generations is soft. I said, "Every generation has softplayers? Like McHale and Barkley?" Then he was supposed to say, "No, I didn't say every player was soft. Those guys weren't soft." Andthen I could say, "And we didn't say every player in today's game is soft."

But he wised up and gave up and his shoestring-thin argument.

NBA players today are a lot softer then previous years. Not every player is soft, but the majority is. You see them complaining and crying to the refs afterevery call.

The rules the nba has put in place basically forbidding any contact by the defensive player have made it this way. Players dont get as much contact as theyused to, so when they do get hit hard, it seems worse for them.

david stern made the league into a finesse league, despite the fact that some of the best series ever are the ones where players were beating each other updefensively (bulls vs knicks, pistons vs bulls). it sucks now because u arent allowed to play D

yup in general the league is softer. Even Charles Oakley (while on the Wizards) said some current players wouldn't make the league back then....... thatsbasically why MJ came back, to evaluate his team and the players up close and use that to help him in the Wizards front office....

and
roll.gif
at McHale not surviving in today's league

Originally Posted by DaBulls23

The rules the nba has put in place basically forbidding any contact by the defensive player have made it this way. Players dont get as much contact as they used to, so when they do get hit hard, it seems worse for them.

david stern made the league into a finesse league, despite the fact that some of the best series ever are the ones where players were beating each other up defensively (bulls vs knicks, pistons vs bulls). it sucks now because u arent allowed to play D

co-sign

not all player are soft but the majority is....
smh.gif

too many of theseplayers are pop-tarts, soft in the middle word to 50

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't know what you are talking about.....players in the NBA are as tough as they come...

nba_ap_wade_275.jpg

laugh.gif

as I said in another thread, Steve Nash gets a lot of hate, but he is one of the toughest SOB's in the NBA....I remember when he messed up his nose after running into Tony Parker, and Parker is the one rolling around on the floor while Nash is checking on him.

either TP is tender or Nash got a brick head

Back
Top Bottom