Am I crazy or is Lamar Odom extremely talented?

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

he is the most talented player on the Lakers...but he doesnt show up every game

What?

So he can handle the ball, shoot and play defense better than Kobe now?

I dont agree with the most talented player on the team, but shooting is more a skill than a natural ability.

I agree with westcoast somewhat.

Lamar has more natural ability than Kobe, thus he is "arguably" more talented. But Kobe UTILIZES his skills and talent more efficiently than anybody in the league, which is why Kobe is the BEST player on his team and in the league.

word...kobe works on his game thats why he is the best player on the team...he works his shooting..defense and he does have that killer instinct and agression...for odom everything has the skill and talent to be the best player but he doesnt work on it...odom has the talent to play all 5 positions...he is a mismatch for anyone out there...he can make your bigs defend him out of the paint and he can work them off the dribble...his length and height can be too much for the smalls...if you can get the rebound and run the break on the other end now thats talent!...his unselfishness is also one of his strengths...if he worked on his defense consistently hed be even dangerous...only if he realized no one on the court can guard him the skys the limit for him
I think the word talent is being misconstrued.

Odom's physical makeup > Odom's talent.

He was given a body ready made for basketball and he was given a mind and will made for a stoner.

And your definition of "physical makeup" is?...

Dwight Howard has a body made for basketball... Is his "physical makeup" better than Odom's talent?

I mean, they are the same height & wingspan...
nerd.gif

Dwight has a similar physical gift from God. D12 is a different topic all together, however it seems as if he is more receptive to utilizing his physical giftsto become a great bball player. Right now, Dwight has little offensive talent beyond utilizing his superior size/strength. I never sad Odom's physicaltraits > NBA. I said ODOM'S physical make up > ODOM'S talent. I don't get what you are trying to prove.

I put him and Rasheed wallace in the same category,

........if they wanted to and felt like bringing it more than 2 nights in a row on both ends, Hall of fame easy.

If being the key word......
smh.gif
grin.gif

hes not even in the top 100 players ever bro. lamar is a good plyer but he is inconsistent. I'd take Dennis Rodman over him any day matter of fact heres alist of 35 players in the league now i'd take over him.

Lebron
Melo
D-wade
Tim Duncan
Kobe (unfortunately)
Pau Gasol
B-roy
Steve Nash
Amare
Shaq
Dirk Nowitski
Josh Howard
Dwight Howard
Jason Terry
T-Mac
Yao
Ron Artest
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnnet
paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Rasad Lewis
Hedo Turkoglu
Tony parker
Manu Ginobli
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Chauncey billups
Carlos Boozer
Gilbert Arenas (if he could stay healthy)
Rip Hamilton
Shaq
J.R. SMith
Rasheed Wallace
Yao Ming

Originally Posted by wren32

hes not even in the top 100 players ever bro. lamar is a good plyer but he is inconsistent. I'd take Dennis Rodman over him any day matter of fact heres a list of 35 players in the league now i'd take over him.

Lebron
Melo
D-wade
Tim Duncan
Kobe (unfortunately)
Pau Gasol
B-roy
Steve Nash
Amare
Shaq
Dirk Nowitski
Josh Howard
Dwight Howard
Jason Terry
T-Mac
Yao
Ron Artest
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnnet
paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Rasad Lewis
Hedo Turkoglu
Tony parker
Manu Ginobli
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Chauncey billups
Carlos Boozer
Rip Hamilton
Shaq
J.R. SMith
Rasheed Wallace
Yao Ming

JR SMITH & JOSH HOWARD are the only problems i see on that list.......

ESP JR SMITH, hes one of the biggest headcases in the leauge and one of the streakiest...

JOSH HOWARD i guess its debatable.... I mean id take ODOM over HOWARD because of his versatility....

Just curious as to why youd take HOWARD????

Originally Posted by raptors29

Lamar Odom and T-Mac are players that come to mind. Elite skill sets that never put it all together. After a while potential runs out.

T-mac did put it together though.
Vince & T-mac > Odom.

You guys just wait for Anthony Randolph to develop.. Lamar was just a rough draft..

Yes, that is the Warrior homer in me talking.

Lamar Odom? The guy who always go left and can't use his right hand? Top 5? Yeah right

hes not even in the top 100 players ever bro. lamar is a good plyer but he is inconsistent. I'd take Dennis Rodman over him any day matter of fact heres a list of 35 players in the league now i'd take over him.

Lebron
Melo
D-wade
Tim Duncan
Kobe (unfortunately)
Pau Gasol
B-roy
Steve Nash
Amare
Shaq
Dirk Nowitski
Josh Howard
Dwight Howard
Jason Terry
T-Mac
Yao
Ron Artest
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnnet
paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Rasad Lewis
Hedo Turkoglu
Tony parker
Manu Ginobli
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Chauncey billups
Carlos Boozer
Rip Hamilton
Shaq
J.R. SMith
Rasheed Wallace
Yao Ming
That's not the point. Yes, all of those players do more in basketball games. The point is that Odom has more talent than 90% of the people inthat list. I highly doubt you think Yao Ming, Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash have more talent than Lamar Odom.

That's not the point. Yes, all of those players do more in basketball games. The point is that Odom has more talent than 90% of the people in that list. I highly doubt you think Yao Ming, Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash have more talent than Lamar Odom.

So what is the point of this thread? To point out how much talent Lamar Odom has and how little he does with it?

Originally Posted by jtwo8ight

I think its has to do with his personality and drive. Lamar seems like a laid back dude who's content with who he is, which is fine but doesn't maximize the potential he has. Talent is only half the story Lamar is a great player but its clear that he doesnt have the same drive as a superstar. When you can put the two together you get very very special players like the Kobes and Lebrons.

Originally Posted by epox12

That's not the point. Yes, all of those players do more in basketball games. The point is that Odom has more talent than 90% of the people in that list. I highly doubt you think Yao Ming, Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash have more talent than Lamar Odom.

So what is the point of this thread? To point out how much talent Lamar Odom has and how little he does with it?

exactly

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Lebron
Melo
D-wade
Tim Duncan
Kobe (unfortunately)
Pau Gasol
B-roy
Steve Nash
Amare
Shaq
Dirk Nowitski
Josh Howard
Dwight Howard
Jason Terry
T-Mac
Yao
Ron Artest
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnnet
paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Rasad Lewis
Hedo Turkoglu
Tony parker
Manu Ginobli
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Chauncey billups
Carlos Boozer
Rip Hamilton
Shaq
J.R. SMith
Rasheed Wallace
Yao Ming

I think what you're trying to say is... if all those players smoked the same amount of weed and ate the same amount of candy, Lamar would probably bebetter than them?

If Lamar wasnt on the Lakers ud all be callin him a bum a talented bum yes but still a bum.

Everybody growing up knows a kid like he is got pure god given talent everythings handed to them because of it never had to strive n work hard for anythingthese kinda individuals never really maximise there talent level because they dont feel they have to.

Kobe is as good as he is today because of shooting the air ball 3s in his rookie year against the Jazz in the Playoffs he would of felt he fell at the firsthurdle let his team and himself down and worked to never let that happen again,Lebron and all the Playoff exits and dreadfull finals appearance by the Cavs hasbecome a better player and of course MJ gettin cut in high school and battles with his older bro made him wat he was.

If Lamar had a team on his back n he was the star goto player hed fail because he dont have that drive hes coasting along doin wat comes easy to him on a verytalented well built team hes just goin through the motions,I know Phil wanted him to be the Pippen of the Lakers but fact is Scottie had as big a work effortas MJ so I guess they gave up on that idea.

The Lakers need Odom to win but he needs them more because on most other teams goin through the motions wont cut it he can get by doin wat he does on poor workethic and still come out with deep playoff runs finals appearances n rings.

People who have to work the hardest in this world to be the best will always succeed more to me talent and skill can grow and be worked on but your heart andfight inside cant,you can make yourself good at anything with the correct work ethic n drive.

Peace
Scottie

it dont matter to me that hes inconsistant...

LO is still my favorite player in the NBA, and in this laker squad (inculding kobe)

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Lebron
Melo
D-wade
Tim Duncan
Kobe (unfortunately)
Pau Gasol
B-roy
Steve Nash
Amare
Shaq
Dirk Nowitski
Josh Howard
Dwight Howard
Jason Terry
T-Mac
Yao
Ron Artest
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnnet
paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Rasad Lewis
Hedo Turkoglu
Tony parker
Manu Ginobli
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Chauncey billups
Carlos Boozer
Rip Hamilton
Shaq
J.R. SMith
Rasheed Wallace
Yao Ming

I think what you're trying to say is... if all those players smoked the same amount of weed and ate the same amount of candy, Lamar would probably be better than them?
Pretty much.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

odom stays kushed up thats why
Yup. Dude loves that more than candy

You can argue that if he had both of their drives he would be the best player in the league. Off pure talent alone, with his size he is the only player since Magic than can legitimately play all 5 positions effectively.

Life gives you lemons, you make lemonade...

Lamar chose to eat lemonheads.
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

If Lamar wasnt on the Lakers ud all be callin him a bum a talented bum yes but still a bum.

If Lamar had a team on his back n he was the star goto player hed fail because he dont have that drive hes coasting along doin wat comes easy to him on a very talented well built team hes just goin through the motions,I know Phil wanted him to be the Pippen of the Lakers but fact is Scottie had as big a work effort as MJ so I guess they gave up on that idea.

Actually he had two teams that he carried ....... The last year he was a Clipper and the only year he was in Miami....... where he fell short with the Lakersis that he came to a team that just lost in the finals and was a perennial championship team ..... it's the pressure and expectations that crushed him...... If he had stayed in Miami for another two or three seasons and developed the confidence to handle the expectations of winning then we probablywouldn't be having this debate

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Lebron
Melo
D-wade
Tim Duncan
Kobe (unfortunately)
Pau Gasol
B-roy
Steve Nash
Amare
Shaq
Dirk Nowitski
Josh Howard
Dwight Howard
Jason Terry
T-Mac
Yao
Ron Artest
Chris Paul
Kevin Garnnet
paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Rasad Lewis
Hedo Turkoglu
Tony parker
Manu Ginobli
Kevin Durant
Derrick Rose
Chauncey billups
Carlos Boozer
Rip Hamilton
Shaq
J.R. SMith
Rasheed Wallace
Yao Ming

JR SMITH & JOSH HOWARD are the only problems i see on that list.......

ESP JR SMITH, hes one of the biggest headcases in the leauge and one of the streakiest...

JOSH HOWARD i guess its debatable.... I mean id take ODOM over HOWARD because of his versatility....

Just curious as to why youd take HOWARD????

I agree that J.R. can be streaky at times but at this point in time he has seemed to find a team that works for him.

and as for josh howard I just like his game for the most part I don't think he is amazing by any means but he is fun to watch most the time and I feel thathe shows up more consistenly then Odom does. MJsaver you had some good points sir.

And for this list I made these are players I feel that are better at basketball on a nightly basis. you can't say o if they smoked as much weed as Odomthen Odom would be better because clearly that's not the case or they just play better high. Odom is inconsitent and doesn't work hard to me he is asort of cancer for a team and he is lucky to have kobe and gasol on his team because he is nowhere near good enough to be a franchise player he will alwaysneed someone who is ahead of him. And noone ever got in the hall of fame based off how much potential they could have cuz if it was based off potential kwamebrown would have been great.lol (not the case) Potential means nothing if you can't show up everynight PERIOD. numbers dont lie. 9 years in the league andhe has averages of 15 9 and 4. not hall of fame worthy or even top 100 worthy.

^Tmac is wack! I could case less what you guys say, LO showed up in these Finals and delivered!!!

Back
Top Bottom