Am I Being a Rat Vol. Roomates Using my TP

Leave the TP in ur room, at least u'll save some money on TP. Nd tell the landlord the situation nd that's why u pay more, to have ur own privacy

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by OXspzFinder

Yo so heres the story I rent a room in a house with my 5 friends. I pay more than they do so that I can have my own bathroom connected to my room (tip for new or soon to be college heads 5 dudes and 1 bathroom = GRIMEY) but theres no door locks so I cant just lock that %%$.. 
Everyday when I get home from class I go to take my regular dump. I always know someones been taking a %+%# in my toilet because I always put the roll so the TP comes off over the top not under and its always the opposite way...

Theres only one other bathroom in the house besides mine. I'm usually good at sharing %+%# but I know if I let these cats use by bathroom its gonna get reaaaal dirty and messed up meaning I gotta clean that and pay outta my security deposit if something is messed up when we move out... 

Question: Am I justified in being pissed or am I just pissed because of adderall (EFF Finals) and how should I go about tellin these dudes to step off because at the moment I am 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Either man up and put a lock on it, or stop paying extra and just use that bathroom anyway. They wanna use it, they can put up the money for it. 

First place on your own in college?
 Landlord in end will not know and will not care even if you end up installing a knob with a lock (protip: keep the original knob). Extremely worth the peace of mind (get one for your bathroom and room even) and worst comes to worst you get charged $15 a knob on your deposit (well, really, it will be more, they get you for EVERYTHING. I have never gotten a deposit back). Either way, screw it. Get a lock.

Also, I wouldn't be too cool with my boys going through my room to use my bathroom that I paid extra for. I have been the guy with the extra bathroom (awful experience, it was the only bathroom on the first floor, not connected to my room. Everyone used it whether I was there or not, since it was the only common bathroom) and lived with the guy with the extra bathroom in his room. We never used it unless he was home and we had to piss. Which is how it should be.

All this talk about switching the door knob. How about just tell your friends that you don't want them using the bathroom. If it was a bunch of random roommates, it might not work, but your friends should respect it.

LOL.

this thread is funny. OP...ill be kind. just get a new door knob. nothing to it.

Originally Posted by asianplayer

All this talk about switching the door knob. How about just tell your friends that you don't want them using the bathroom. If it was a bunch of random roommates, it might not work, but your friends should respect it.
exactly...%!++ everything else

Y'all telling him to change the doorknob, that's wrong. He can't do that no matter how minor. If It's in the lease that he can't do it, then that's it, he can't. My suggestion is to take your TP in as needed, don't leave it in there. But seriously, how hard is it to tell them to leave your stuff alone. This isn't that big a deal, stop being a chicken OP.

Originally Posted by beh235

Y'all telling him to change the doorknob, that's wrong. He can't do that no matter how minor. If It's in the lease that he can't do it, then that's it, he can't. My suggestion is to take your TP in as needed, don't leave it in there. But seriously, how hard is it to tell them to leave your stuff alone. This isn't that big a deal, stop being a chicken OP.

alien.gif
seriously y'all need to grow some balls.

I would just make the minor change to the door knob. 
Now like someone else said I find it mind blowing that your room itself doesn't have a lock. Makes no sense. If anything I would have landlord addressee this issue above the bathroom stuff. My first few spots I had roommates and while they were really close friends I would've lost my damn mind without being able to lock door. It is a privacy thing. 

I get it bugging you people use your bathroom for the simple fact that they are entering your room with the only excuse being to use the restroom that basically you pay extra for. They wouldn't want you going into there room w/out them home so why is it cool for them to do that. Now if your legit troubled that they take dumps and not the above mentioned ... priorities bro. Now if they're leaving poop on the walls that is one thing but just that they're using the bathroom not a big deal isolated by itself.

So since your bathroom is connected to your room, your house mates have to get into your room to get into your bathroom right? If so then just tell them to stay out of your room. Whenever you leave make sure your door is closed too. I make sure my door is closed before I leave the house so my house mates get the picture.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by beh235

alien.gif
seriously y'all need to grow some balls.

Put the doorknob on, tell them to keep out of your @#$%, switch it back when you leave. I guarantee that unless your landlord wants to find any excuse just to @#$% with you and take your money, he will not care.

Back
Top Bottom