Almost my time to leave

I couldn't find the Military thread so I just made this thread, but I leave for Navy boot camp (RTC)  Monday morning. I do not feel excited, nervous or anything. I'm ready! I'm going into this with an open mind and take everything that happens as a surprise. I have to be at my hotel tomorrow before 8pm,  so at least I get to spend time with my family on Easter. The only thing that really gets me is how my mom is going to feel when I leave. When my brother left for the Marines she seemed depressed and I did not like that, but I have to leave and do my own thing to better myself as a young man. 
Just wanted to let the Military NTer's know & anyone else that cares.

Good luck and thanks.
smile.gif

good luck bruh, i still got about 2 months til i leave(army) i'm just ready to go now

Dang man good luck and as BPS said thank you. What part of the navy are you joining? My friend joined the Navy and was on on a Sub. You know they can tell you where they are headed out on deployment so I would get random calls telling me he was chillin off duty and in France, England, Miami, and in Bahrain among other random spots throughout the globe.
laugh.gif
%*!+ would make me jealous he was out seeing the world and stacking money while I was just working. Now he's using the GI bill and getting his college paid for.

I hope you have a similar experience. Again good luck and thanks again!

Originally Posted by 17

good luck bruh, i still got about 2 months til i leave(army) i'm just ready to go now

Good luck to you too when you leave, the time will go by really fast. I was feeling the same way while waiting.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Dang man good luck and as BPS said thank you. What part of the navy are you joining? My friend joined the Navy and was on on a Sub. You know they can tell you where they are headed out on deployment so I would get random calls telling me he was chillin off duty and in France, England, Miami, and in Bahrain among other random spots throughout the globe.
laugh.gif
%*!+ would make me jealous he was out seeing the world and stacking money while I was just working. Now he's using the GI bill and getting his college paid for.

I hope you have a similar experience. Again good luck and thanks again!

I'm going to be a Seabee (Construction Battalion) , my rate is UT. Yeah my bro in the Marines been to Japan (where he is stationed), Guam and Korea in the past 6 months
pimp.gif
. He's only been in for about 14 months.

I went in August bro if they say u can't get out its a lie...keep reu in ur head if u don't want to be there its cake homie just mind games and I hope u know how to swim

Originally Posted by vell23

I went in August bro if they say u can't get out its a lie...keep reu in ur head if u don't want to be there its cake homie just mind games and I hope u know how to swim

Iight thanks brah, & I'm a decent swimmer
grin.gif

Yeah dude I couldn't swim to save my life but I got it down there all u gotta do is jump off a 12 foot tower swim 50 meters and do a prone float my RDCS were Urqhart,Mastin,and Bearl they were cool minus Urqhart just get used to not sleeping and hope ur division doesn't talk too much

Good luck bruh, as your era starts, mine comes to an end. I should be getting out of the Marines in the next couple months. Even though I chose not to stay in, I am SO GLAD that I made this journey. It has been painful, tiring emotionally and physically, frustrating ect, but it has definitely been the change I needed. Everybody will not enjoy there time in the military, but everybody will get something out of it, good luck!!!!

My next step is going back to school, but I am considering going to the Army. I've been told by a recruiter that if I stay in the infantry, that I will go in as an E-5 (I'm an E-3 now), and then in the next couple years, I can pursue my ultimate goal of being a warrant officer and a helicopter pilot!

anyways, no thread jack, good luck OP

Much good luck to you brotha how long have you been waiting? I just got my ship date for september 11th yesterday.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Good luck bruh, as your era starts, mine comes to an end. I should be getting out of the Marines in the next couple months. Even though I chose not to stay in, I am SO GLAD that I made this journey. It has been painful, tiring emotionally and physically, frustrating ect, but it has definitely been the change I needed. Everybody will not enjoy there time in the military, but everybody will get something out of it, good luck!!!!

My next step is going back to school, but I am considering going to the Army. I've been told by a recruiter that if I stay in the infantry, that I will go in as an E-5 (I'm an E-3 now), and then in the next couple years, I can pursue my ultimate goal of being a warrant officer and a helicopter pilot!

anyways, no thread jack, good luck OP

I've heard, I have & had family in the military. Thanks & good luck to you and your future.

Originally Posted by taymane23

Much good luck to you brotha how long have you been waiting? I just got my ship date for september 11th yesterday.
Thanks
Since December 5th, 2011.

Wish you the best fam. Hit us up with your experience when you get back.

Thanks for all the support and if I travel the world I'll make sure to share some beautiful/amazing pictures with NT and drop some knowledge on anyone interested in joining.

Originally Posted by SoleKid

I couldn't find the Military thread so I just made this thread, but I leave for Navy boot camp (RTC) Monday morning. I do not feel excited, nervous or anything. I'm ready! I'm going into this with an open mind and take everything that happens as a surprise. I have to be at my hotel tomorrow before 8pm, so at least I get to spend time with my family on Easter. The only thing that really gets me is how my mom is going to feel when I leave. When my brother left for the Marines she seemed depressed and I did not like that, but I have to leave and do my own thing to better myself as a young man.
Just wanted to let the Military NTer's know & anyone else that cares.

It's been a minute since I got out the Navy, and it's not something I'd do again but I'm SO glad that I did it. SoleKid be prepared to meet some of the coolest, craziest or weirdest people you've ever met in your life. In your off time, please be sure to keep your nose clean. Stay away from drama and don't hang with ANYONE that is a trouble maker, because let me tell you, you will be labeled the same thing if you do hang with them. Whatever you do don't get a DUI, they're automatic career enders. When you're at work, get yourself a squared away mentor and get your qualifications done. Apply for "C" schools and try to take college courses (REAL college courses) as well. Make sure you get the GI Bill and don't let ANYONE tell you not to get it either! The GI Bill will come in handy. Be on time, keep your uniform clean and just follow directions and you'll be good to go.

Chillin in my hotel right now, watching Tosh.0 with my roommate. I ship off tomorrow morning still not excited or nervous just ready.

Back
Top Bottom