allen iverson is a free agent, and no1 is even talking about it....what has the NBA come to?

he is a 2 guard. there's an mvp trophy that says he plays that position just fine.

2001 was 8 years ago. Mark Jackson said it best "father time is undefeated", Iverson is past his prime but he still wants to get paid like its 2001.Its sad.

please stop it with the "didn't fit into the system" argument. If you are a superstar you should be able to fit into any system and stillcontribute positively.

I've never been an AI ever in my life but it's kinda sad to see dude fall of the face of the earth like this. He should just go to the 76ers for one ortwo years and hang them up.

Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

Dude is a year removed from averaging 26 and 7 a game. I believe he still has it and can average 20+ easily.
Of course he could, but could he do it on a highly successful team? NBA GM's don't think so. Iverson is still an elite scorer, buthe's just one of those guys that for whatever reason, doesn't play winning basketball. I have the same feelings about a few other guys, including Amare(though I think Iverson plays with way more heart than Amare does). Great players, but I don't want them on my team because they aren't winners.

Originally Posted by solefob

please stop it with the "didn't fit into the system" argument. If you are a superstar you should be able to fit into any system and still contribute positively.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

it's hard to do when you are surrounded by haters

I'm an Iverson fan but one thing I do notice about Iverson is that in the off season it doesn't seem like he works on his game, getting better etc. Itjust seems like he goes in every season without perfecting his game or getting any better. If he had the work ethic like Kobe or some other players hewouldn't have a problem finding a team at the moment.

he is old.. Got 21 mil last year. Is not the greatest teammate and has never won anything team wise using his teammates effectively.

If you could get Iverson for $8 mil people would be talking about picking him up. The reason no one is talking about him is because you need to give him $15mil+

You do realie that Denver won almost as many games with AI. They were still 50 WIN TEAM WITH HIM. Please JR smith getting older and better along with birdmanand melo stepping up made them go farther along with billup. Pistons are just old and suck period, none of this was AI fault, he gonna tear it up next yearbook it.

Originally Posted by epox12

Dude is a year removed from averaging 26 and 7 a game. I believe he still has it and can average 20+ easily.
Of course he can, he jacks up 20+ shots a game.
nerd.gif
08-09 17.5ppg on 15 shots a game and 07-08 26ppg on 19 shots a game.
You posted a season where his points are only 2 more than the number of shots he takes and a season where the number of shots he took a game were one less than 20. Guess you proved me wrong
eyes.gif

nerd.gif
but you said that he had to put up 20+ shots to average about 20 a game. Bottom lineis, thats still under 20+ right?

from the bulls thread

CBSSports.com has learned that the Bulls and Pistons may yet revisit Detroit's agreement with Ben Gordon and instead investigate a sign-and-trade thatwould send Allen Iverson to Chicago.

Discussions have not yet reached the highest levels of both organizations, but the revised look at how Gordon goes from Chicago to Detroit would benefit Gordonand the Bulls. Gordon would get an extra year, and thus more money, by signing with the Bulls and getting traded. The Bulls, who currently are getting nothingfor losing him, would get Iverson -- a fading future Hall of Famer who would get to finish his career in a major market as long as he's willing to accept asecondary role.

any thoughts???

The man can play, but he can't be the #1 option anymore, especially on any team that is looking to contend. I agree with the dude that said he needs a PGto distribute the ball, and CP3 and NO would be a good fit for him. But the problem is, is he willing to accept a lesser role? His answer was no. So no teamwith championship caliber is looking at him right now. He can start on 90% of teams in the league, and the only ones he cant start on are elite contenders thatalready have an established starting 5. Teams like Orlando, Los Angeles, Boston, Cleveland, and San Antonio. If some of you guys are saying he's flat outDONE though...you're totally WRONG. There are a few teams I have in mind that I would like to see him on. I think the BEST situation he can walk into isthe Chicago Bulls. They have a young PG in Derrick Rose that is running the offense. He can penetrate and make great decisions with the ball. With thedisgruntled Ben Gordon gone there is no true 2 spot that the Bulls have filled. Luol Deng has not turned into the elite scorer that they hoped he would, andprobably never will. John Salmons has revitalized his career there, but seriously...John Salmons as the starting 2 guard? Allen Iverson can fill the scoringvoid that the bulls DESPERATELY need. It will create a domino effect on the team and place less pressure on Rose and Deng to score the ball. This will open upplays for Tyrus Thomas, who's been a complete bust thus far in his career. The only flaw here is that Iverson has to play off of the ball. He needs toaccept a role which is STILL starting, but less of a role for the TEAM. He needs to play for the TEAM. I think wisdom comes with age, and he knows he needs tobe a little less selfish if he wants to win.

^^^ great post and excellent point made. I would love to see AI here, but I want him to know he is not THE MAN. This would be an ideal place for him to finishalongside Rose.

If the die-hard AI fans would pay as much attention to career winning % as they do his career scoring avg, then maybe they would see why no one really wantsthe guy. All that's going on right now is that the GMs are collectively discussing how they plan to start throwing him lowball offers. AI chose the wrongyear to be an idiot. He should go play in China.

Of course he can, he jacks up 20+ shots a game.
nerd.gif
08-09 17.5ppg on 15 shots a game and 07-08 26ppg on 19 shots a game.
You posted a season where his points are only 2 more than the number of shots he takes and a season where the number of shots he took a game were one less than 20. Guess you proved me wrong
eyes.gif

nerd.gif
but you said that he had to put up 20+ shots to average about 20 a game. Bottom line is, thats still under 20+ right?
Like I said you proved me wrong. Iverson is obviously an efficient scorer.

I honestly believe that a lot of people on NT aren't trying to understand they way it looks through AI's eyes, when he came into the league heinherited a team that had no or very little talent for his first few seasons, so if he wanted to win he was trained to do it for himself, and honestlythat's probably how its been with most of other things in his life, that does not mean he is selfish or a cancer...he is just someone who's had make ithappen for himself, and i honestly believe if he went to a team where he has genuine respect for the coach and the team actually believes him instead ofdoubting his abilities he can still flourish. If Allen Iverson had Shaq for the years Kobe did he could have won those rings, so i don't want to hear somebs about him not being a winner, he just has own style. Also he hasnt been situations that were right for him, and hes not hard to play with becuase he is aselfish player because he is a smaller sg who plays in an age of the 6'5 sg, so it makes him a defensive liability...

If Allen iverson had Shaq for the years Kobe did he could won those rings so i dont want to hear some bs about him not being a winner, he just has own style.

if if if. this is reality, not hypothetical world.

guy just needs to put his pride aside and contribute to a winning team even if it means taking a lesser role. a team with iverson as its main go-to guy, intoday's league, will not go far in the postseason.

Originally Posted by Drob2345

I honestly believe that a lot of people on NT aren't trying to understand they way it looks through AI's eyes, when he came into the league he inherited a team that had no or very little talent for his first few seasons, so if he wanted to win he was trained to do it for himself, and honestly that's probably how its been with most of other things in his life, that does not mean he is selfish or a cancer...he is just someone who's had make it happen for himself, and i honestly believe if he went to a team where he has genuine respect for the coach and the team actually believes him instead of doubting his abilities he can still flourish. If Allen Iverson had Shaq for the years Kobe did he could have won those rings, so i don't want to hear some bs about him not being a winner, he just has own style. Also he hasnt been situations that were right for him, and hes not hard to play with becuase he is a selfish player because he is a smaller sg who plays in an age of the 6'5 sg, so it makes him a defensive liability...

shut the *$%! up
your dumb as hell for thinking that
its all IF IF IF IF

Back
Top Bottom