PF-Larry Johnson
SF-Ron Artest
SG-Andre Iguodala
PG-Joe Dumars

discuss......

Kobe, he's the greatest of all time but he's not given credit

laugh.gif
j/k

Seriously, Big Z should be at center for everyone's list.

But he won't be.

And that will help prove my point.

Going with the NBA's GGFFC format...

G- Tony Parker
G- Kevin Martin
F- Hedo Turkoglu
F- Al Jefferson
C- Big Z

I say Tony Parker because when people talk about point guards, they begin their list with either Paul, Nash or Kidd, then they move on to Deron and Diddy, andsome mention Roy and Chauncey. NO ONE ever mentions Tony Parker... a Finals MVP.

I say Martin simply because he is never talked about when people talk about guards. Kobe? Check. Redd? Check. Iverson, Pierce, Jesus, Rip? Check, check, check,and check. Kevin Martin? Never.

For the forwards, I said Turkoglu (Most Improved Player?
nerd.gif
) and Jefferson, but I also wanted to mention Brand, simply because Brand never gets his props. Iwould mention Boozer, who also gets rarely mentioned, but with a contract like his, I can't call him underrated.

Big Z? There will be people reading this who will wonder who I'm talking about, and dude has been working for his team as the starting center for like 48years.

O.K., now my above reply looks stupid, because you did NOT have 'All-Time' in there at first.
laugh.gif

F- Dominque Wilkins

SMH @ how the NBA left him off the 50 greatest players list during the 1996 allstar game.

Alright, so now I'm checking back in with an All Time list.

G- Rod Strickland
G- Mitch Richmond (thanks, dre)
F- Detlef Shrempf
F- Dominique Wilkins
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas or Sam Perkins

Yeah, I just plucked Detlef and Kemp from other answers, but they're good suggestions.

I named Sam Perkins at because he was in 3 NBA Finals (I think; Lakers, Sonics, Pacers, right?), but could never be on a team that sealed the deal (got beat byMichael, Scottie, and Phil... then Michael, Scottie, and Phil... then Shaq, Kobe, and Phil).

^ How many times has he been an Olympian? All Star?

If the answer is anything lower than 2 for the first and 5 for the second, he's underrated.
dreClark:
2-Guard....

Mitch Richmond
Man, good call.

chris mullin dude was a beast but never got props b/c of the teams he was on also a current dude, just signed with the pistons Theo Ratliff, the man was abeast in the early days and then he just fell off, people stopped talking about him

also forgot Shareef and Corliss Williamson

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

If the answer is anything lower than 2 for the first and 5 for the second, he's underrated.

I haven't ever really kept up with him at all, but isn't he always injured?

Edit:
Looking at his stats, it looks like he's played a lot of pretty full seasons (70+ games). For some reason the only time I ever really hear about him iswhen he gets injured.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Maybe you can make the argument about going for 2000 but he was dealing with back to back injury plagued seasons for 04. And PF is a stackedposition in the west. He wasnt better than KG, Duncan, Karl Malone on the Jazz, Dirk, Webber, or Sheed

me:
How many times has he been an Olympian? All Star?

tmay407:
I haven't ever really kept up with him at all, but isn't he always injured?

I wouldn't say 'always' injured, but he has missed time. Beginning with his rookie season (99-00), he has missed 1 game, 8 games, 2games, 20 games, 13 games, 1 game, 3 games, and 2 games. And of course, he's injured this season.

I agree with ska. Z was the first center I thought of too. Sabonis after him.

Nique of course.

Rod Strick for sure. Mark Jackson definitely. Kenny Anderson too.

I don't see Mitch as being underrated for some reason. Dude always got his props. Eddie Jones on the other hand was solid at BOTH ends of the floor. Yetalways overlooked.

Spree too.

Lots of players man.... I'll think of some more.

Back
Top Bottom