All Time College Busts

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

bright? alaeze? platt? how are you a college bust when you never made it to college?

Well Alaeze and Bright made it to a school -- Melvin got hit with the attempted murder while he was at Illinois. Bright is at Shaw University. Would'veadded Jerrell Powe but he actually got into Ole Miss and apparently has grades under control. Three others: Sian Cotton, part of LeBron's crew, went to OSUas a d-tackle, failed out after a year. Dareus Hiley: Ted Ginn a year before Ted Ginn. OSU, failed out after a year. Marques Slocum: F--- lion.

Bogans? ouch.

he had a helluva college career man...averaged 15 a game for 4 years. had a disappointing junior year, somewhat...but other than that...

he put up good #'s under Tubby, playing in a system in which not too many guys put up eye popping stats. Bogans is 4th on UK's all-time scoring list.

nice call with Rod Rhodes, Jay.

Derrick Caracter.

DMV Heads know bout this....

t1_goodman_ap.jpg

Tamir Goodman....

eek.gif
at how much jaysfordayz resembles this cat
laugh.gif

Good thread....I'll post more up later on.

who was that one point guard at notre dame...he was a mcdonald all america, i thought he was going to be pretty good...chris thomas? chris anderson?

laugh.gif

From that page:

Crompton: "I can scramble well. I've got a pretty good arm and can throw it deep on the run. I haven't been tackled by the first guy in three years. I have great vision too. I want to get stronger, especially my lower body. I also want to read defenses quicker."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

who was that one point guard at notre dame...he was a mcdonald all america, i thought he was going to be pretty good...chris thomas? chris anderson?
Chris Thomas.

thomas_notredame_200.jpg

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

DMV Heads know bout this....

t1_goodman_ap.jpg

Tamir Goodman....

eek.gif
at how much jaysfordayz resembles this cat
laugh.gif

Good thread....I'll post more up later on.
sherminator.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*DEAD*
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

MB8, is that Shea Cotton??

Any mention of Lester Earl??? Dude had SO much hype coming out of HS....

laugh.gif
Crompton was like the #2 player out of HS

If u see him warming up, You be like Damn, Son got a Cannon. then u see him in a game and he straight Mackey Sasser status. throwin ground balls, 5yards behind WRs , over Wide open WRs heads....

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by dreClark

*puts on blue/white glasses*

Duhon finished his career as Duke's all-time leader in steals (300) and minutes played (4,813), and second in assists (819). He had one of Duke's top assists to turnover ratios as well. In Duhon's four years, Duke compiled a 123-21 record, making Duhon the second winningest player in Duke and Atlantic Coast Conference history, behind Duke's Shane Battier (131 wins). He helped the Blue Devils win three ACC Championships. Duhon was a finalist for the 2004 Wooden Award, the Naismith Award, and Rupp Trophy awards. He left as the only Atlantic Coast Conference player to record 1,200 points, 800 assists, 475 rebounds, 300 steals, and 125 three-point shots.

Your not supposed to stay for 4 years when your the #1 ranked PG in the nation
laugh.gif
Screw that.
laugh.gif
Dre just deaded OP's claim.
pimp.gif

I'll admit, Duhon most def. didn't fully live up to the billing...SURE, i'll give you that...BUT

Dude IS NOT AN "ALL TIME BUST" though...the thought/accusation alone is straight laughable.
laugh.gif

I'll be back with some TRUE busts.
wink.gif

Uhh...that's typically what a bust is. A player who doesn't live up to their billing. I'm not the one trying to place them on scales...so I don't know what a "true" bust is. A bust is a bust.
I'm sorry, but your own title reads "ALL TIME COLLEGE BUSTS", keword: "ALL TIME"

Just take the L on Duhon and keep in movin'...this is a good thread. Did you even look @ the class of 2000 PG's link that you claimed was a "very deep class" that was posted?

Marcus Taylor (ahead of Duhon on that list),
Taliek Brown,
Andre Barret,
and Omar Cook
round out the top 5 PG's.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You obviously have some lack of comprehension.

At the time obviously...it was a DEEP class. It's easy to look after the fact and laugh but back during that time frame that class had a lot of hype behindit. What L am I taking? Chris Duhon was a bust a Duke...you haven't said or proven anything for me to refute that. Let's agree to disagree and keep itmoving.

Eric Montross from UNC. He was pretty hyped coming into UNC (McDonalds AM ect). Dude was buns in the NBA. Yea he played a few years. But he never lived up tohis hype either.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Would you put Mike Williams or Maroney is this group? Or not yet?
They wouldn't be in the conversation at all. They did work in college.

And I can't tell who that is from that picture Matt

Back
Top Bottom