All-NBA Teams announced: Bron Unanimous, Rose & Howard 1 vote short of

No kevin love. :smh:.

The league leaders in the 3 major categories of scoring, rebounds, and assists should always be on an All NBA Team regardless of team record.

The league leaders in the 3 major categories of scoring, rebounds, and assists should always be on an All NBA Team regardless of team record.

So, from a completely statistical standpoint - no bias, no "watching the game," no "clutch," no "intangibles," no stanisms (I might trademark that), no homerism - there is really no reason why Kobe should be in the first team above Wade. He shot free throws better, and hit 1% more of his threes... Wade beat him in in pretty much every other "box score" statistic and efficiency ranking.

You can now commence explosions, name calling, and other craziness.

So, from a completely statistical standpoint - no bias, no "watching the game," no "clutch," no "intangibles," no stanisms (I might trademark that), no homerism - there is really no reason why Kobe should be in the first team above Wade. He shot free throws better, and hit 1% more of his threes... Wade beat him in in pretty much every other "box score" statistic and efficiency ranking.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Man, remember all those years when Pippen the sidekick was all-NBA 1st team and Jordan was all-NBA 2nd team? The 90s are full of such examples.

pippen was an excellent defender though.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Man, remember all those years when Pippen the sidekick was all-NBA 1st team and Jordan was all-NBA 2nd team? The 90s are full of such examples.

pippen was an excellent defender though.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 A brilliant business move if so fam .. I endorse 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 A brilliant business move if so fam .. I endorse 
pimp.gif

Yeah but people actually watch....you know.....And if you watch games you know Wade has somebody on his team whos just as good in Lebron( They basically take turns dominating) while Kobe has a great player in Gasol but hes not as good and cant really cant be depended on. So Kobe gets the nod.

Yeah but people actually watch....you know.....And if you watch games you know Wade has somebody on his team whos just as good in Lebron( They basically take turns dominating) while Kobe has a great player in Gasol but hes not as good and cant really cant be depended on. So Kobe gets the nod.

laugh.gif
 my dude.

Congrats to LA for making it.

And how quickly you fickle LA fans forget you were calling for Gasol to be the unanimous MVP selection after a month and a hald and during the last month in a half of the season you were claiming how Bynum is now arguably the second best center in the league.  Easy to forget you also had the 6th man of the year.

Both Wade and LeBron deserved 1st team nominations.  They got Bosh and 9 +++%!@% fire hydrants playing with them
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 my dude.

Congrats to LA for making it.

And how quickly you fickle LA fans forget you were calling for Gasol to be the unanimous MVP selection after a month and a hald and during the last month in a half of the season you were claiming how Bynum is now arguably the second best center in the league.  Easy to forget you also had the 6th man of the year.

Both Wade and LeBron deserved 1st team nominations.  They got Bosh and 9 +++%!@% fire hydrants playing with them
laugh.gif

Solid teams, Chris Paul wasn't given enough credit, as usual, and Dirk should have been on the first team over Durant.

And the argument for Kobe over Wade is probably similar to the argument for MVP. So if we weighed these "intangible" qualities so heavily for MVP, whatever they are, then why not for all-NBA? Not saying I agree with that line of reasoning, but some consistency would be nice.

Solid teams, Chris Paul wasn't given enough credit, as usual, and Dirk should have been on the first team over Durant.

And the argument for Kobe over Wade is probably similar to the argument for MVP. So if we weighed these "intangible" qualities so heavily for MVP, whatever they are, then why not for all-NBA? Not saying I agree with that line of reasoning, but some consistency would be nice.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Good point. I guess we should all just realize that these awards are voted on by people - not computers - so there will always be questions, biases, and arguments. One voter might use statistics, another might use wins/losses, etc. Who knows what these people think.

I think we should move onto more pressing matters, like finding out who in the hell voted for Perkins and Bargnani. Are the centers really THAT weak in the NBA these days? Should Bargs and Lopez even be classified as centers?

Good point. I guess we should all just realize that these awards are voted on by people - not computers - so there will always be questions, biases, and arguments. One voter might use statistics, another might use wins/losses, etc. Who knows what these people think.

I think we should move onto more pressing matters, like finding out who in the hell voted for Perkins and Bargnani. Are the centers really THAT weak in the NBA these days? Should Bargs and Lopez even be classified as centers?

I suppose you're pretty much right there.  Not trying to take away from Kobe having another solid season.

I suppose you're pretty much right there.  Not trying to take away from Kobe having another solid season.

Great. Dantoni will now continue to think its smart to play Amare at center. !+%@+!# just great

Back
Top Bottom