Alex jones booted from social media

The man is a character actor who exploits fake news for profit. He practically defines scumbag.
That said, i am not sure having all the big tech companies collaborate to erase someone from the net, is a totally positive thing.
The slippery slope is slick.
What say y'all?

It's their platform to do as they wish. I'm sure it won't stop his fans from screaming "censorship" however.

This is more about companies protecting themselves from the Sandy Hook lawsuit he is involved in than it is about censoring his problematic views.

I get that. I find it a bit strange that people would actually sue google and facebook like they are enablers .
It kinda gives a lot of power to people we never elected

Was he responsible for making up and spreading the lie that hillary was supporting a child prostitution ring in a random pizzeria? Then some guy went over there and shot someone because he believed it.

Would you be as indifferent if they clipped shannon sharpe or tariq nasheed?

Sure, but I don't think those guys are doing anything close to what Jones has done. Does Tariq reach a lot? Sure, but he doesn't claim every incident as a false flag and say dead kids are actors.

It's their platform to do as they wish. I'm sure it won't stop his fans from screaming "censorship" however.

Yes it is their platform but people tend to only agree with this when it's views that they are against. When it's views that we believe in we desire the freedom to publicly speak about them.

I'm all for getting Alex Jones all the way out of here, but as OP said it's a slippery slope.

Would you be as indifferent if they clipped shannon sharpe or tariq nasheed?
Shannon Sharpe does not spew hate speech and dangerous conspiracy theories. He is not equivalent.

Tariq's pages have been banned and deleted from Facebook numerous times, where were your threads for him?

These are private entities that Jones signed user agreements with, if they felt he violated them then tough for him. His fans can boycott these platforms in protest if they please.

Last edited:
Yes it is their platform but people tend to only agree with this when it's views that they are against. When it's views that we believe in we desire the freedom to publicly speak about them.

I'm all for getting Alex Jones all the way out of here, but as OP said it's a slippery slope.

I somewhat agree with you, but what Jones is doing is far from just stating his views. He's out right lying and claiming it's the truth.

Shannon Sharpe does not spew hate speech and dangerous conspiracy theories. He is not equivalent.

Tariq's pages have been banned and deleted from Facebook numerous times, where were your threads for him?

These are private entities that Jones signed user agreements with, if they felt he violated them then tough for him. His fans can boycott these platforms in protest if they please.
Yeah folks gotta stop pretending like they don't know right from wrong and stop trying to put everything in the same bag. You're enabling racists when you do that.

This is literally my first thread. Asking me why i didnt defend tariq when i wasnt even here to do it, tells me you are one of those "argue to be right when no one is even arguing" types of people. Or a "take offense when no one is being offensive type people.

What if he’s right and 10 years from now he sue’s all the tech companies for defamation of character and then runs said tech companies... hmmm

Honestly this “censorship” needs to be done with these types of people. Not every needs a voice. Spare me the amendment BS too because that was written during a time when the worst thing you could do is spread a rumor at church. That **** does not fully apply now

I somewhat agree with you, but what Jones is doing is far from just stating his views. He's out right lying and claiming it's the truth.

He's needed to go for awhile. I agree with you that he's not just stating his views. He's dangerous because he has a rabid group that blindly follows the garbage he spews. My original point was it happening now is more of a result of not wanting to associate their brand with his (especially when their revenue comes from advertisement) then it is about these platforms caring about what he's saying. It's a business decision at the end of the day.

Honestly this “censorship” needs to be done with these types of people. Not every needs a voice. Spare me the amendment BS too because that was written during a time when the worst thing you could do is spread a rumor at church. That **** does not fully apply now

If everyone doesnt get a voice, who decides who gets a voice and who doesnt?

If we dont elect them, how do we control it.

It's their platform to do as they wish.

This. And it doesn't matter who they do it to, or why. As a private company there is no issue with them banning individuals they think are abusing their platform.

The man is a character actor who exploits fake news for profit. He practically defines scumbag.
That said, i am not sure having all the big tech companies collaborate to erase someone from the net, is a totally positive thing.
The slippery slope is slick.
What say y'all?

AJ been out of pocket for years. But he usually stuck to tin foil hattery (HAARP, chem trails, British royal family drinking newborn baby piss to stay alive, etc.) so you could kind of stick him in the corner and ignore him. But since Trump ran and got elected, he completely went off the rails and went full alt-right/SWS. Add on him pissing off the Sandy Hook families, enough was enough, even for companies that usually give his type a pass.

Back
Top Bottom