AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

I find it amazing how there are a few cats on here who posted in the early pages of this thread topic that swore the Varsity Red VI's suck because the material is suede and not nubuck like the 2000 VI retro's.  

Now JB reissues the same shoe only with a slightly different variation of flourescent pink/red (but with the same suede), and these same cats are in unconditional love with this shoe.  New-found love all because of a different shade of red?

Those few, you know who you are.  There's a class you need to enroll in; It's called Contradiction 101.  SMH 
smh.gif

Originally Posted by denondct1

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

THERE IS A 10.5 SITTING IN MY CART RIGHT NOW FROM WHEN I TRIED TO ORDER OFF FINISHLINE ON RELEASE DAY. TO COP OR NOT, LOL. I ALREADY HAVE TWO PACKS.
Probably won't go through. Plus FNL will authorize your card through an automated system.

I'm seeing the same thing in my shopping cart.  Funny, it wasn't there the other day.  So what will happen if I order with my debit card?

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I find it amazing how there are a few cats on here who posted in the early pages of this thread topic that swore the Varsity Red VI's suck because the material is suede and not nubuck like the 2000 VI retro's.  

Now JB reissues the same shoe only with a slightly different variation of flourescent pink/red (but with the same suede), and these same cats are in unconditional love with this shoe.  New-found love all because of a different shade of red?

Those few, you know who you are.  There's a class you need to enroll in; It's called Contradiction 101.  SMH 
smh.gif
i still hate da new material, but what em i gonna do..wait another 10 years for a true retro?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

da way JB is whorin' out they legacy...i don't see jordans being popular in another 10 years, so maybe..JUST MAYBE they'll revert back to feeding da hardcore fans what they want.

Originally Posted by jman219

Got a size 10.5 on release day, and then traded away the BLACK infrareds for a pair of fire red V's from 06.
got another pack size 10.5 on the way for a friend

got another pack size 10 on the way I will be returning to Nike... Just not worth it for me.

so when all said and done, Im stuck with a White infrared pair size 10.5 thats gonna be wayyyy to big. 
You traded you black infrareds for a pair of fire red's from 06?!

Originally Posted by jordancrazy16

Originally Posted by sincere

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Well this is weird.  I was just looking at all the various sites to see if anything had popped up on any of them.  FNL was still showing unavailable, but I noticed it still said I had one item in my cart.  So I go to the cart, and there's an infrared pack in there.  Thought that was kind of strange since I already tried to buy it several times on RD, and it kept saying none available.  So I proceeded to check out just for the hell of it to see what it would do.  Asks for my billing info and credit card info -> continue.  I keep waiting for the screen telling me they are not available to pop up, but every step kept going through till........"Thank you for your order.  Order confirmation #".  
eek.gif
  W T F?  Even got the order confirmation e-mail.  I'm sure it will get canceled, but....how the hell is it even possible that it went through?
NICE! THAT WAS A COME UP!!!
pimp.gif
HOPEFULLY IT WORKS.

THIS IS CRAZY
The same exact thing just happened to me earlier in the day...i got the order confirmation # and just to make sure i called FNL up and they said they should be shipping as late as saturday. 
pimp.gif
 Mines is a sz 8.5 also....i had a 9 and a 8.5 in my cart on the release date but for whatever reason the 9 dissappeared but the 8.5 was still there 4 days later. O well i guess after this imma chill till the charcoals to get my funds back up 
tongue.gif

this happened to me also, saw a size 10 in my cart and ordered around 11:30 am,

didn't expect it to go through but got a shipping confirmation at 7:00 pm. i've never had an order

processed and shipped all in one day from fnl, eastbay, or ndc. and i usually get the shaft

when i order from fnl, guess i finally got lucky

haha, lucky you guys. I am almost certain now, my order of a size 11.5 and 12 wont go through, cause i placed the order today, and i didnt receive any shipping confirmation today. Pretty much means it wont go through. Oh well.
smile.gif

smh.gif
hahah you nailed it on the head my friend....i guess that NT'ers for you. lol mob mentality and hype runs rampant here.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

smh.gif
hahah you nailed it on the head my friend....i guess that NT'ers for you. lol mob mentality and hype runs rampant here.

man, jb is partially to blame for this as well.  Releasing the VR that is similar to OG, making everyone think this is as close as it will ever get to OG infrared, then dropping identical shoes with actual Infrared coloring.  You cant blame ppl for wanting the OG color more than VRs.

I am not saying there isnt any contradiction going on here, but man JB contributed to it just as much.

^^^The arguement on JB's enslavement over NikeTalk and the rest of many trend followers has been proven with this re-issue package. This is all fact.

My opinion is I would hope to own bgrade versions because they feature rare infrared box tag labels that may seem interesting to me.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

smh.gif

man, jb is partially to blame for this as well.  Releasing the VR that is similar to OG, making everyone think this is as close as it will ever get to OG infrared, then dropping identical shoes with actual Infrared coloring.  You cant blame ppl for wanting the OG color more than VRs.

I am not saying there isnt any contradiction going on here, but man JB contributed to it just as much.
If some passed on 1 and copped the other, I see that as cool. But whoever bought all 4. Sorry but
laugh.gif
. People can buy what they like but I'll be damn if JB entices me to buy the same shoe 6 months later with a "limited release" over it.
 ^^^The arguement on JB's enslavement over NikeTalk and the rest of many trend followers has been proven with this re-issue package. This is all fact.
Remember a few years back when insiders were warning us about what JB was trying to do? Remember when nobody listened?
laugh.gif
Well look at what we have here. JB KNEW they would release an Infrared pack BEFORE they released the Varsity Reds. So why didn't they just mass produce the Infrared Pack?
tired.gif

Abusing the very people who built the company.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^whats the verdict charm?

surprisingly, i'm more happy w/ the blacks, which is crazy cause i had black OGs and 2000 retros and NEVER had white infras (i was 6th grade when they released) and i've been dreaming about owning a pair every since. the midsole paint job on the whites is very disappointing (see: SLOPPY). overall, i'm happy with them although i overpaid, but considering how limited they were here in MD, i had no chance unless i woulda camped out (
eyes.gif
) which was NOT happening. but a fellow NTer did give me a good deal and jed got the assist.

so, to answer ur question, yes this was a gimmick, but yes these defecate all over the varsity reds. varsity reds are a hideous joke to me (which was why i had never copped initially) then i saw white varsitys in store like
sick.gif
. i have mixed emotions, but i'm happy i can say i own both INFRAREDS.
happy.gif
the suede on my blacks are
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

size 12 just arrived from pufferreds...

semans!

expecting one more from rmk and that's it for me...
Did they end up charging you tax?

yup... said it's michigan's law... i called their dept. of treasury and confirmed it, so there was no getting around it.

sucks, and very weird, as i've never been charged tax from an out of state store if they didn't have a store in my state. like, i just placed an order with stussy in vegas and they didn't charge me tax. i just ordered some serato records outta nyc and california and they didn't charge me tax...
eyes.gif

off topic, but Traktor Scratch Pro >>>>> Serato!!!
tongue.gif

Can anyone confirm if the leather on the white/infrared is the same exact material as the white/varsity red?

seems slightly different. varsitys have a softer leather that seems like it creases after the 1st wear. infras have a stiffer leather that seems like it'll hold up a little better over time. just my observation

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

size 12 just arrived from pufferreds...

semans!

expecting one more from rmk and that's it for me...
Did they end up charging you tax?

yup... said it's michigan's law... i called their dept. of treasury and confirmed it, so there was no getting around it.

sucks, and very weird, as i've never been charged tax from an out of state store if they didn't have a store in my state. like, i just placed an order with stussy in vegas and they didn't charge me tax. i just ordered some serato records outta nyc and california and they didn't charge me tax...
eyes.gif

off topic, but Traktor Scratch Pro >>>>> Serato!!!
tongue.gif

Can anyone confirm if the leather on the white/infrared is the same exact material as the white/varsity red?

seems slightly different. varsitys have a softer leather that seems like it creases after the 1st wear. infras have a stiffer leather that seems like it'll hold up a little better over time. just my observation

i concur. the infra leather is harder and smoother then the varsity leather

I don't really see what there is to complain about, i'm happy with these. I also think the the white VR's look good too.

Different. soft and shinier

Originally Posted by GZA73

Different. soft and shinier
^^ Yes.  Ijapino was saying this earlier in the thread, It's the same leather as the Univ. IX's.  Which is cool beacuse I've worn my IX's alot and the creasing around the toebox was very minimal.

smh.gif
PREACH!!! TABERNACLE!!!
pimp.gif

FNL has finally "completed" my order....should have my 2nd pack here early next week.

Sorry to hear some of your orders are being cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom