AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

here's hoping the suede pics were leaked to throw off bootleggers and they drop in dura (and possibly with NA). i aint copping regardless since the vreds are fine for me, but i'd like to hear you cats happy for a change.

Originally Posted by homer420

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

They're basically the horrible retro's that were just released just with infrared instead. Still going to get a pack just to have, especially since I'll be getting them off Swoosh.
if you think they are horrible why would you waste your money? you must be mad rich or mad stupid, which one is it?

exactly...i dont understand why dudes be like "_____ is garbage...ill cop on discount" SMH
dont try to use the beater excuse either...if you on this site chances are you got more than enough pairs of beaters..
if you think something is garbage why would you purchase is
eyes.gif

if someone offered me some XV for a steal...the ONLY way id think about buying them is to resell..why? because i dont like them...i wouldnt pay a dollar for those things

and anyways...as far as the bashing of this pack go...i say..............KEEP IT UP...
laugh.gif

the varsities got bashed so these should to...
i dont wanna hear nobody settling for the same suede they were bitcihng about months ago
grin.gif

dam to the dude takin all that mess about jb and young heads. dude relax man yea jb quality sucks but thats not the consumers fault, and sorry for being a young cat we cant all be 35 plus years old crying talking about the good old days. im in my 20s and yes im more into copping kobes n other sigs now a days, but when a cool release like these come around that are gonna come as close as possible the the og is cool.so if it bothers u so much then just dont buy and let the young cats waste their cash.

dam to the dude takin all that mess about jb and young heads. dude relax man yea jb quality sucks but thats not the consumers fault, and sorry for being a young cat we cant all be 35 plus years old crying talking about the good old days. im in my 20s and yes im more into copping kobes n other sigs now a days, but when a cool release like these come around that are gonna come as close as possible the the og is cool.so if it bothers u so much then just dont buy and let the young cats waste their cash.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

They're basically the horrible retro's that were just released just with infrared instead. Still going to get a pack just to have, especially since I'll be getting them off Swoosh.
if you think they are horrible why would you waste your money? you must be mad rich or mad stupid, which one is it?

exactly...i dont understand why dudes be like "_____ is garbage...ill cop on discount" SMH
dont try to use the beater excuse either...if you on this site chances are you got more than enough pairs of beaters..
eyes.gif

if someone offered me some XV for a steal...the ONLY way id think about buying them is to resell..why? because i dont like them...i wouldnt pay a dollar for those things

and anyways...as far as the bashing of this pack go...i say..............KEEP IT UP...
laugh.gif

i dont wanna hear nobody settling for the same suede they were bitcihng about months ago
grin.gif
This.  And I hate when dude so lamely conveniently bring up the fact that they have a Swoosh account.  Nobody cares.  Your not an e-celebrity 
laugh.gif

I ain't got a swoosh account...

but i do have a state food card...

so i'ma cop me some white label refried beans and gov'ment cheese with it.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

I just want to add that as far as JB saying that they want to keep the integrity of the older retro versions and OG's by using different materials and no NIKE AIR now.. and give respect to the collectors.. and keep the value of the shoes genuine.. and blah blah Busheet busheet busheet..

That's a load of crap. The White/Infras have never been retro'd. How can all of that be true?
laugh.gif
They're playing us because they know the shoes are like a drug to us. We're screwed.
Not exactly but the things we love them for is the same things we hate them for.  If they were to release Infrared VIs w/ "Nike Air' on the heel and 3m on the side, no one would care about the OGs and the people who currently own them would totally turn their back on the brand.  It's kind of hard to give us what we want without pissing off the people that have been collecting since before most of these kids were born.  I own a few pair of OGs including a pair of DS Columbia XIs.  Those Silver Anniversary XIs aren't a threat to my OG value because of the lack of a Jumpman and the soles are clear instead of blue.  But, this helps the people who want an all white pair of XI but aren't willing to pay a few hundred to get them.  How would you feel if you just paid $900+ on a pair of OG Infrareds and walked into Footlocker and saw the EXACT same shoe for $150??? You don't see Upper Deck or Fleer printing a million Jordan rookie cards so everyone can have one
laugh.gif
.  Also, I'm tired of people complaining about them "ruining a classic".  The retros were almost always different, even if it was just slightly.  OG Infrareds has 3m on the side, retros (that everyone praises) didnt.  OG Breads had a white trim around the patent, the retros didn't.  OG Columbias had a blue sole, the retros were clear.  We can go on and on.  At the end of the day, retros are gonna differ.  Hate them for making that decision but that's the only reason Jays are considered "collectibles".

Originally Posted by Mr718

I just want to add that as far as JB saying that they want to keep the integrity of the older retro versions and OG's by using different materials and no NIKE AIR now.. and give respect to the collectors.. and keep the value of the shoes genuine.. and blah blah Busheet busheet busheet..

That's a load of crap. The White/Infras have never been retro'd. How can all of that be true?
laugh.gif
They're playing us because they know the shoes are like a drug to us. We're screwed.
Not exactly but the things we love them for is the same things we hate them for.  If they were to release Infrared VIs w/ "Nike Air' on the heel and 3m on the side, no one would care about the OGs and the people who currently own them would totally turn their back on the brand.  It's kind of hard to give us what we want without pissing off the people that have been collecting since before most of these kids were born.  I own a few pair of OGs including a pair of DS Columbia XIs.  Those Silver Anniversary XIs aren't a threat to my OG value because of the lack of a Jumpman and the soles are clear instead of blue.  But, this helps the people who want an all white pair of XI but aren't willing to pay a few hundred to get them.  How would you feel if you just paid $900+ on a pair of OG Infrareds and walked into Footlocker and saw the EXACT same shoe for $150??? You don't see Upper Deck or Fleer printing a million Jordan rookie cards so everyone can have one
laugh.gif
.  Also, I'm tired of people complaining about them "ruining a classic".  The retros were almost always different, even if it was just slightly.  OG Infrareds has 3m on the side, retros (that everyone praises) didnt.  OG Breads had a white trim around the patent, the retros didn't.  OG Columbias had a blue sole, the retros were clear.  We can go on and on.  At the end of the day, retros are gonna differ.  Hate them for making that decision but that's the only reason Jays are considered "collectibles".
^ This.  Well said my friend. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
LOCK.
smokin.gif

Jesus... and you wonder why an older head like me has moved on and gets QUALITY PRODUCTS like the kobe 5, air max 2009, lebron 7 releases...

Ladies and gentlemen, JB is DEAD

Originally Posted by solezprogression

FIRST IT WAS...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

indifferent.gif

you can call up NIKE yourself and verify on style numbers....those don't lie.

sounds like someone is salty that they settling on da joints on da 23rd with da wack materials
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

AND

21e15de8345a20a84ab020880ea1c2f906bada0.gif

fams just cuz you satifisied with that warmed up poo poo stain ya call
da varsity red VI's dont mean they in any way shape of form better then
da infared
VI's by

a LONG shot....cats in this post lookin desperate to discredit this
pack because they want these inposter VI's dropping da 23rd to have
some type of
accolades

when in reality they just a consolation prize for people that wanna get jerked for having VI's earlier.

NOW IT'S...

suede?!
sick.gif
way to fumble such a anticipated release.....
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Can't I didn't see this complete 180 coming a hundred miles away.

You guys are hilarious with your "hopes" and "dreams".  Glad I copped the Varsity Reds for under retail instead of gambling on some future release I haven't even seen yet.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
definitely was anticipating someone to bring this up. That's not even half of all the stuff that was said.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I understand the sentiment you are talking about and also how us old heads would feel if the heat we so loved and took the time to care of was instantly taken away with an exact release of a retro. But I'm not buying that as a valid excuse, but instead as a marketing ploy. First of all these are shoes. They are meant to be worn. Just because JB (and probably Gentry with his ridiculous closet) want to keep the "OG Collector" happy by having some of their sacred collection protected by never releasing the same exact shoe doesn't mean it's right. If I ever paid $900 for a shoe, I'd be re-evaluating my life as opposed to being pissed that JB just re-retroed my exact shoe. That's just ridiculous.

Antics like this are just there to keep JB afloat and make their products more of a rarity, thereby creating a hype and a tier with their shoes. From a business/marketing standpoint, it is a brilliant way to add worth to something that shouldn't have so much value in the first place. Something is worth only as much as someone is willing to pay. I have a few pairs of heat that I have kept DS and stuff, but honestly, I'm afraid of trying to wear a shoe that is 15+ years old. In my eyes, that's more $$$ wasted than well spent.

That's just my thoughts that are from a different side of the spectrum. I highly doubt this is a way to satisfy the OG consumer. It's more or less a marketing ploy to get you to pay for overpriced old shoes, or to go buy a new pair of a similar shoe because it's slightly different. It truly is a love/hate relationship with JB....
tongue.gif

I will never understand the whole preserve the OG notion when all of the 94-02 retros were 99.9% identical to the OGs. Don't give me that they were 0.1% different which made them a tottally different shoe. None of those were made with OG collectors in mind, so why the change? It comes down to $$$$$$ and JB and I know it. All of these new releases will be worth NOTHING in the future compared to those shoes released in 99-01. So will make the retros following these releases worth anything? They will all feature wack quality (worse than payless btw), no Nike Air symbol, no retro card and no value. So how will the brand survive after that? Sooner or later, you're going to have to start from square one again. Because from a business stand point, you have to stat new-fresh in order to survive; and with JB - starting new means going old again...

ever since baby j & zero quoted and disagreed with me, I am just going 2 make fun of all members for worrying about making Nike/JB wealthier
special shout out 2 those that admit this

Originally Posted by MrWavez

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

this is so true

it don't matter about discount and being able to resell for more

The fact that your buying them in the first place is the problem

Because your supporting Jordan Brand and why support them with this bad release

That's the problem here

The fact that they jerked us again on this release should be enough to stay clear of it

Support them when they do something good not the opposite

SMH
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

so international only or no? cuz I see dudes in this post talkin about they spots gettin them in the US

dude chill out nuttin has been confirmed

don't you see we don't even have official pictures

Don't listen to people on here because its just rumors at this point no matter what they say

Wait for an official statement its easier that way so you don't set your self up for disappointment

Like we did with the suede lol

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

so international only or no? cuz I see dudes in this post talkin about they spots gettin them in the US

dude chill out nuttin has been confirmed

don't you see we don't even have official pictures

Don't listen to people on here because its just rumors at this point no matter what they say

Wait for an official statement its easier that way so you don't set your self up for disappointment

Like we did with the suede lol
Child Please. You been talking way out of line here little kid wonder who doesn't even know what Swoosh is. Sit down, and stop threadcrapping buddy. Go start your JB revolution with Mr. Grey Man, as your right hand man, and please, Shut Up. Seriously. It's really getting childish. If you don't like JB so much, make your own thread about this, and stop threadcrapping here. You didn't see the pics that were posted? Oh, it's not on Jumpman23 yet, so it's obviously not coming out. Just like the Flint XIII's, the CG XI's, and the Powder Blue IX's aren't on there yet, right? You think they're all ducktales too? It's almost like you're just trying to get your post count up... I see what you're doing here...

Cicero, it's not yet confirmed in the US, but it is likely to be released too. We're waiting on an official confirmation. As for the rest of the world, Korea, China, Canada, and Australia have all confirmed this pack so far.

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk

ever since baby j & zero quoted and disagreed with me, I am just going 2 make fun of all members for worrying about making Nike/JB wealthier
special shout out 2 those that admit this

Will, you're a funny dude. This just made my day.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The whole respect to "collectors" by making changes is bull. The brand could make changes that didn't change the look of the shoe that could distinguish OGs from retros and retros from retros. It could be as simple as a special tag inside the shoe or insole. Not having Nike Air anymore should have been enough to soothe the collector's fear of having their collection depreciated....and where are these angry collectors at by the way? I don't remember hearing a lot of fuss when retros began....and they were damn near perfect.

I think the whole thing is just an excuse to use cheaper materials. Soon all retros will be "considered" products and will be made from biodegradable compressed cardboard....and there will be people in here defending the brand for it.

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Originally Posted by solezprogression

FIRST IT WAS...

indifferent.gif

you can call up NIKE yourself and verify on style numbers....those don't lie.

sounds like someone is salty that they settling on da joints on da 23rd with da wack materials
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

AND

21e15de8345a20a84ab020880ea1c2f906bada0.gif

fams just cuz you satifisied with that warmed up poo poo stain ya call
da varsity red VI's dont mean they in any way shape of form better then
da infared
VI's by

a LONG shot....cats in this post lookin desperate to discredit this
pack because they want these inposter VI's dropping da 23rd to have
some type of
accolades

when in reality they just a consolation prize for people that wanna get jerked for having VI's earlier.

NOW IT'S...

suede?!
sick.gif
way to fumble such a anticipated release.....
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Can't I didn't see this complete 180 coming a hundred miles away.

You guys are hilarious with your "hopes" and "dreams".  Glad I copped the Varsity Reds for under retail instead of gambling on some future release I haven't even seen yet.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
definitely was anticipating someone to bring this up. That's not even half of all the stuff that was said.
You guy's nailed it
LOL this clown always thinks he knows and dont know jack, thats what you get for never leaving your cheap hood.  Get out more and see more of NY and you might have a clue.

Idk if this pack is worth it ima wait til US confirmation & more pics to decide. I copped 2 pairs of varsity reds already & will be getting the why/v reds . They come out to around da same price buying da pack or both black & white v reds. Idk if there's much big of a difference to cop da pack & plus v reds matches with more of my gear anyway.

Has anybody ran their varsity red 6's in the ground yet to see how durable the suede is? I've worn my pair alot and  they seem to hold up well.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

Has anybody ran their varsity red 6's in the ground yet to see how durable the suede is? I've worn my pair alot and  they seem to hold up well.

Wear my pair at least twice a week since release week.

NO CREASE VISIBLE, whatsoever. Great quality.

The yellowage is inevitable... but other than that, solid construction and the silhouette has
retained its marquee appeal and finish since they clasped onto my feet.

Love my varsity's.

Kiss 'em good night before i dream away.

Back
Top Bottom