AJ XXX (30)

Just got another pair of black cats for the $104.

Legit deal. I'm glad no one is picking these up because of the bad reviews.

I didn't want to either, but these shoes are legit. Easily some of the best balling shoes i've had in a minute.
smokin.gif
this. I've been wanting these bad to play in but I hear mix reviews on them, more negative than positive. I got a new gym membership and want some new shoes to play in.

there's an adidas tent sale this weekend and if I strike out there I may pull the trigger on these.

i want these, especially for the discounted price, but this big toe business is making me rethink it. they been in my cart for a few weeks now. i really want the reds, but the blacks for under $100 is alot more tempting. thing is i don't NEED these, or anymore shoes for that matter and i been tryna stay disciplined regardless of the sale. gotta stay focused.

i want these, especially for the discounted price, but this big toe business is making me rethink it. they been in my cart for a few weeks now. i really want the reds, but the blacks for under $100 is alot more tempting. thing is i don't NEED these, or anymore shoes for that matter and i been tryna stay disciplined regardless of the sale. gotta stay focused.
Remember you have 30 days to really try them out with Nike and return if any issues for a full refund.

I usually don't pressure people into buying any pair of sneakers but I pointed out earlier in this thread that these will likely not retro for a very long time and, more importantly, since Nike/JB released so few cws and the model had such a short shelf-life, I could see these being coveted by collectors in a few years.

Honestly, I can't even remember the last Air Jordan model that was released with only 4 OG GR cws (Wolf Grey/Black Cat/UNCs/Reds) and 1 limited CW (Galaxy) and absolutely no low top variants.. The XXX is an anomaly, in that sense.

Last edited:
so, i can wear them and still return them if i don't like them? :nerd: not that i plan on doing that, but i plan on using these for m:nerd:y primary hooping shoes and if the big to thing is really an issue i don't wanna be stuck with them.

so, i can wear them and still return them if i don't like them? :nerd: not that i plan on doing that, but i plan on using these for m:nerd:y primary hooping shoes and if the big to thing is really an issue i don't wanna be stuck with them.

Nike's return policy is pretty lax. That's why you'll see some dirty and creased up sneakers on the hash wall sometimes. You'd think the people returning would at least try to clean em up before returning, but that's not always the case.

How similar are these to the 29's in size my right foot its just a little bit wider and the toe box is really tight by my big toe area, should I got for a 11.5 or are these a bit wider to go with an 11?

Yep, Nike's return policy is awesome.. Also if you use ebates, the Black Cat XXXs should be around $90 shipped after discounts.

Last edited:
Nike's return policy is pretty lax. That's why you'll see some dirty and creased up sneakers on the hash wall sometimes. You'd think the people returning would at least try to clean em up before returning, but that's not always the case.
I have seen some straight worn looking shoes on hash walls at outlets before, but that isn't necessarily a reflection on the return policy.  You can return worn shoes within 30 days.  I wouldn't bother cleaning up shoes I wore if I'm going to return them.

Now putting worn shoes back out for sale is a different story, and that seems like it's the manager's call.

correct, you can return used pairs in pretty much any condition.
i wore the original colorway of these for about 3 weeks before returning for full refund because of the heel pain these cause on me, i just couldnt deal with it anymore.

"Black Cats" came in today. They're a lot tighter than I expected, but I recall my XX9s being pretty tight when I first got them too. The rubbery insole does make them kinda difficult to put on. Beautiful shoe nonetheless.

Last edited:
so, i'm really tempted to cop as they're still sitting. i think i'll pull the trigger tonight. so what's the sizing consensus? i got flat, wide feet. half size up?

:nerd:

so, i'm really tempted to cop as they're still sitting. i think i'll pull the trigger tonight. so what's the sizing consensus? i got flat, wide feet. half size up?

I was coming in to ask the same thing. I've heard people say a half size, but my feet are wide. I may get a whole size up. Thoughts?

I was coming in to ask the same thing. I've heard people say a half size, but my feet are wide. I may get a whole size up. Thoughts?

I will try to help you guys as much as I can and give you my experience. I bought the Bred 30s in size 11, mostly what I buy all Nikes/shoes in general to avoid the risk of being too small or too big. To me, the length was fine (I don't like a lot of extra shoe, and I wear for casual), I would say I have kinda wide feet. One foot seemed fine, but my left foot was really stinging on the outside down from the pinky toe. I'm gonna try them on again tonight to decide if I want to send them back or not.

I ended up buying the black color way in a half size bigger than my 29s. I will find out soon enough if they fit when they come in.
I was gonna ask how how they got in comparison to the 29s......
I have wide, flat feet as well. The XXXs definitely feel a lot tighter than my XX9s. I have a 10.5 in the XX9s and went with the same size for the XXXs. The XXXs are super snug so I'm hoping they break in. Half-size up might be a good idea if you don't wanna deal with a break-in period.

just copped the all black pair fpr 104 shipped. went with 10.5, which is the same size i buy in all my retros. the difference is i wear force fields in all my retros, which won't be necessary in these since i won't be concerned about creasing considering these will be strictly for hooping. hopefully i'm good.

i went with my normal size 10, they fit ok except for that rubber on the insole. ending up swapping them out for some store brand memory foam insoles, they feel a whole lot better now

First to last (except for the UNC'S because I wasn't feeling them at all) Honestly it's a pretty underrated shoe. Hope everyone gets a pair before they're all gone, I think a lot of people will regret not getting them. Just my two cents. 

I went TTS on all except for my Quai's, I half sized up. I say go TTS if you want a firm hold and half size up if you want a lighter but it bit firm hold. Lol idk. Hope that helps anyone on sizing.

Back
Top Bottom