AJ XXX (30)

Good to hear no issues.  It could have been that they tweaked them but I don't know -- I think the issue with the padding is that it can be moved up and down a little directly behind the achilles.  It should have been sewn tighter around that area or a little extra padding to fill it.  When I slide these on for hoop I usually adjust that padding a little and it's worked
Do you have the original colorway? It was the first thing I checked when I got mine, and it seems like there is less padding in that center portion of the pillows

Do you have the original colorway? It was the first thing I checked when I got mine, and it seems like there is less padding in that center portion of the pillows
I do have the original colorway too, but didn't look that closely when my all black pair came in.  You may be right -- I'll have to compare them later on

Very happy with these black cats 
smokin.gif
 but I am w/ @bigj505  though... the toe box jumpman is my least favorite part.  Wish it would have been like a slate grey or had the same effect as the other pairs

Its Crazy how so many people were talking bad about the XXX's now everyone has to get this colorway or that colorway. The shoe was dope from the beginning it just took everyone else's opinion for you to make yours. *****. Now with all the XXX hype if they were to drop the Galaxy colorway fools that hated the XXX's would scoop all of them up and leave folks who loved them from the beginning having to pay double on ebay.
mean.gif

Its Crazy how so many people were talking bad about the XXX's now everyone has to get this colorway or that colorway. The shoe was dope from the beginning it just took everyone else's opinion for you to make yours. *****. Now with all the XXX hype if they were to drop the Galaxy colorway fools that hated the XXX's would scoop all of them up and leave folks who loved them from the beginning having to pay double on ebay. :smh:

The newer designs ALWAYS take time to catch on.

The 20-21-22 and so on. The 23 from what I remember was pretty much instant though.

Its Crazy how so many people were talking bad about the XXX's now everyone has to get this colorway or that colorway. The shoe was dope from the beginning it just took everyone else's opinion for you to make yours. *****. Now with all the XXX hype if they were to drop the Galaxy colorway fools that hated the XXX's would scoop all of them up and leave folks who loved them from the beginning having to pay double on ebay. :smh:

Huh?

Its Crazy how so many people were talking bad about the XXX's now everyone has to get this colorway or that colorway. The shoe was dope from the beginning it just took everyone else's opinion for you to make yours. *****. Now with all the XXX hype if they were to drop the Galaxy colorway fools that hated the XXX's would scoop all of them up and leave folks who loved them from the beginning having to pay double on ebay.
mean.gif
There have been some newcomers for sure, but i don't think it's moving quite that fast...  these colorways are still sitting.

Also -- that galaxy pair would be a sellout regardless of how many people like this model

It seems like there is still a handful of the same people who are saying they want a pair or two.

Just because people who didn't like the shoe has stopped posting, which resulted in the thread being more positive towards the shoe, doesn't necessarily mean the hate is gone.

Those who hated the shoe has just mostly moved on, I don't think much has changed.

GIMME A PAIR OF WESTBROOKS

That Blue and Orange Colorway above, or the Orange with the Blue! GIMME THE BROOKS!!!!!

I picked up my Anthracite 30's from eastbay on the 20% off sale. And the controvery over this shoe is just that people didn't think it changed enough from the 29. I think the shoe itself is gorgeous and performs, and that is all that really matters.

The newer designs ALWAYS take time to catch on.

The 20-21-22 and so on. The 23 from what I remember was pretty much instant though.

It was already a thing with the AJ11 when they were leaked by MJ wearing them in the 1995 playoffs. Most people said they looked gay because of the patent leather. During the release more and more people purchased them and finally got sold out.

It seems like there is still a handful of the same people who are saying they want a pair or two.

Just because people who didn't like the shoe has stopped posting, which resulted in the thread being more positive towards the shoe, doesn't necessarily mean the hate is gone.

Those who hated the shoe has just mostly moved on, I don't think much has changed.

this.

plus the black previewed color was pretty well received by those that like the XXX so its not surprising to see the love.

This is the best time to be in a thread is when the negativity is gone and the people that like the shoe can talk about it. Though I do miss the Footwear King's posts 
roll.gif

This is the best time to be in a thread is when the negativity is gone and the people that like the shoe can talk about it. Though I do miss the Footwear King's posts :rofl:

that dude i kicked for being mad that the XXX didnt have auto lacing tech is still mad at me :smh:

Still cant believe people try justifying autolaces as a performance feature.
Like they really try getting scientific too.
They cant grasp the concept that if you are ever able to make a motor and laces as light as regular laces, you should still throw the motor away and just use the new lighter laces.
These 2 is less than 1 cats can't possibly hoop demanding more bells and whistles.
Its always the bells and whistles that end up failing for a voucher.

Yeah this is very true man. Hype around the XXX was low. I had to get them the first Day, but now all those loyal customers will most likely suffer at the hands of the hypebeasts just like all the Fake leather Retros lol.

Back
Top Bottom