AJ XX3 or AJ 2009

Any advice guys on what to buy... I'd be glad if you put the pros and cons of both sneakers...tnx!

XX3 all the way man.I am probably the only dude that paid full price for the 2009´s.Its mad comfy but i love the on court feel of the XX3.

don't have a 2009 yet but from a looks standpoint, i'd go with the xx3's, i think there was a thread here before though on the 2009'sperformance

the XX3 are horrible, i was sliding all over the court when i was wearing them.... and they are wayyy wayyyy wayyyyyyyyy too stiff... i might be getting use tokobe shoes tho...

Originally Posted by ezpinoy

the XX3 are horrible, i was sliding all over the court when i was wearing them.... and they are wayyy wayyyy wayyyyyyyyy too stiff... i might be getting use to kobe shoes tho...
Thats because you have to break them in...

so the grip gets better, and the stiffness goes away? if it does, i may give the shoes another try...

i'm pretty sure if you just bear through the break-in period that they will feel awesome to play in. just ask CP3 lol.

If you give the 23's a few shoot around sessions they will be good to go. I hated them the 1st time I balled in them, bared through the 2nd time, lovedthem the 3rd time.

Any shoe with a CF midsole is going to take a little breaking in. The 23's are very nice once you work them in.

Originally Posted by Hetty714

I hated them the 1st time I balled in them, bared through the 2nd time, loved them the 3rd time.
I had just about the same experience. I don't have the '09 to compare to, but the XX3 have worked great for me. No slipping issues, andthey feel great once you get past the initial break-in. Although from what I hear, if you have really wide feet, the side stabilizers on the forefoot can bepainful. I experienced no such problem as my feet are not particularly wide but something to keep in mind.

I have played in both.The 2009 is straight right out the box..but the XX3´s after they are broken in are clearly better.And ive been ballin in my stealth XX3´sfor over a year rotationally.So going from those to the 2009´s..you can clearly feel the difference.For starters the XX3´s put your foot closer to theground.And you have a 8mm full length zoom on top of IPS..while the 2009´s have forefoot and heel zoom..and the zoom in the heel is in the sockliner.And thenthe springy heel thing..what ever it is called..feels good in all..but reminds me and feels like a Nike Shox shoe i had i minute ago.I prefer my whole footbeing is close to the ground as possible.BUT traction on both shoes are great.I dont ball outdoors or ball on a heavily dusted floor either for the most part.

personally, i feel that the 09's are way too stiff in the heel...... but i didnt ball in them (i didnt really want to). but i have owned a pair ofXX3's before... and i think that is your better bet espiecally if you are a G/F, low profile, good traction, and pretty good cushioning.

I have both Air Jordan XX3 & Air Jordan 2009 and I've used them on the court before. Here are my quick thoughts of them.

XX3
Pros - Looks better, lighter
Cons - Pinky toes can hurt after a while cos of the TPU midsole, can be more expensive nowdays.

Pros - Grippier, slightly better support all around
Cons - Quite heavy

Originally Posted by reppin va

I have played in both.The 2009 is straight right out the box..but the XX3´s after they are broken in are clearly better.And ive been ballin in my stealth XX3´s for over a year rotationally.So going from those to the 2009´s..you can clearly feel the difference.For starters the XX3´s put your foot closer to the ground.And you have a 8mm full length zoom on top of IPS..while the 2009´s have forefoot and heel zoom..and the zoom in the heel is in the sockliner.And then the springy heel thing..what ever it is called..feels good in all..but reminds me and feels like a Nike Shox shoe i had i minute ago.I prefer my whole foot being is close to the ground as possible.BUT traction on both shoes are great.I dont ball outdoors or ball on a heavily dusted floor either for the most part.
thanks for the input

thanks for all your help... Because my friend who is a high school basketball athlete who is sponsored by nike is selling me his AJ XX3 for a friendly price ofP3000 = $80

For sure it is not fake since it came from nike philippines and he was sponsored by Nike...

and I wouldnt wanna waste money on buying the AJ 2009's if I wouldnt just like them...

Once again thanks brothers for all of your help!

I love my 23s but they make my feet hurt, you may want to try to both on and see what is comfortable

I love my 23s but they make my feet hurt, you may want to try to both on and see what is comfortable

Back
Top Bottom