Votes: 47 28.1%
  • Fourth

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • Fifth

Votes: 37 22.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters
I guess it depends on the pair. My 06 pair isn't slick on the bottom. It might also happen depending upon if you clean your shoes and wipe the bottom. In my experience, older kicks do this, but that slick feeling goes away if you just wear them, but don't wait too long to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 774
I don't know if you'll really be able to tell from the pics.
Def a well worn pair, but you can fix the slickness by rubbing sandpaper to get that shiny coat off or lightly go over it with a dremel, but most folks wouldn't go that far and I get it.

This may shock you…

I’m bored so here’s the list. I made this official a few months back lol. So if the topic ever came up I’d be ready. The top 5 has been the same pretty much forever.
11, 13, 12, 23, 7, 8, 6, 4, 3, 5, 9, 1, 10, 21, 2, 14, 16, 18, 20, 17, 19, 15*, 22

I put a star by 15s because I have a deeper appreciation for them today. They could move up once I get some pairs back in hand.

The 7 is sooo underrated at this point. I don’t get why they are so hated or at the very least ignored. It’s one of the best models in the 1-14 lineup, with plenty of history and some of Jordan’s greatest accomplishments/moments in them. One of the more comfortable ones also.

Not as iconic as the 6’s but the colorways were more interesting overall, and the comfort level is superior.

Last edited:
I forgot I had these and need to wear these more often... but I agree I wish they dropped the olympics and black/red pair... I got the olympic pair from 2012 but never liked the fit compared to the 04...

I blame the Jordan True Flight.
Might be the cause. Might also be because no tiktok streetwear culture vultures or celebs aren't rocking em. Regardless, the younger crowd don't mess with 7s unless it's Charcoals/Raptors. I went to DTLR when the Cardinals came out a few years ago and some younger kids (probably high schoolers) were looking at the Cardinals and snickering, saying they look like baseball shoes and other unfunny remarks. They were shocked when I walked up the register expressing interest in the release.

That's hilarious but sounds about right. To this day I am convinced the term "mid" stemmed from 'uncool' kids (2015-2019) rocking Jordan 1 with the Jumpman logo. I can see kids trying to fit in saying those aren't even OG High bro those are "mid/mids." Haha same kids who get mad when a dope Jordan 11 comes out in lows. They be like "damn wish these came in HIGHS." :emoji_expressionless:

"Lows, Mids, Highs" just a bunch of Sound Engineers I swear.

Back
Top Bottom