• Motorboat Jones (2012)

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Bentley Crawfish Ellis (2012)

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Similarly to how I wore my reverse breds,
except I'd add a varsity jacket
Img_2022_04_30_11_28_07.jpeg
Varsity reds are so nice, have yet to throw mine in rotation but definitely a nice way to rock loud cws.
Good to see you hit on these Chilies as well 👊🏼👊🏼

Now that they have fixed/revised a lot of the other models, I think I’d say 9s now hold the title for most butchered retro.

I recently saw a pair of OG 9s for the first time at the Jordan store in LA, and the retros aren’t even close. If they would at least fix the jumpman size and direction that would help A LOT..

But really the whole shape of the shoe is way off. The 1994 pair I saw looked a lot different. The mudguard didn’t have that slope to it, was pretty much just a straight line across the shoe.

Now that they have fixed/revised a lot of the other models, I think I’d say 9s now hold the title for most butchered retro.

I recently saw a pair of OG 9s for the first time at the Jordan store in LA, and the retros aren’t even close. If they would at least fix the jumpman size and direction that would help A LOT..

But really the whole shape of the shoe is way off. The 1994 pair I saw looked a lot different. The mudguard didn’t have that slope to it, was pretty much just a straight line across the shoe.
7 gets my vote on most butchered colorways, 13 on most butchered shape.

I plan on copping those soon. They look fire in hand to me, what don't you like about them?
Eh, idk, reminds me too much of work boots. I saw them in person at a sneaker shop in Lexington, and they just didn’t feel right in hand.

Too each his own, just not for me.

Oh geez.. here come “the purest”.
I had the OG pair of 9s and IDGAF which way the jumpman points. Ya’ll need to stop watching crabby Nightwing videos.
Ignorance really is bliss. I'm thankful I got in the sneaker game late. I'd hate to be on here comparing shapes and all that to shoes released decades ago. I understand the plight of the guys who have been at this since the beginning though, the OGs hold a special place in their hearts and it probably kills them that the shapes are never 100% like they remember. As for me though, the shapes of any of the retros have ever really bothered me

Back
Top Bottom