Votes: 32 24.2%
  • Georgetown (2021)

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Racer Blue (2021)

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wizards (2023)

Votes: 38 28.8%

• Total voters
Eh. Still have my true blues from 2011 in very good shape. Easy pass on this, but it does bring back memories of going to Green Acres Mall in '01 to cop the true blues that came out that year. Walked in, got to try them on purchased it and walked out the store. No fuss no bs, good ol days :pimp:. Copped a Wizards jersey from Modell's to match.

Def buying.

Ive been wanting a pair of 01 TB 3s bc I had em when they dropped in 01. Even with the jumpman heel it was a great shoe and Mike made em look so good on court. Needless to say I dont want a restoration project so these are a great alternative. Def buying. Now we need the Kobe Laker 7 PE.

These have a projected price of $210. This mock-up makes me wonder if the finished product will actually have a glossy finish on the bluish part.

I agree, but it wasn’t the same Jordan most of us grew up watching as a kid
Agreed, but remember he wasn't trying to be MJ the superstar he was being MJ the teacher. If he would have tried to be the man 100% of the time he would have easily avg 28 points. He thought he was going to be part of the Wizards front office after playing, but Abe screwed him over and fired him after he sold out the MCI venter for 2 years. Slap in the face

This…

He had 8, 40+ point games in those two years, one of which he went off for 51…He gets a bunch of hate for those two seasons but he had a perineal sub .500 team in playoff contention just by being on the floor…All at ages of 38-40, and after having taken three years off…
Not to mention two bad knees with out missing one game in his final season. Pretty remarkable really.

I agree, but it wasn’t the same Jordan most of us grew up watching as a kid
I see what you're saying, and for a long time I thought like this as well. But doing that at that age, in addition to playing a full 82 his last season says a lot. Players in their prime now rarely play a full 82 for various reasons. It's something that stands out more as time goes on.

Agreed, but remember he wasn't trying to be MJ the superstar he was being MJ the teacher. If he would have tried to be the man 100% of the time he would have easily avg 28 points. He thought he was going to be part of the Wizards front office after playing, but Abe screwed him over and fired him after he sold out the MCI venter for 2 years. Slap in the face
Not trying to derail the thread but it is well documented that MJ was a terrible teammate/person during his time with the Wizards. MJ the teacher was punching Kwame Brown in his chest and calling him all types of slurs that were demeaning.

His last year with the wizards the team voted to not buy him a retirement gift or celebrate his last game collectively. Team Captain and former North Carolina Tar Heel Jerry stackhouse was team captain that green lighted this. Then the front office voted to remove his seat from the front office.

Wasn’t really a slap in the face, MJ burnt many bridges during his last run. He almost didn’t even make the Allstar game😂 He lost from Fan voting to Vince Carter and the players/coaches didn’t want him there. David Stern did MJ a solid but the All Star East Coach Isiah Thomas had the deciding vote and guess what he voted😂

Last edited:
If you went to work every day, worked harder than the guys half your age, how would you respond to them? He wanted to win with players that did not care either way. They just wanted to be high paid NBA players. His bed side manner was not great at all to the minds of today, but he really was trying to teach those guys winning. He had nothing to prove but was still pulling a bunch of guys that should have had motivation to prove everything. Just to make a playoff spot.

If you went to work every day, worked harder than the guys half your age, how would you respond to them? He wanted to win with players that did not care either way. They just wanted to be high paid NBA players. His bed side manner was not great at all to the minds of today, but he really was trying to teach those guys winning. He had nothing to prove but was still pulling a bunch of guys that should have had motivation to prove everything. Just to make a playoff spot.
All part of the “MJ” wiz story that media flipped. MJ was not practicing, had a separate locker room, and received special treatment his whole time with the wizards. How would you feel if you practicing and someone doesn’t and then shows up to the game then Throws you under the bus?

MJ took no accountability and you can figure from the last dance doc how Hard MJ rides his teammates. According to MJ none of his ever teammates work hard. It’s one thing being at practice everyday pushing people to work harder than yourself by example but 40 year old MJ wasn’t putting in that type of work and still killing teammates

I mean to be fair, Mike didn’t act any differently with his Wizards teammates than he did with his Chicago teammates…It’s just THAT team wasn’t acclimated to how he carried himself while going to work as a player…

All true I’m not saying MJ wasn’t good with the wizards just saying as a mentor/teammate he was TOXIC😂

His leadership tactics was good with the bulls cause Phil and Pippen played good good bad cop with him

Last edited:
All part of the “MJ” wiz story that media flipped. MJ was not practicing, had a separate locker room, and received special treatment his whole time with the wizards. How would you feel if you practicing and someone doesn’t and then shows up to the game then Throws you under the bus?

MJ took no accountability and you can figure from the last dance doc how Hard MJ rides his teammates. According to MJ none of his ever teammates work hard. It’s one thing being at practice everyday pushing people to work harder than yourself by example but 40 year old MJ wasn’t putting in that type of work and still killing teammates
So when were all these situations with players taking place? It certainly was not in front of NBA game cameras. I cannot verify how many practices he participated in. Nobody really can. Maybe missed a few due to the several times he got his knees drained the last few years he played, just to make game time. Today it seems that its easy to knock him for his treatment back then. Again, I am not saying he was a good guy type at all. What I am saying is if your the best to ever do it, and still going harder than everyone else, you may be a little pissed about it.

Back
Top Bottom