Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Worn my white Penny 2's a few times. I may wear them for all-star weekend (Penny did in 1997), and the spring/summer.

Originally Posted by TheFoamCollector

Originally Posted by BinYe

these white/black/royal pennies are real nice.

I've been wearing them frequently to the gym since thanksgiving weekend and they feel great everytime for cardiovascular exercises.

Yeah, in Seattle, i have yet to see anybody with these on yet. I go to four different gyms (and workout 5 days a week) and it's a no show.

Imo, they trump over the black/royal cw and go with many outfits.

The toe box is creasing a bit (i lace them very loosely), but that shouldn't be too problematic... got 'em for 100 so i ain't complainin'.
Damn, Im scared to work out in new shoes just let alone wear em and get em dirty

LOL @ memphisboi.

Imo, the black/royal's, they were over saturated back in my highschool and only a select few sported the white joints. I guess, even to this day, theabundant exposure i was overcome with from that particular sneaker still has me feeling fatigued and damn near bored of the look/colorway.

Foamcollector, I notice 99 percent of people would opt not to wear new kicks to a workout facility. Au contraire, it's a forte of mine (i'm notaesthetically pleasing to look at, so i compensate by wearing nice nike air shoes to workout). Any who, I don't do anything excessive at the gym. I workout quite vigorously, but keep the reflexness to the shoe to a minimal. To do so, i do cardiovascular routines on either the eliptical or bike (both don'trequire much bendage of the toe-box, thus, keeping it staying uniform and fresh).

And i clean my shoes after ever wear (or other wear). Seattle rains a lot, so this is an imperative action for many of us Northwesterners who want to keep ourjawns immaculate to the tee.

Any who, i'm glad this thread is receiving the commendations of significance as it has. Penny served as a pivotal icon for many of us ghetto folk whoaspired to be like him.

It's mos def a good look how we can live through his spirit vicariously via wearing his sneakers. It's a monumental feeling everytime you lace up anAir Penny shoe.

Adios.

p.s. And i will be coppin' those white/blue liquid 3's when they drop. Continue my legacy of setting off internal "oohs and ahhs" by fellowgym patrons.

Byah!!!

^ i'm still in awe that they did not release the atlantic blues. its like going to a steakhouse and they serve you up salads. yeah the salads are good butyou expected them to bring the premium steak out.

^ now in reference to the white CW i think its okay but the black/blue CW is so much harder - i feel like in 2 years or so it will have value while the whiteCW will still be laying around

^ also cant' work out in such shoes. i have some beaters to go to the gym with. i'm tempted sometimes to take some of these out to hoop in but man icant take just destroying a shoe like that. at least not on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by typecast3

^ i'm still in awe that they did not release the atlantic blues. its like going to a steakhouse and they serve you up salads. yeah the salads are good but you expected them to bring the premium steak out.

^ now in reference to the white CW i think its okay but the black/blue CW is so much harder - i feel like in 2 years or so it will have value while the white CW will still be laying around

^ also cant' work out in such shoes. i have some beaters to go to the gym with. i'm tempted sometimes to take some of these out to hoop in but man i cant take just destroying a shoe like that. at least not on a regular basis.
I respect that. With the exception of the first sentence (which is quite an analogy, i would love to see atlantics too, but burgers in lieu ofsteaks would have been more admirable... the salad only is a wild concept!!! LOL).

Overall, your opinion is quite the popular one, i agree the black's being worth more in the future, so i guess that's more gold for those of you whoadoritize them moreso.

The gym arguement is another unanimous agreement most aren't fond of fathomizing. I'll stick to being the lone ranger at the gym with fresh shoes (itis tough to pull, but i don't wear my new shoes anywhere else, so i guess there's the compromise, i usually wear chucks or dress boots in public -ironic i know).

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by TheFoamCollector

I dont know why. Theyre a hot shoe

very plain is my guess. i bet blue laces would set them off some tho. shoot even black.
I was just thinking they didnt sell too well because of the fact they dropped in the middle of a slew of shoe releases. The official date was11/28 I believe and we had the 3 XX3's, the black and blue pennys were still selling, the silver flightposites, the XI/XII pack, and now all the releasesin the beginning of this year. I wasnt gonna cop these because of all the releases coming out but I got em for under 100 so I really didnt think twice. Theytend to grow on you after a while and it helps when your a big fan of the penny line and the player he once was.

OG colorway too. I got my white pair for $100.00 even. Even without the marquee releases at that time, I don't think the white colorway would've soldquicker. They didn't in 1997.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

OG colorway too. I got my white pair for $100.00 even. Even without the marquee releases at that time, I don't think the white colorway would've sold quicker. They didn't in 1997.

Yea I didnt expect them to fly either. But I thought I would see more people rockin em in NYC. I'm basing it on the success of the blk/white 2's andlike u said the fact that the whites are an OG colorway too. I just seen one dude wearin em in the 2 months they been out which is weird. Back in 97 nothingsold quick and I loved that

Shoetrends got a restock of these...just wanted to give you guys a head ups because i just copped and the price is nice too

Hopefully I can cop the white ones today for $80 today but if not I'll be waiting with ya'll for them to hit outlets.

Good looks on that, question. Are all shoes that are sent to the outlets B grades? Its been so long I cant remember.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Good looks on that, question. Are all shoes that are sent to the outlets B grades? Its been so long I cant remember.

no. not all the shoes at outlets are b grades.

I love my white Penny 2s. I got them for $80 at Shieks the weekend before christmas. Now bring on the Atlantics!!

Originally Posted by playaproved

I love my white Penny 2s. I got them for $80 at Shieks the weekend before christmas. Now bring on the Atlantics!!

I agree, please nike..release the atlantics!

Originally Posted by KingJay718
pimp.gif
just copped my whites for 100% off

Back
Top Bottom