Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Got my pair today... And they fit true to size too
20231124_124222.jpg
is the piping and the circle behind the swoosh still 3m?

Last edited:
I personally don't have a problem with the solid outsole anymore. It was present on the last retro, but not a dealbreaker for me. But I also have the 09 pair that has the translucent sole, and to me the difference is negligible, but that's me. I know others might not feel the same.

I initially had a big problem with it. But the solid outsole won’t yellow so it gives more longevity to the shoe

If only that 3M was on the Penny 1 tho....I copped those in March of this year. Nike def giving us the middle finger when it comes to details. It's so simple.

I feel like nike messes shoes up on purpose just for you to cop both pairs... look at the 2020 and 2023 uptempos...people were asking for the black swoosh in the back and white border to touch the midsole...coulda easily just did that on the 2020 pair but instead released it correctly on the 2023 pair...

Got my pair in today. It's on par for what I expect. With 90s Nike Basketball I'm never looking to be blown away, with rare exception. With the few pairs I was able to get as a kid during the OG releases I dont ever remember being impressed by leather quality. So as long as the retro stays close enough to the OG without anything wacky or super out of place I'm pleased. These don't disappoint and are true to size. Immediately going on foot.
20231124_135433.jpg

I personally never really cared about leather quality but the shoes were made to ball in. Full length zoom, carbon shank, robust air bubble, cushy padding. All that **** should be to spec if they asking 2 bills

Joints look cool. They do look cheap tho
What makes them look cheap? They look like standard 90s basketball kicks to me. And they're white which to me, the mostly white cws never look as good as the others to me quality wise, even if the overall appearance looks better or is cleaner. Like the home penny 1s don't look as good as the other two and the cherry 12s don't look as good as the playoffs quality wise.

What makes them look cheap? They look like standard 90s basketball kicks to me. And they're white which to me, the mostly white cws never look as good as the others to me quality wise, even if the overall appearance looks better or is cleaner. Like the home penny 1s don't look as good as the other two and the cherry 12s don't look as good as the playoffs quality wise.

Don’t get me wrong they look decent. I’ll probably get a pair eventually. But I had the og as a kid and obsessed over every detail of the shoe

#1 Nike doesn’t make 3M the same anymore. Peep the blk/metallic 5 it looks oily and cheap just like on these

#2 Gummy sole

#3 no fat bubble

I like my bubbles fat

IMG_1533.gif

Back
Top Bottom