Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

That black licorice bottom on the 09 pair kills it for me. I had 2 pairs and sold both because of the sole. I had the og Atlantics in 6th grade and that bottom was bright blue translucent. One of the hardest features on the shoe. I'm actually ok with the new sole because the color will never change. If they would've put a swoosh on the back of these I'd be ok with it but all those 1 cent logos don't look right. Esp with no 3m. That logo on the side def kills it. Maybe they'll come correct in the black pair?

With flash

Without

Ah, gotcha.

To be honest, I have no clue. I've had every release of the OG colorway Penny 2 and never checked for 3M on the heel logo.

If not 3m it was definitely some sort of shinny silver stitching. Guess I'll cop it's not like they're going to get any closer any time soon. Everybody likes the black pair anyway that's what I'm waiting on.

Can anyone confirm what nightwing said bout these in the last vid that the quality of materials is way better than the 09's???

Can anyone confirm what nightwing said bout these in the last vid that the quality of materials is way better than the 09's???
I think someone did say in the thread that the leather was nicer on this than the last one but anything would be an improvement on the leather of the atlantics from its last retro lol

The Penny II's are one of my favorite models so these were a must for me. I wish the sole was translucent but I'm glad they at least kept the 3M. Only paid $120 for these, so I think it was worth it. Took some comparison shots on my iPhone (Sorry for all the pictures)
1688jyf.jpg

1443t0.jpg

rmtpg9.jpg

2ymdo29.jpg

Last edited:
The Penny II's are one of my favorite models so these were a must for me. I wish the sole was translucent but I'm glad they at least kept the 3M. Only paid $120 for these, so I think it was worth it. Took some comparison shots on my iPhone (Sorry for all the pictures)]

$120 where?

I just noticed a major difference between the old tongue and the tongue on the new one. 

(thanks to ninteen92's birdseye pic of the two)

Last edited:
repped. very nice

Preciate it man. Wanted to show anybody that was thinking about em that they're not a bad shoe.

$120 where?

My buddy hooked it up for me. I can see these eventually going on sale like the last ones though.

I just noticed a major difference between the old tongue and the tongue on the new one. 
(thanks to ninteen92's birdseye pic of the two)

No problem man. I didn't notice that change until I looked at them from that angle too. I believe the original's tongue looked like the new retro's too. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom