Air max, force, dunk, foam heads, new thread 4 new releases plz?

All these "official threads" have effectively ruined this section because they are swallowing all da news dry.

..i haven't seen a new thread for a pair of air force I's inna hot minute..and god knows i aint digging through a gargantuan thread for news on things i dont know existed...wouldn't it be much better to showcase when a new color of a new sneaker is scheduled to drop? Like ya USED to do?

Its so bad, when i walk into sneaker stores, im completely blind when it comes for new airmax, dunk, forces, releases..nothing new is ever made a thread to showcase & highlight em..

I dont always wanna drop 200+ every time i cop sone sneakers.. Da airmax, forces, dunks, was always a perfect lane to spend mid range coin & still be poppin...i'd like to be made abreast of new releases via new threads without diggin thru these giant masses.

As kiddie as da Jordan Brand section is, its WAAAAY easier to navigate and zero in on 1 shoe at a time, in a thread & have real indepth conversation.

Foamposites used to have a thread for each color, its useful cuz u can gauge interest depending on da thread feedback from an organic level, and i can avoid talking bout ugly colors i can careless about.

Above all else, i been skimming thru all these "official threads" and it seems they were be better served in da sneaker showcase section, where postings older releases & pickups are encouraged there...

This section used to be cutting edge with all news nike retro..now i cant even navigate in here..feels like how ISS used to look like[emoji]128549[/emoji]..

And finally, with all da damn social media, IG, twitter, FB etc. Niketalk should still be da place i look for 1st when i wanna kmow whats New via new threads, not da other way around.

Who's da mod here? Wassup...i know i took a sabbatical for a couple years but sheesh..its like night & day..and not in a good way.

#da heights back in the business
nthat.gif

It's because the market is so saturated with releases now. New random retros come out every half hour, it feels like. It would be way more cluttered if every pair got a thread. But I feel you; I was looking for info on the UNLV Dunks coming out in a few weeks and found nothing here.

ninjahood ninjahood let's be real here. if you have been gone for a few years then you probably dont realize that things have changed a lot.

Its not like it was a few years ago when nike would have some chill with its releases. da foams for example, in 2009, we got what, 1 color (eggplants)? or even 2007 where we got royals, cactus, black/red, anthracites.
we would all just chill in there beasting and waiting for the shoes to drop but they dropped at a far slower rate that we get today where we are getting about a foam a month. Dudes just found themselves gravitating towards a "main" thread so that they werent having to post or keep up with 5+ foam threads at once. This is consistent with what we used to get when we would have shoes that dropped frequently or for a shoe that was in season like when we have the official jordan XX3 thread or whatever. It's not like the retro threads move that fast anyways sans for some hyped releases.

SB guys will spawn a new thread for a specific shoe if they determine its a hyped release and want to have its separate discussion thread so that the main thread wont be cluttered with the side stuff.

The SneakerShowCase argument, I have no opinion on that. I personally think that the NT sections are in dire need of a refresh and my opinion has fallen on deaf ears before so it is what it is.

And your argument that NT should be your source of info.... you do realize threads like the foam thread are constantly updated on page 1 as well as in the thread title, correct? Im pretty sure you havent bothered to check page 1 at all.

It's because the market is so saturated with releases now. New random retros come out every half hour, it feels like. It would be way more cluttered if every pair got a thread. But I feel you; I was looking for info on the UNLV Dunks coming out in a few weeks and found nothing here.

There has to be some kinda concessions, cuz this is real bad.

I go to a sneaker store and im flat out blind with these kicks...

Nike & JB sections are vastly more organized and they get a hefty amount of kicks...can this be re-done here?

Cant be too hard, just move all these offical threads to showcase where they belonged all along & make sure nike retro concentrates on new releases..

Those forces were in the af1 thread
Those pink blue 90s i haven't seen but they probably in there.
the only shoe in recent memory that caught me off guard was the pro streak max.....but i found the thread and nobody was really messin wit it

I mean....the only positives i can see with what your suggesting is this

For the most part i only like af1 his......i like og colors of agassis.....neon 95s......og huarache runner cws

So if those were ever to go on sale or re release and someone posted it in that thread i might miss it because those threads encompass so much more and i dont really keep up with it that much.

if there were a thread just on af1 his....neon 95s....i would only subscribe to those.

Also.....if for some reason i wanted some hyper blue am plus tomorrow. ...and i wanted info on quality....sizing....maybe an on feet look.....thats roughly 100 pages i got to look thru rather than 1 thread where everysingle page is wat i need.

Same for chlorophyll trainers etc

But i mean its nlt THAT bad. And at this point its so settled in i dont think a change as big as u want would happen.

I wouldn't mind it.

Now an "official air max thread 90s,98,97,93"

That too me is od.

Last edited:
And your argument that NT should be your source of info.... you do realize threads like the foam thread are constantly updated on page 1 as well as in the thread title, correct? Im pretty sure you havent bothered to check page 1 at all.

Ive browsed, and while da foamposite thread
Is by far da least egregious offical thread (to its credit its run like a well oiled Nike section thread like da lebrons, Kobe threads)

It was still better when each individual color was given its own thread for deep analysis like a Jordan brand thread when each colorway is its own animal.

Is by far da least egregious offical thread (to its credit its run like a well oiled Nike section thread like da lebrons, Kobe threads)

It was still better when each individual color was given its own thread for deep analysis like a Jordan brand thread when each colorway is its own animal.

That's just your opinion tho. The way foams drop now, it's more efficient to just have one thread. We got foams dropping like every two weeks now and what not and its not like the thread even moves that fast.
If you want to get info and dip, then go to page 1.
If you want to gauge how much people one a shoe then check to see how fast the thread moves.

Last edited:

That's just your opinion tho. The way foams drop now, it's more efficient to just have one thread. We got foams dropping like every two weeks now and what not and its not like the thread even moves that fast.
If you want to gauge how much people one a shoe then check to see how fast the thread moves.
ya should still make individual threads noteable releases, cuz its way more accurate and convenient to locate da info on a whim, and not having

to dig thru 10000+ pages of old pick up kicks and random banter to find what im looking for, in that sense nike, and da JB section are superior at organizing kicks and releases.

ya should still make individual threads noteable releases, cuz its way more accurate and convenient to locate da info on a whim, and not having

to dig thru 10000+ pages of old pick up kicks and random banter to find what im looking for, in that sense nike, and da JB section are superior at organizing kicks and releases.

Da ninja is simply complaining instead of grasping what was said. The retro section won't miss you bruh since it's so trash to you.

Im merely asking why is everything so convoluted here and cant mirror da other sections, that handle just as many releases..no need to get chippy.

Soo let me see if I got this straight.....

The other threads seem too convoluted and mashed with too much discussion on a single model...
Soo you decided to create a single thread to discuss 4 different models, hoping that it would seem more clear cut and to the point......hmmmmm

Im merely asking why is everything so convoluted here and cant mirror da other sections, that handle just as many releases..no need to get chippy.

I took the time to answer that but you just dismissed the answer and continually trash the retro section. I'm not being chippy. I just don't appreciate you trashing the section because it's not to your liking.

Soo let me see if I got this straight.....

The other threads seem too convoluted and mashed with too much discussion on a single model...
Soo you decided to create a single thread to discuss 4 different models, hoping that it would seem more clear cut and to the point......hmmmmm

Naw he's mad because we don't have a thread per color for each shoe that releases.
Nike retro just isn't live like it used to be and we get too many releases too close together compared to how it was back in the day. Dudes just found it easier to contribute to one thread like we do in the Nike section for sig models (Kobe brons KD kyries) and the JB section for the current Jordan (meaning the XXX).

I like it better the way it is. A new topic for every single release is unnecessary. Especially for all the Air Max's and Uptown's that release.

HONESTLY I FEEL LIKE BOTH NINJA AND BIGJ SHARE INCREDIBLY VALID POINTS..

except the Nike section he keeps referencing has a similar structure of what the retro section has evolved to.

JB is the only section now that has a thread per color but its because there is WAAAAAY more traffic for JB these days and the threads have been active as a whole.

Nike section =
Flyknit shoes as a whole
KB5-11 threads
Lebron 10-13 threads
Kyrie 1 and 2 threads
KD7-9 threads
Victor Cruz threads
ID threads for each

Its not the separate per color thread configuration he is making it like it is.

Most of these active threads has a member that keeps page 1 updated and if that member goes dormant, others have contacted me to change ownership of the thread to a new member and the thread keeps going.

Last edited:
HONESTLY I FEEL LIKE BOTH NINJA AND BIGJ SHARE INCREDIBLY VALID POINTS..
except the Nike section he keeps referencing has a similar structure of what the retro section has evolved to.

JB is the only section now that has a thread per color but its because there is WAAAAAY more traffic for JB these days and the threads have been active as a whole.

Nike section =
Flyknit shoes as a whole
KB5-11 threads
Lebron 10-13 threads
Kyrie 1 and 2 threads
KD7-9 threads
Victor Cruz threads
ID threads for each

Its not the separate per color thread configuration he is making it like it is.

Most of these active threads has a member that keeps page 1 updated and if that member goes dormant, others have contacted me to change ownership of the thread to a new member and the thread keeps going.

ABSOLUTELY HEAR YOU.. THE MINUTE YOU REFERENCED THE FOAMPOSITE EXAMPLE OF 2009 EGGPLANTS ETC VS SAY 2015.. I IMMEDIATELY SAW BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE.. IM JUST SAYING I GET WHAT HE'S SAYING NOT JUST FOR SAKE OF WANTING IT AN OLD WAY BUT THE INTRICACIES OF WHAT YOU GET FROM THE OLD WAY...

I CANT EVEN "PICK A SIDE" IF I WANTED TO BECAUSE BOTH ARE SIMPLY VERY VALID TO ME.. AND I ACTUALLY APPRECIATE THAT BC ITS LOGICAL NOT JUST "I WANT IT THIS WAY" AND "TOO BAD GET OVER IT"

Back
Top Bottom