AIR MAX 2011 Spring '11 **PICS**

idk why you guys think basketball elites with these are so outlandish. they make an incredibly comfortable shoe even more comfortable.

is it because they are crew socks with low cut shoes?

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

so is your sock choice. These are running shoes. Grab some no shows.

laugh.gif
 you're a baphoon. i'm a basketball player, i fell in love with nike elite basketball socks and wear them every day.
i been wearing crew socks since i was a freshman, set the trend for wearing crew socks casually at my school and don't even own no-shows anymore.

I think you meant 'buffoon.'

Its all about comfort and originality in my book.  If dude likes to wear elites with runners, who cares?  Sometimes I wear elites with slides to go grab a coffee or something.  Do I give a rip if someone thinks that looks lame?  NO.

Usually I wear no shows with runners, but sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I don't wear socks if its casual and super hot
sick.gif
can you believe that!!! crazy, I know.  Air max 1s with no socks.  Its a travesty, I know.  My point is this.  If everyone wore their shoes the same way with the same clothes, same socks, and same exact look, thing would be pretty boring right?

Imagine if the fab 5 never rocked their "long shorts".  Imagine if headbands didn't make their way "back" to the NBA.  Imagine if Kobe hadn't made "lows" cool once again for hoops.  What would we be saying now without some of these things?

Change and differences are a good thing.  Keeps things fresh.  While I may not love everyone's "look" here on NT, I respect their effort.  Single most thing that bothers me here on NT, is people ripping one another for liking something, wearing something, or saying something that they aren't totally down with.  Its America guys.  Lets keep it flowing.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Didn't know you can't rock crew socks with AM2011. I'll keep that in mind next time fellas thanks!

I know, right?  Some of the folks around here crack me up.  I was once lit up on here for wearing an "away" baseball jersey to a home game.  That was like 5 years ago, and I still laugh about how ridiculous their argument was.

As someone already stated, do you.  If everybody rocked the same stuff in the same way, life would be pretty boring.

On the subject of the AM2011's, I got my ID's in and have only gotten the chance to wear them once.  They don't seem as cushiony as the 2009 and 2010, but maybe I just need to break them in a little more?

Peace,
   J

@jshortt

I can't really compare the 2011s to the 09s or 10s because I never owned a pair of either, but I can say that the 11s didn't feel very cushioned at first, there was definitely a "break-in" period. After I broke my first pair in I was sold on these shoes. In fact, when I started wearing my first pair (bought after returning Lunar Eclipses that were extremely comfortable) I had some regret as I had only returned the Lunars because I preferred the look of the AM 11s. I'm happy I made that move now.

What insole did you select on your IDs?

As for this sock issue, I can't call it. I may not prefer what the next man wears, but I'm not the next man, so it doesn't bother me to see them wearing it. Let's see some more IDs everyone. Y'all got me feeling lonely in here.

seems like more than any shoe I've ever paid much attention to, people are buying iDs, rather than GRs, of these (which I guess makes sense since just about every GR CW that has dropped in these is terrible).

seems like more than any shoe I've ever paid much attention to, people are buying iDs, rather than GRs, of these (which I guess makes sense since just about every GR CW that has dropped in these is terrible).

Terrible ain't even the word Jeff the GRs are straight up boring... uninspired... DULL.

Then to add to the mix, how often does NIKE drop a new shoe and IMMEDIATELY put it up on ID? I know it happens, but it's not an everyday thing. I'm starting to side with you, thinking that this was a calculated move.

I just wish NIKE would drop something interesting with this shoe. Something unexpected or even something that draws inspiration from some older AM models. Something... anything besides these boring grey + one color shoes they've been giving us.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Terrible ain't even the word Jeff the GRs are straight up boring... uninspired... DULL.

Then to add to the mix, how often does NIKE drop a new shoe and IMMEDIATELY put it up on ID? I know it happens, but it's not an everyday thing. I'm starting to side with you, thinking that this was a calculated move.

I just wish NIKE would drop something interesting with this shoe. Something unexpected or even something that draws inspiration from some older AM models. Something... anything besides these boring grey + one color shoes they've been giving us.
i agree
besides the volts there is no other GR color i want as of right now

my birthday is early may im gonna treat myself to a few pair.

Its an opinion but those Elite socks look stupid with air maxes. I seen someone rocking them with some Frees and thought they looked weird too. Seems like its a high school kid thing.

YO! I've seen high school kids wearing Elites with Chucks and Sperrys.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

And you guys should rethink your opinion on the Neon Limes. I don't regret buying mine. Got me turning my nose up at my electric 09's. DF!!!

Second to last pair just arrived. My last pair is coming tomorrow.
These are beautiful. If I ever ID a pair I'm making these right here. 
embarassed.gif

@jshortt

I can't really compare the 2011s to the 09s or 10s because I never owned a pair of either, but I can say that the 11s didn't feel very cushioned at first, there was definitely a "break-in" period. After I broke my first pair in I was sold on these shoes. In fact, when I started wearing my first pair (bought after returning Lunar Eclipses that were extremely comfortable) I had some regret as I had only returned the Lunars because I preferred the look of the AM 11s. I'm happy I made that move now.

What insole did you select on your IDs?

As for this sock issue, I can't call it. I may not prefer what the next man wears, but I'm not the next man, so it doesn't bother me to see them wearing it. Let's see some more IDs everyone. Y'all got me feeling lonely in here.
  I went for the cushioned sockliner.  Still not really sure what the difference between the Cushioned and Responsive is, but I figured I would get more cushion out of the "Cushioned" sockliner, haha.  Wore them again last night, and they didn't seem quite as stiff.  I'm hoping it's just a break-in issue.

Thanks,
   J

Guess the AM2009 thread is dead, so I'll post this here...
Air bubble popped. Would I be able to get a voucher?

2ytzqxd.jpg

I wear elites with about everything since they're so comfortable. My boss @ Champs is a runner and he wears elites when he runs with AM's, i never thought it was weird IMO. I never liked no show socks so when i wear my AM2011 i use elites as well.

PDOT- Prob not, those look beat, they may tell you its "usual wear and tear"

Good luck regardless.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Good luck regardless.
Hasn't it been too long, too?  I mean those are close to the first CW and that was 2 model years ago.

Originally Posted by RL Treyce

Good luck regardless.
Yeah, I've def gotten a lot of use out of them.
For whatever reason, I thought Nike ensures their air bubbles for years past purchase.

I wouldn't hate a $160 voucher...

Back
Top Bottom