Air Kukini Retro (2022)

As an old head who had the OG waters back in the day, I wanted to get these, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Probably because I'm reformed in my buying habits, and the price had to be stupid good to do so. I even sat on them while they are on NDC for like $62.97. But today, things changed!

PXL_20240513_164448138.jpg
PXL_20240513_164511754.jpg
PXL_20240513_164533186~2.jpg

$37.48!!! 🤯🤯🤯 And I checked them, they weren't worn. If they were, it wasn't more than once. So I headed to Costco to get water. The Nike Outlet is next door, so I went in as I always do, to "SEE" if anything good is there. I haven't scored on ANYTHING good there in years! Last pair was the Magenta Huaraches for $63 a few years back and before that, I grabbed the Letterman 1s for $109.99 less 20% (I love that pair). Yes that long ago.

So when I walked down the center aisle and turn to loop back up (where the new runners are) I spotted these at he end where the "refurbished" pairs are. I did a double take as I didn't expect them. Turned around and saw they're a 12. I said, let me see if they fit.

DAMN RIGHT THEY DO!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏 A thumbnail's width of length at the toe on my bigger foot. So I looked and saw 30% off. Did the calculations...$44.10. SOLD. It wasn't until I got up to the register that the guy asked for my Nike Pass and that got me an additional 15% off. I was dumbstruck. He said he total was $37.48! My lucky freaking day!! Like I said I NEVER hit on ANYTHING good at the outlets. But you never know. 👏👏 Oh and this DEFINITELY qualifies as a STUPID low price.

They made SO . SOOOO many fire colorways of this shoe . I mean an absolute ton . And the only og colorways they brought back were the waters and the poison darts . That’s it . It’s a shame man . They could have at least given us the grasshoppers and the cokes . Bare minimum . I would have been ecstatic with those
Yeah, I'd be in 1000% for the cokes if they eventually release.

That being said, I really like most of the new colorways they introduced though. I think they did a great job.

The kukinis are probably the best kept secret/ most slept on shoes people are going to regret not buying later down the line. Even at full retail, they're well worth it if you like to wear your shoes. Happy for those who were able to get them for dirt cheap!

I've only been able to start wearing mine in the last two weeks(spent 9+ months in crutches) and they're mad comfy, just like I remembered my OG's from 20 years ago ❤️ Super plush from heel to toe and around your foot, that exact same OG Air Max feeling from back in the days, perfect fit, slip on easy , easy off, zero heel slippage, super light.

They do look outstanding on foot and every time I get stopped by someone on the street, at the grocery store or whatever asking me what are those, where did I get them or to simply compliment that my shoes are totally awesome!

I am so happy with them and so greatful for Nike bringing these back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom