Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Bordeaux 37
Screenshot_20220614-202513_Chrome~2.jpg

It would be dope if they made the “skeleton” black and kept the Leno weave grey.

The only positive design feature I see with these looks-wise is, at least they finally ditched the idiotic giant pull loop on the tongues. Other than that, see ya next year for another attempt, JB :lol:
I don't like the design of the leno-weave and that support material under it. looks dirty and reminds me of....

Attachments

• 15249182_MediumBlueDenim_001_ProductLarge.jpg
    15249182_MediumBlueDenim_001_ProductLarge.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 504
Overall, I like what JB is doing with the new models. I just wish that they didn’t take the philosophy that all premium materials are off limits for performance. We can still have some leather and patent leather. We can still have metal/metallic accents. A 0.043 oz weight difference is not going to make you a faster, better, more explosive player. I feel like they don’t take into account the point of diminishing returns. What we lose in the style provided by premium materials they try to make up for with extreme color ways afforded by these new materials. That works for some of us, doesn’t for some of us.

Not bashing JB. I still buy the Air Jordans that come out. Just saying.

Overall, I like what JB is doing with the new models. I just wish that they didn’t take the philosophy that all premium materials are off limits for performance. We can still have some leather and patent leather. We can still have metal/metallic accents. A 0.043 oz weight difference is not going to make you a faster, better, more explosive player. I feel like they don’t take into account the point of diminishing returns. What we lose in the style provided by premium materials they try to make up for with extreme color ways afforded by these new materials. That works for some of us, doesn’t for some of us.

I hear ya and I do think the reduced weight argument is a bit funny. Sure you want the best of the best. Sure you don't want to play in steel-toed boots or cinder blocks with laces but reducing it by .5 of an ounce seems crazy. Again, if over all you're reducing the shoe by multiple ounces then OK. But gosh darn, professional athletes can't perform in shoes that are a few ounces heavier? Ounces, not lbs, ounces. We're not talking football or hockey gear here. You're basically just wearing a pair of shoes as your equipment. I will admit I do like seeing them push forward with using different, unique and maybe newly created materials. Again, I'm ancient - I've been around for a while - so been there and done that with the leather, metal, etc. but I can definitely see the argument where using those should not be ruled out based on weight especially for accents. Sorry for the ramble again. LOL

this is what I exactly talking about. also annoys me that some reviewers are sensitive about ounces. damn idiots think that a 1 pound shoe is heavy enough to impact a shoe that is a 1/2 lb lighter. it's ridiculous. the truth is, what some of these reviewers are missing that weight balance and flexibility are a lot more crucial for performance than overall weight. I don't mind them changing the materials or making them light, just don't make them look silly like you are wearing a raincoat on your feet.

I hear ya and I do think the reduced weight argument is a bit funny. Sure you want the best of the best. Sure you don't want to play in steel-toed boots or cinder blocks with laces but reducing it by .5 of an ounce seems crazy. Again, if over all you're reducing the shoe by multiple ounces then OK. But gosh darn, professional athletes can't perform in shoes that are a few ounces heavier? Ounces, not lbs, ounces. We're not talking football or hockey gear here. You're basically just wearing a pair of shoes as your equipment. I will admit I do like seeing them push forward with using different, unique and maybe newly created materials. Again, I'm ancient - I've been around for a while - so been there and done that with the leather, metal, etc. but I can definitely see the argument where using those should not be ruled out based on weight especially for accents. Sorry for the ramble again. LOL
:rofl: . I remember wearing 32/64 ounces leg weights which are equivalent to 2/4 lbs with shoes that are about 16 ounces (1 lb) when jogging. some people are already complaining of 16 ounce is heavy. goodness, that is beyond crazy. it's SAD. just don't wear shoes at all.

this is what I exactly talking about. also annoys me that some reviewers are sensitive about ounces. damn idiots think that a 1 pound shoe is heavy enough to impact a shoe that is a 1/2 lb lighter. it's ridiculous. the truth is, what some of these reviewers are missing that weight balance and flexibility are a lot more crucial for performance than overall weight. I don't mind them changing the materials or making them light, just don't make them look silly like you are wearing a raincoat on your feet.
Totally agree, some of the better performing Jordans were far from light: X, XII, XVIII, XIX, XX, 2011.

Exactly, weight balance and flexibility. These new things feel like Chinese finger traps

Back
Top Bottom