Air Jordan XXIII Lamborghini Reventon inspired?

Originally Posted by s dubl

Wow, it's like I'll be wearing a Lambo on my feet.....

LOL!!!!
roll.gif
Don't be so mean.

lol. This turned out to be a great post.

Nope- XX3 was inspired by motorcycle racing and native american culture.
i do remember that too. Now that i think of it, i think you are right.

ahhh! i just re-watched the Gentry video and you guys were 100% correct on it being based off motor racing, not racecar driving. my apologies!
embarassed.gif

I don't really see it, either....since the Reventon is inspired by the F-117 Nighthawk, it would be kinda lame for JB to get inspired by a carthat's inspired by a stealth bomber when the XXIIs were inspired by a stealth fighter (the F-22 Raptor) in the not so distant past.

Maybe you should try putting the pic of the shoe right by the pic of the car... It might emphasize the resemblance a little bit more. Just a suggestion. As ofright now I see nothing but the connection of the color.

I don't see it at all.. who knows where they got the idea with all that stitching on the shoe. I'd rather get the car, if I could even afford it, haha.

well its not at all based of the lambo........but like stated above taken hints
and cues from jordans passion of motorcycle racing
its funny that it resembles the chassis of the motorcycle yet has his fingerprint on the sole? as well as his signature all over it?
the overall design is too busy for me and is a big change form the XX2 and is ultra simple design doesn really put the exclamation point to the line that i hadhoped but time will tell hype beasts will buy em,,,,,

if by chance you were to win the lottery and had all the money in the world it would still be
near impossible to get your hands on one .............theres a waiting list for all the cars in the lamborghini line they are custome made

Originally Posted by 2396Bulls

Originally Posted by blco02

Nope- XX3 was inspired by motorcycle racing and native american culture.
Yeah unfortunately not. Sorry but you must have not been to this forum in a while because what blco just said is what Gentry said is the inspiration for the XXIII. For the midsole, I think there has been some posts showing some of the jordan mortorcycle racing helmets and other jordan racing related pics where that influence is clearly seen. The upper and the stitching patterns are native american inspired. Badass car though. Looks like it could fly if it had wings.

How you gonna correct a person by saying the same thing he said, but with a tinch more detail?
roll.gif

I can kinda see where you coming from with all the angles and stuff on the Lambo and the same for the XX3 but like others stated it came from somewhere else.

cmparelq7.jpg

i sort of see where your coming from..

in case some of you cant see, i believe the author of this thread is refering to the unique design of the midsole.

Back
Top Bottom