Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

For the me the design was awesome. I didn't like the SEs at all as they looked like a regular basketball shoe. These certainly don't but they do perform like one. Even though they were overshadowed last year by the lebron x and kobe 8, the XX8s were a lot better performance wise and didn't feel as cheap as the lebron x.
I will concede that most colorways were pretty lame, with maybe 3 or 4 really good ones.
It's time to close the door on the XX8s and unveil the 29s. They need to put it on the fore front of their signatures. They don't have to flood the market with them but they don't have to be anemic either (try the Kobe 9 model).
but the kobe 9s are extremely anemic........

Last edited:
but the kobe 9s are extremely anemic........

I found the Kobe 9 Perspectives in more stores in Tampa than any Jordan XX8 release. Normally, it would University Mall Foot Action and Champs. Bamboos were in one store and went quick online.

If their intention was to make these as found in the wild as a Yetti or Big Foot than they were successful.

Green Camos at my outlet for $100 after discounts. So damn tempting. I basically want these for casual use. Anybody got pics with these with pants/jeans?

Just copped green camos and aj 1 all white for $130 after 20% store discount, additional 20% off coupon for taking a nike outlet survey, and a $20 coupon for orders over $100. Today was a good day (in my Ice Cube voice)

Been looking for black/neon in a size 13 forever [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Man. Honestly, I think they may have made 5,000 or less of those. I think bamboos are in the same number. You rarely see pairs out on ebay or other forums. In another yr, I am sure bamboos will be dried up

Wish they didn't put that bamboo crap on the back and I would t returned my pair. Just couldn't get over it... That white upper would have looked nice with the CF

Still hunting for a pair to wear for ball. Haven't had any luck at outlets for size 9 or 9.5. Should I be concerned about outlet pairs, considering they're B-Grades? Does that make them liable for the zoom bags to pop or anything? I'm assuming it's still covered by Nike nonetheless. 

Also, does anyone have any idea if these have a little more give in the toebox than the Super.Fly 2? That's what I've been playing in, and what really got me hyped on the unlocked zoom. A size 9 was a bit too snug in the toes for me, doable, but the material just felt like it wouldn't break in at all so I went up to the 9.5

Last edited:

Still hunting for a pair to wear for ball. Haven't had any luck at outlets for size 9 or 9.5. Should I be concerned about outlet pairs, considering they're B-Grades? Does that make them liable for the zoom bags to pop or anything? I'm assuming it's still covered by Nike nonetheless. 

Also, does anyone have any idea if these have a little more give in the toebox than the Super.Fly 2? That's what I've been playing in, and what really got me hyped on the unlocked zoom. A size 9 was a bit too snug in the toes for me, doable, but the material just felt like it wouldn't break in at all so I went up to the 9.5
I can't speak for the Super.Fly 2 since I haven't tried it on, but comparing the regular XX8 to the SE, there is a noticeable difference in terms of how soft the upper is with the regular XX8 -- IMO.  The toe box feels keeps you locked down, but is noticeably softer and more comfortable than other shoes I've worn -- and I went a half size down in these.

Always willing to help!!!! Did you get a pair?
I'm a 9-9.5, closest I found was a size 8.5, I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger or not 
eyes.gif

Nah. These fit snug

Snug for me too. Perfect fit with my true 12.5. Had to go up on a few releases where I couldn't find my size which isn't as great as tts but still ok. I can barely get the zipper up on tts so no way I could sz down

I'm looking to paint/marker my oak hills shroud all black. Anyone have any experience or suggestions on what product I should try using? Thanks

I'm looking to paint/marker my oak hills shroud all black. Anyone have any experience or suggestions on what product I should try using? Thanks
CRAZY avatar photo....

Probably pushed me over the edge to grab the "WHY NOT?" on ebay.

lol had to jason markk my xx8 bamboo after 1 session.  normally i dont really clean my shoes unless i could c it and if it was pissin me off lol

i dont wear mine zipped all the way up and do the 1/2-3/4 fold, from a 2 hours shootin session, there were quite a few marks here and there.  these would get destroyed used on the hardwood wit another 9 guys lol 

cos the shoes r so white, any dirt or marks just pops.  just abit of maintenance after use and shes all beautiful again lol

still my fav xx8 to date, i dont have the black/electric green but would love to get a pair ....................

Back
Top Bottom