Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

for those that have this shoe, i remember reading about it intergrating with the internet, anybody have any info on this? have thumbed through this thread and do not remember any talking about it. i was thinking it is like a nike basketball + type of thing but if anyone has any info please share.

for those that have this shoe, i remember reading about it intergrating with the internet, anybody have any info on this? have thumbed through this thread and do not remember any talking about it. i was thinking it is like a nike basketball + type of thing but if anyone has any info please share.

It's not + anything.

Thanks, I was wondering what the deal with that was. It says on the pictures on the 1st page, 1st post, that it integrates with the internet. Was just interested in what that might be about.

I tried these on yesterday and they are comfortable (the zoom in the forefoot does give you a "spring" effect) but the material on the upper doesn't seem durable to me.

Last edited:
Tried them on myself and they felt tight on my forefoot like they run narrow. Anyone else experience this?

I tried these on yesterday and they are comfortable (the zoom in the forefoot does give you a "spring" effect) but the material on the upper doesn't seem durable to me.

It doesn't seem like it, but the material is great and doesn't lose it's shape.

Tried them on myself and they felt tight on my forefoot like they run narrow. Anyone else experience this?

They're slightly narrow but I didn't have any issues with it. It's not as bad as the 2010 was in the toebox. I hated how it was wide and narrowed down so much. Not to mention that material inside gave a lot of slippage for me.

so any one filthy rich enough to cut the XX8's shroud off yet i.e. XVIIIs, VC 1s? :lol:

Last edited:
Lmao a season tho?? I played college ball. I don't think you realize how many hours can be clocked in on one shoe by being forced to practice for hours for 6 days out the week + games. Example, you start practice in August so by December you're on AT LEAST your second pair son. NO SHOE is lasting a whole season even on a middle school or high school level dude lmao

This.
Basketball shoes only last long if u play just for fun and not often.
I usually only play once a week for 90 mins. So my kicks are lasting very long and i also make rotation.
Some are not wearable for balling anymore after 10 years because the outsole lost most of the grip, cushioning and upper materials stretched.
A real pro changes his kicks much earlier.
I remember that MJ stated he changes his kicks after every game because he burns the outsoles like racing cars their tires.

MJ is getting shoes for free so pointless to bring up. I'm rotating 2-3 pairs and still wearing through them quick. Maybe number of wears would be a better estimate for shoes than months. At 4 times a week 2 months is only 32 wears which seems extremely weak for durability.

MJ is getting shoes for free so pointless to bring up. I'm rotating 2-3 pairs and still wearing through them quick. Maybe number of wears would be a better estimate for shoes than months. At 4 times a week 2 months is only 32 wears which seems extremely weak for durability.

No it doesn't. Not when you factor in the hours of that session and the stress you put on the entire shoe. Cushioning will begin to feel dead if for those 32 times you play for more than 2 hours each time.

The only way it wouldn't is if you're just some dude who runs down court in the pickup games and stands on the wing. If hire active down court and in the paint then you'll definitely lose that.

They're slightly narrow but I didn't have any issues with it. It's not as bad as the 2010 was in the toebox. I hated how it was wide and narrowed down so much. Not to mention that material inside gave a lot of slippage for me.
I felt they aren't too narrow. They are very snug and do break in though. You're right about the 2010. I have a few pairs TTS that KILL my left foot. No other Jordan has ever felt that tight. The 2010 is extremely comfortable, but I did have to go a half size up.

Lucky to get a pair last week

Last edited:
This.
Basketball shoes only last long if u play just for fun and not often.
I usually only play once a week for 90 mins. So my kicks are lasting very long and i also make rotation.
Some are not wearable for balling anymore after 10 years because the outsole lost most of the grip, cushioning and upper materials stretched.
A real pro changes his kicks much earlier.
I remember that MJ stated he changes his kicks after every game because he burns the outsoles like racing cars their tires.

That's a lie.

The outsole doesn't get eat up on an inside indoor court chief. Wood doesn't burn rubber like outdoor asphault court would.

You clearly made that up.

MJ changed shoes every game because that just his style and he get shoes free unlimited from JB.

That's a lie.

The outsole doesn't get eat up on an inside indoor court chief. Wood doesn't burn rubber like outdoor asphault court would.

MJ changed shoes every game because that just his style and he get shoes free unlimited from JB.
+1 Jordan did it just to do it. That man could afford anything

Yeah, Jordan had no reason NOT to wear a new pair every game. I'm sure more people do that than we think too.

That's a lie.

I know that rubber dont burn that fast than on asphalt. Yet when u do so many fast cuts like mj the profile of some models still wear out faster than some others. For instance: the outsole of the aj13 or air zoom flight 96 wear out faster than the aj1, aj12 because the rubber sole is much softer
Mj also got new pairs because nike wants his kicks
To be looking fresh without any scars etc.

I'm ready for new colorways. Preferably white. How long after the last two models dropped did they hit Nike ID?

Back
Top Bottom