Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

love them !

got the black/volts and went back for green camo

keep them coming !!  

(BUT....didn't like seeing g'town wearing them as they beat my Orange today)

Last edited:
debating wether or not to pick up UNC PE's through a connection ...

hmmmmmmm .. the sole seperation crap is killing me ... its not like i could return em to nike and i wanna WEAR them (casually only)

to the dude that pm'd me....my account is new so i cant message you back but i called to my local spot today and they have 1 size 8 left in the stealth and almost every size available for the green camos.

hey guys hows it going ?  i have a few questions regarding the fit of the xx8.  I wear US10 in most JB retros ( causal streetwear ), US10.5 in recent new tech shoes - jordan deluxe 2012, kb system 8 and kd v ( these i play in )  how does it fit compared to them, reason i ask is cos they didnt bring in any at all where i live and i cant try them out but im keen on getting a pair.  the xx8 are already expensive and i dont wanna pay extra by getting the wrong size and having to ship it back = extra cost.  comments/feedback from US10 - 10.5 owners would be muchly appreciated.

thanks heaps guys

I'm starting to like the inner neon green on my black stealths. The shroud and feel I like a lot, I'm just on the fence with regards to the green. I'm leaning towards keeping them.

Last edited:
hey guys hows it going ?  i have a few questions regarding the fit of the xx8.  I wear US10 in most JB retros ( causal streetwear ), US10.5 in recent new tech shoes - jordan deluxe 2012, kb system 8 and kd v ( these i play in )  how does it fit compared to them, reason i ask is cos they didnt bring in any at all where i live and i cant try them out but im keen on getting a pair.  the xx8 are already expensive and i dont wanna pay extra by getting the wrong size and having to ship it back = extra cost.  comments/feedback from US10 - 10.5 owners would be muchly appreciated.

thanks heaps guys

If you plan on playing in these go for the 10. I wear 12.5 in most nikes. Wasn't sure if I should get xx8s in12.5 or gamble on 13 in case they were too tight. Went for the 12.5 in these. When they came in they looked so narrow I was worried. But the fit is perfect

Picked these up today, my only pickup from all the 2013 ASG releases. Went with my true size and they fit perfect. The cushioning is certainly a high point, the zoom is much more "springiner" than your typical zoom setup. I am worried about the durability of these, especially hearing that our country got only 30 pairs in, there aren't too many to replace. Overall I really like these and have really warmed up to this model!

250 for a shoe JORDAN never touched ?? Come on Nike wants to keep the brand going strong when MJ has been retired and is a true goat but **** talk about HYPE SPREADING !! Worse then the actually 160 low quality retros Jordan actually wore , this shoe looks very feminite to me no style no real creativity to the shoe at all just a HUGE SOCK WITH A SOLE FOR 250 SUCK ME SLOW NIKE!!!

Last edited:
If you plan on playing in these go for the 10. I wear 12.5 in most nikes. Wasn't sure if I should get xx8s in12.5 or gamble on 13 in case they were too tight. Went for the 12.5 in these. When they came in they looked so narrow I was worried. But the fit is perfect

Yea that would be my question as well. They look type narrow do they have alot of give on the side for those with wide feet? I wear a 11.5 in most Jordans and 12 in all other Nikes

250 for a shoe JORDAN never touched ?? Come on Nike wants to keep the brand going strong when MJ has been retired and is a true goat but **** talk about HYPE SPREADING !! Worse then the actually 160 low quality retros Jordan actually wore , this shoe looks very feminite to me no style no real creativity to the shoe at all just a HUGE SOCK WITH A SOLE FOR 250 SUCK ME SLOW NIKE!!!

It would seem the only one falling for hype here is you. You'd rather wear a low quality technologically inferior sneaker simply because it's an imitation of a shoe someone famous used to wear. Some of us are athletes and would prefer the highest quality athletic equipment available.

If your footwear decisions are predicated on some crush you have on another man, so be it.

It would seem the only one falling for hype here is you. You'd rather wear a low quality technologically inferior sneaker simply because it's an imitation of a shoe someone famous used to wear. Some of us are athletes and would prefer the highest quality athletic equipment available.

If your footwear decisions are predicated on some crush you have on another man, so be it.
hahahaha this is a stupid statement. athletes should be able to play in anything. jordan played in 1s some of his best games.. it's all about what you like. personally i love playing in retros. it's just something about them that pushes me a little bit more and gives me that confidence/attitude you need when playing at a high level. ill take the confidence i feel when hooping in some 12s or 14s over gimmicky tech of today but you can keep thinking the gimmick is gonna elevate your game. your the one falling for hype believing that if you pay 250 for a shoe its gonna make you any better or not hold ur game back as much as an older shoe? then why do nba players wear retros? your the one falling for an overpriced "performance monster".... if you really are good you wouldnt need that. all you really need is a shoe with enough cushioning so it's not terribly uncomfortable, good traction which herringbone, etc gives, and support so you dont break ur ankles. but you are paying what almost 100 dollars more for a story nike wants you to believe you need in ur kicks. if you were a man you wouldnt have to baby ur feet with a bunch of ********   

Last edited:

I second that, Air Jordan model line is suppose to represent the best basketball shoe on the market. That's what these do, retros are basically a replica of that model, but with out the durability of the original that made it a classic.

Yea that would be my question as well. They look type narrow do they have alot of give on the side for those with wide feet? I wear a 11.5 in most Jordans and 12 in all other Nikes
I have wide feet and they are bit tight on the outside. 

I took them out for a mini test today- jumping a lot and lateral movements. The jumping gave me lower back pain. Not sure if it's me getting old or the shoes. Will try the same later with a different shoe if  I don't get back pain with them I might return the xx8s. Don't really want to though, they look awesome.

Last edited:

Yea thts why u bought a 250 SOCK JORDAN HAS NO HISTORY IN AT ALL
verse the retros where they have a line in sneaker history , retros symbolize Jordan's accomplishments as they where designed for the best Player , where these Jordan has never even worn on the court , I wear retros yea I don't ball if I did I wouldn't wear a goofy looking sock tht touches my knees wtf it's ugly with no creativity in it at all

Back
Top Bottom