Air Jordan XX3/XXIII model had virtually eliminated the Jumpman logo? why?

Originally Posted by haam sap lao

Just curious, but why did you use invisible text?
roll.gif

This was still the most classy J of them all.  The one on the tongue was enough for this shoe.

Originally Posted by haam sap lao

Just curious, but why did you use invisible text?
roll.gif

This was still the most classy J of them all.  The one on the tongue was enough for this shoe.

Originally Posted by bundy9

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

IIRC, for this model, they wanted the shoe to stand alone, virtually by itself without having the Jumpman logo sell the shoe. Something like that.

An absolutely beautiful shoe too.
This

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

The jumpman on the tongue wasn't enough?

The 23 (XXIII), like Super Producer said, was designed as something that needs no introduction, that would hold it's own without any major branding.

The craftsmanship on this shoe was also a sight to see.

and this.

Just want to prove the strength of the brand by showing that the Jumpman alone doesn't need to sell the signature series. That someone will notice and think, "that's gotta be J's" without all the adornment of the logo and really just focus on the design...Kinda arrogant actually, coming to think about it...but it's the truth and has generally been proven as true...

Love my 23s
pimp.gif

Exactly. Coming from a designers perspective.. when working on a signature product, you would like to be able to strip the shoe of any logos or branding and have people be able to spot it and say "This has got to be Kobe's next shoe.." or "This has got to be the next flagship Jordan game shoe.."

Originally Posted by bundy9

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

IIRC, for this model, they wanted the shoe to stand alone, virtually by itself without having the Jumpman logo sell the shoe. Something like that.

An absolutely beautiful shoe too.
This

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

The jumpman on the tongue wasn't enough?

The 23 (XXIII), like Super Producer said, was designed as something that needs no introduction, that would hold it's own without any major branding.

The craftsmanship on this shoe was also a sight to see.

and this.

Just want to prove the strength of the brand by showing that the Jumpman alone doesn't need to sell the signature series. That someone will notice and think, "that's gotta be J's" without all the adornment of the logo and really just focus on the design...Kinda arrogant actually, coming to think about it...but it's the truth and has generally been proven as true...

Love my 23s
pimp.gif

Exactly. Coming from a designers perspective.. when working on a signature product, you would like to be able to strip the shoe of any logos or branding and have people be able to spot it and say "This has got to be Kobe's next shoe.." or "This has got to be the next flagship Jordan game shoe.."

I really love these, even though I don't own a pair. My son had some, and was upset he outgrew them. Now I gotta hunt for 2 pairs. Really dig the design and the 1 jumpman logo

I really love these, even though I don't own a pair. My son had some, and was upset he outgrew them. Now I gotta hunt for 2 pairs. Really dig the design and the 1 jumpman logo

Back
Top Bottom