Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

Originally Posted by dhtowng

I'm sitting here lookin at the sj pics and reading the comments and really at a loss of words. First of all I own 09 SJs. Not da but worn about 3 times. Thoroughly cleaned after each wear. Like everyone else I have slight yellowing around the pods with the rest of the shoe (side) still Icey. Everybody I know with 09 jams has the same yellowing dead stock or not. How in the hell do these guys manage to get Icey sj restocks with NO yellowing whatsoever? Smeling like strong glue? After two years? Not tryin to hate on those who copped but if this isn't a red flag, I don't know what is! Seems ar and jay are MAKING these shoes as they go. and it's wrong. I hate to see my fellow NTs ordering replicas and accepting it. Can't believe it! I'm the last to call fake in most cases, but this is just absurd...

I said the same thing some pages back. I've just never seen a restock after two years in all my years of wearing Jordans. Some people said "left over pairs", but these sites are having FSR. Not scattered, left over sizes ranging from big to small, their selling FSR. All overseas and all at the same time....

I'm sitting here lookin at the sj pics and reading the comments and really at a loss of words. First of all I own 09 SJs. Not da but worn about 3 times. Thoroughly cleaned after each wear. Like everyone else I have slight yellowing around the pods with the rest of the shoe (side) still Icey. Everybody I know with 09 jams has the same yellowing dead stock or not. How in the hell do these guys manage to get Icey sj restocks with NO yellowing whatsoever? Smeling like strong glue? After two years? Not tryin to hate on those who copped but if this isn't a red flag, I don't know what is! Seems ar and jay are MAKING these shoes as they go. and it's wrong. I hate to see my fellow NTs ordering replicas and accepting it. Can't believe it! I'm the last to call fake in most cases, but this is just absurd...

STOLE THE WORDS OUT MY MOUTH....

Damn. Kind of disheartening that Marqueesole is selling and shipping w/o the extra's. Makes me nervous that there will be a further delay in getting the packaging. At least the weekend is approaching and this will all be put to rest soon. When I ordered from SDS, I was like "$#%*, I'm just gonna order, chill and watch the forum." However, there's been so much activity (i.e. half truths and lying) that I've gotten caught up in the race to get the finished product. At the end of the day, even if I ended up getting these 3 months early, It's still a pretty good jump on the general public. Back to waiting.

23jn6mu.jpg
again....

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Damn. Kind of disheartening that Marqueesole is selling and shipping w/o the extra's. Makes me nervous that there will be a further delay in getting the packaging. At least the weekend is approaching and this will all be put to rest soon. When I ordered from SDS, I was like "$#%*, I'm just gonna order, chill and watch the forum." However, there's been so much activity (i.e. half truths and lying) that I've gotten caught up in the race to get the finished product. At the end of the day, even if I ended up getting these 3 months early, It's still a pretty good jump on the general public. Back to waiting.

In all honesty i don't think anything will get shipped this weekend. This is just me guessing but i think we will start seeing shipping at the end of next week early week of the 22nd.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I highly doubt they're fake.  My hypothesis is these people are producing the shoes with leftover materials.  I believe the reason we get the shoes so early is because someone in the factories (most likely one of the people running the place) is making some extra money on the side selling the kicks as they come off the production line.  Think about it like this, all of the sites that are selling early are based overseas.  If I approach them with "I'll give you $XX for each pair of _______ you get me.", why would they turn that down? They're prolly making a weeks salary off of selling one or two pairs of kicks on the side.  It's perfect because they're using JB money and resources to make the kicks anyway, 100% profit.  Just imagine how much dudes like Air-Randy, Jay, and Marquee make off each pair.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I highly doubt they're fake.  My hypothesis is these people are producing the shoes with leftover materials.  I believe the reason we get the shoes so early is because someone in the factories (most likely one of the people running the place) is making some extra money on the side selling the kicks as they come off the production line.  Think about it like this, all of the sites that are selling early are based overseas.  If I approach them with "I'll give you $XX for each pair of _______ you get me.", why would they turn that down? They're prolly making a weeks salary off of selling one or two pairs of kicks on the side.  It's perfect because they're using JB money and resources to make the kicks anyway, 100% profit.  Just imagine how much dudes like Air-Randy, Jay, and Marquee make off each pair.
sick.gif

Now Im not defending anybody, but if they were just made (which I doubt) wouldnt the shape and patent leather cut be closer to the CG's and Concords, instead of looking exactly like everybodys pairs they got back in 09. That  was just my observation.

I haven't been following everything but from what I have seen, Jay and AR better step their game up...I don't care about the customer service (different cultures could be an issue...we Americans do feel entitled) but this whole making up excuses and not shipping won't fly...

if everyone just filed a paypal claim then AR would scramble...

I already emailed Jay and let him know should no tracking number arrive by Tuesday a claim will be filed, paypal will ask for a tracking number or a refund...

if AR and SDS are able to each push hundreds of pairs out 4 months early then I am sure I will get them elsewhere....

I am so glad I am done with the game after this release...

Originally Posted by Litflynt

I haven't been following everything but from what I have seen, Jay and AR better step their game up...I don't care about the customer service (different cultures could be an issue...we Americans do feel entitled) but this whole making up excuses and not shipping won't fly...

I already emailed Jay and let him know should no tracking number arrive by Tuesday a claim will be filed, paypal will ask for a tracking number or a refund...

if AR and SDS are able to each push hundreds of pairs out 4 months early then I am sure I will get them elsewhere....

1277271709124.jpg

does anybody remember which thread is that where it has lots of pics of mj wearing concord xi on bulls home, road and alternate jerseys? i've been looking for it.

Originally Posted by eddo1005

1277271709124.jpg

lmao...I lost it....you got me...but yea dude...I'm 28, been doing this since I was 13 and frankly, I am not going to compete with this young hypebeast...
my first pair were the concord XI in 95 and I am going out on a high note....when I was a kid, it was about working and saving money to get the pairs, now that I am an adult and have zero problem paying whatever cost I want (remembering "worth" is only the value someone is willing to pay for something) I have to deal with this nonsense with overseas shippers....and if not them, then midnight releases watching a T5 cable line come to a crawl because 300,000 people are hitting a website and the Footlocker corporation doesn't thinking investing in their web infrastructure is something of importance...

but thanks for the .gif it gave me a good laugh
roll.gif

lmao...I lost it....you got me...but yea dude...I'm 28, been doing this since I was 13 and frankly, I am not going to compete with this young hypebeast...
my first pair were the concord XI in 95 and I am going out on a high note....when I was a kid, it was about working and saving money to get the pairs, now that I am an adult and have zero problem paying whatever cost I want (remembering "worth" is only the value someone is willing to pay for something) I have to deal with this nonsense with overseas shippers....and if not them, then midnight releases watching a T5 cable line come to a crawl because 300,000 people are hitting a website and the Footlocker corporation doesn't thinking investing in their web infrastructure is something of importance...

roll.gif

haha, we're the same age man, get what you're saying completely.  I was just trying to be funny, looked like it got a laugh out of ya.  Mission accompolished.
glasses.gif

Here is my explanation of the restocks.

The whole world is doing bad. Stuff aint selling. I think companies are just selling off there unmovable/ slow moving stock. I have noticed this across the board. For instance I was looking for a pair of Balencigas and everwhere i went they were sold out and never to restock. All of a sudden barneys had a full size run. Design houses rarely have the luxury to reproduce items that are out of production. Even regular nikes are seeing restocks. Companies are starting to move inventory to where there is demand. With our shacky economy companies are more willing to let go inventory.

roll.gif

haha, we're the same age man, get what you're saying completely.  I was just trying to be funny, looked like it got a laugh out of ya.  Mission accompolished.
glasses.gif

When I saw your gif, I know that you was not being funny. I was also on the same boat for the last three years. For the last few years, I planned on retiring from buying sneakers, but I'm still going (but slowed down since the second half of last year). I'll most likely be even more selective next year and then likely be completely done.

Originally Posted by scoop99

roll.gif

glasses.gif

When I saw your gif, I know that you was not being funny. I was also on the same boat for the last three years. For the last few years, I planned on retiring from buying sneakers, but I'm still going (but slowed down since the second half of last year). I'll most likely be even more selective next year and then likely be completely done.

dang.  I would try to convince you that i was being funny but i know...... it would be

1277271709124.jpg

roll.gif

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

The whole world is doing bad. Stuff aint selling. I think companies are just selling off there unmovable/ slow moving stock. I have noticed this across the board. For instance I was looking for a pair of Balencigas and everwhere i went they were sold out and never to restock. All of a sudden barneys had a full size run. Design houses rarely have the luxury to reproduce items that are out of production. Even regular nikes are seeing restocks. Companies are starting to move inventory to where there is demand. With our shacky economy companies are more willing to let go inventory.
okay but how do you explain the ICY soles and strong glue smell on these re-stock pairs? If these shoes have been sitting for a while due to slow economy shouldn't the soles be yellowing as well like all the other  DS jams that came out in 09? BTW...hard economy or not...these are SpaceJams we're talking about...not some kind of team Jordan shoe so if you cant move SpaceJams as a business then you in the wrong business.

Im thinking these shoes were made this year by using the same materials/workers/shop etc....to make them look like the 09s. So my question is NT....if ( i said IF and not saying that my statement is true ) IF this was the case would these re-stock shoes be considered a fake/BGrade/knockoffs/counterfiet in any ways?

Originally Posted by topnotchflip

okay but how do you explain the ICY soles and strong glue smell on these re-stock pairs? If these shoes have been sitting for a while due to slow economy shouldn't the soles be yellowing as well like all the other  DS jams that came out in 09? BTW...hard economy or not...these are SpaceJams we're talking about...not some kind of team Jordan shoe so if you cant move SpaceJams as a business then you in the wrong business.

Im thinking these shoes were made this year by using the same materials/workers/shop etc....to make them look like the 09s. So my question is NT....if ( i said IF and not saying that my statement is true ) IF this was the case would these re-stock shoes be considered a fake/BGrade/knockoffs/counterfiet in any ways?
Topnotch you are on the right track.......

glasses.gif

dang.  I would try to convince you that i was being funny but i know...... it would be

1277271709124.jpg

roll.gif

Oops... I meant funny. Your gif was actually funny because it is so true. LOL!!!

This is actually where you are wrong.  From my understanding, the XI only sells out on the first day in the US.  In Europe, they actually sit for a while in most cases.  A lot of the Euro stock actually gets eaten up by the US.  Last year the CG released on like 3~4 euro sites, and I just remember seeing a good 50 pages in the CG XI thread about which euro site everyone copped their CG from.   In Asia, they sell really well too, but its not all that hard to find a pair past release dates.  There are some collectors here in Asia, but not nearly as many as the US.  

roll.gif

Oops... I meant funny. Your gif was actually funny because it is so true. LOL!!!
This gif kills me every time i see it.  Glad yall liked it.
laugh.gif

This is actually where you are wrong.  From my understanding, the XI only sells out on the first day in the US.  In Europe, they actually sit for a while in most cases.  A lot of the Euro stock actually gets eaten up by the US.  Last year the CG released on like 3~4 euro sites, and I just remember seeing a good 50 pages in the CG XI thread about which euro site everyone copped their CG from.   In Asia, they sell really well too, but its not all that hard to find a pair past release dates.  There are some collectors here in Asia, but not nearly as many as the US.  

Hope your right

Originally Posted by teamfreshh

Hope your right

Just think about it for a second.  If the XI sells equally fast in Asia as they do in the US, then why would all these sites target US buyers?  Wouldnt it just be easier to sell them locally, and not have to deal with the shipping?  Fact of the matter is, while China stands today as the second largest economy on earth, their buying power is still not up to the US level.  

Just to give a recent example, the wolf grey sold out on eastbay and ndc(i think) the 1st day, but they are sitting here in Taiwan ........while being discounted........not trying to compare the V to the XI, but just pointing out that the US has a much broader interest in sneaker than the rest of the world, and a lot of that has to do with their purchasing power......even in a recession.

Back
Top Bottom