Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

How could you not know about Air Jordans if you were watching the games?  The commercials for them aired every break almost lol.

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by Josh311

If only half of you could have been around for the original release in 1995!

9th grade

Same here...9th grade. I remember convincing my cousins to walk w/ me to the mall...in the snow (lived in Sandusky, OH at the time) to grab a pair that I begged the manager at FinishLine to hold for me. Probably a good 3 mile walk..which isn't too bad, but multiplied when done in the cold and in deep snow!

I was also in the 9th grade and there was no way my parents were gonna cop me $200 pair of shoes (yes they were about $200 even then here in Canada......thats when our dollar was worth $0.68 USD)

I got the Pippen Air Max Uptempo's off the clearance rack instead
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  also a great shoe tho

I was 11, my mom copped me the Breds (she was living in the US). I was living in the Caribbean at the time so Jordans did come out until like 6 months later and would cost like $600. I was breaking necks were ever I went
pimp.gif
. The island could barely contain my swag
laugh.gif

Got some Columbias in 2000, didn't like them, ended up as gyms shoes. Then traded them for $30 Ihop gift card couples years later
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

9th grade

Same here...9th grade. I remember convincing my cousins to walk w/ me to the mall...in the snow (lived in Sandusky, OH at the time) to grab a pair that I begged the manager at FinishLine to hold for me. Probably a good 3 mile walk..which isn't too bad, but multiplied when done in the cold and in deep snow!

I was also in the 9th grade and there was no way my parents were gonna cop me $200 pair of shoes (yes they were about $200 even then here in Canada......thats when our dollar was worth $0.68 USD)

I got the Pippen Air Max Uptempo's off the clearance rack instead
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  also a great shoe tho

Yeah, 9th grade for me too.  I wanted them for Christmas real bad, but the parents werent having it.  They Bought me the Black/Blue Air Max2 Webbers for the start of School, and the Air Max Strong when BBall season rolled around.  So Christmas time came, and Santa didnt bring me the Concords. 
eyes.gif

In 2000/2001  I didnt have the funds for the Space Jams or Concords.

Will I go 0 for 3.  I have to see them in person. 
grin.gif

@Spiderman2315 Not that I don't like them just that they are my least favorite 11s. Wanted the Spacejams that year but my mom couldn't let work to get them for me. Settled for the Columbia's, then regretted it after the Black 16s dropped.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

@Spiderman2315 Not that I don't like them just that they are my least favorite 11s. Wanted the Spacejams that year but my mom couldn't let work to get them for me. Settled for the Columbia's, then regretted it after the Black 16s dropped.

Columbias are my favorite pair, but damn, when every part of the shoe has the potential to yellow, its makes you think twice about owning. So I understand why some people just choose not to own them. 

I had all the colors of the XI back in 95-96, I was in 10th grade working in a local mom and pop store in NYC, and in NYC the XI colorways would sell out in a few days at the big stores....Its not like now where people knew the release dates and would line up, but I remember people knew the Blk Red XI release date and those were gone real fast in NY.....

The original release date of the concords was Nov 26 95.... I believe the Columbias came out in Jan 96 and the Blk Red in March, Blk IE low in May while the Bulls were in the playoffs (MJ debuted them against the Knicks) and the Wht Grey Cobalt IE low in July 96.....

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

I had all the colors of the XI back in 95-96, I was in 10th grade working in a local mom and pop store in NYC, and in NYC the XI colorways would sell out in a few days at the big stores....Its not like now where people knew the release dates and would line up, but I remember people knew the Blk Red XI release date and those were gone real fast in NY.....

The original release date of the concords was Nov 26 95.... I believe the Columbias came out in Jan 96 and the Blk Red in March, Blk IE low in May while the Bulls were in the playoffs (MJ debuted them against the Knicks) and the Wht Grey Cobalt IE low in July 96.....

Nice info dude. I remember that in germany, the columbias Did not release and the black/reds were veryLimited. While the lows i.e. in black/redCame out much later, the cobalts did notRelease at all.

'95 I was in middle school. I remember the XI release because my older cousin had gotten them. I remember I wanted em real bad and begged my moms to get em for me but she hated them, she called em astronaut boots. But eventually she gave in and we went to pick up a pair but they had already sold. So I ended up getting the black/red few months later.

Originally Posted by Vuey

Originally Posted by cubanref

Dang missed out on both air-randy and SDS early release/ whatever you want to call it....will any of these guys have a re-stock soon? I won't be in the country during the release date so I want to get a pair early, but I'm not paying what the other sites are charging
30t6p3b.gif

What country you going to be in on Dec 23rd ?As it might be an easier pick up
wink.gif

I'll probably be in Caribbean visiting some family so there won't be any spots there lol. Oh well hopefully air-randy and SDS put more up soon

I'll probably be in Caribbean visiting some family so there won't be any spots there lol. Oh well hopefully air-randy and SDS put more up soon

SDS has more up right now.

Originally Posted by Vuey

Dang missed out on both air-randy and SDS early release/ whatever you want to call it....will any of these guys have a re-stock soon? I won't be in the country during the release date so I want to get a pair early, but I'm not paying what the other sites are charging
30t6p3b.gif

What country you going to be in on Dec 23rd ?As it might be an easier pick up
wink.gif

SDS put up 100 more pairs already bro

I was only 8 at the time, and I was enjoying the Rockets winning back to back titles...great times in "Clutch City" Houston 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
frown.gif

My first pair of Jordans came a year later, when my dad bought the Taxi XIIs. 

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

'95 I was in middle school. I remember the XI release because my older cousin had gotten them. I remember I wanted em real bad and begged my moms to get em for me but she hated them, she called em astronaut boots. But eventually she gave in and we went to pick up a pair but they had already sold. So I ended up getting the black/red few months later.

lol, similar case here. My parents said they looked horrible and refusef to buy them.when i got to the states i wanted to get the black/redsBut i did not know in the past that allShoes are usually produced at a limited quantitity and most models dont add production.

Man, all these stories about the OG release is taking me back!! I'll never forget these because these were the first pair of Jordans I ever owned. I was in 10th grade and if anyone else remembers, the Fila Grant Hill 2 came out around the same time. We didnt kn ow release dates back then so i used the $$ i had saved to buy the Grant Hills (side note, those are my second favorite pair of kicks that had patent leather on em. Just the circle around the side... sick) Anyway, walked thru the mall and saw the Jordans and my heart stopped. I begged and finally my mom gave in. They didnt have my size so i rocked them a half size too small. Didnt care though because i shut the school down with those. I think only 2 other people had em in my school...

I don't care about the blue sole, the materials used, the cut, etc of these new ones... they still will be copped. The Concords are a legend and if you didnt experience that era first hand, you cannot appreciate the impact they had on the game. They were one of the first shoes that made non-sneakerheads take notice. I mean EVERYWHERE!

I didnt really get into jordans until the following year, 96. got the white/red xii's. my dad took me to the mall, nordstrom, we were supposed to get dress shoes hahaha. love the old guy. my first pair of jays. got to school, broke necks. i just thought they were dope, didnt even really know what i had until my friends told me. everybody was on my jock...until the next saturday..when the black/red xii's dropped. a part of me died that day lmao.

Originally Posted by spiderman2315

How could you not know about Air Jordans if you were watching the games?  The commercials for them aired every break almost lol.

Just wasnt into kicks back then and didnt care till i started high school. I was oblivious to Air Jordans back then lol. Plus had no money/no job (5th grader). Fortunately that has changed now.

First pair of jordans in 1999, the Black/Indiglo XIVs, really hope they are are on the agenda
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

on air randy's facebook:

[h6]
AIR-RANDY.COM
wow !!! 5000 fans here !!! thank you for all the support !! @@

Erwin John Ancheta ... you are my 5000th fans here !!~ msg me as you can pick up a free pair of the jordan xi concord in your size !!![/h6]6 hours ago · Like ·

that lucky !@#$%^&*!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
of randy to do that though

SO why does SDS have so many pairs of these shoes?I'm willing to bet that the majority of the people that pre order from them wont be satisfied with their shoes and end up complaining about the quality just like they did with the cool greys. I would rather wait and try to get them on release date and if not then just pay the cost to get a pair but with this being a GR it wont be much more than retail. Post pictures of the already yellowing mesh when you guys get them LoL!!!

Originally Posted by TheKing23

SO why does SDS have so many pairs of these shoes?I'm willing to bet that the majority of the people that pre order from them wont be satisfied with their shoes and end up complaining about the quality just like they did with the cool greys. I would rather wait and try to get them on release date and if not then just pay the cost to get a pair but with this being a GR it wont be much more than retail. Post pictures of the already yellowing mesh when you guys get them LoL!!!

why does he have so many? hes a business he bought them to sell...

i'm not hating but..................

im starting to believe zyzz must work for SDS or somethin

every post mentioning SDS zyzz comes to it's rescue

AGAIN, not hatin

Back
Top Bottom