Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

^ Nice collections of 11's, I used to have all the color ways, got bored with them I guess and sold them also, but they still look amazing.

Sup Everyone,
Here is my follow-up post about the aftermath in Beijing.  My original post was deleted because I accidentally broke a rule 
embarassed.gif
, so for that I apologize!

So let me first give you the background on what happened:

On the December 19th, me and two of my Beijing buddies were on our way to line-up at Nike Beijing (Like a NikeTown) when I got a call from one of them telling me to forget it and stay home.  When I asked why, he said there are already over 80 people in line and the store only has 150 pairs.  I was bummed.  Neither of us expected it to be this crazy.  I met these guys waiting in line back in 2009, for the Space Jams, and we've been lining up together ever since.  Although we lined up early for the Space Jams and Cool Greys, it never sold out: you would've been able to cop as many pairs as you want even if you went to the store when they opened.  I'm from San Francisco, so I thought, wow, copping shoes in Beijing is like being in heaven!  It wasn't just the XI's; you name it, I copped it without any problems.  Well, all of that changed with the release of the Concords!

Only one of my friends got to cop a few pairs for himself, they were stunned by the strategy and tactic used -- I decided not to go so I didn't get a pair on release day.  So what happened?  What surprised my friends were, these fools lining up were NOT sneakerheads!  They didn't even know what they were lining up for or knew who Michael Jordan was!  These were poor/out of job people hired by someone to stand in line!  Yea, you heard about the cheap labor in China, well, don't be too surprised there's cheap labor for copping shoes too!

One of my friends said he copped his Ray Allen 13's the same way, but using friends instead (he copped like 15 pairs).

Anyway, all wasn't lost!  My friend's connection at Nike Beijing said there was going to be a re-stock on January 5th and told us wait.  So we waited and planned...

My friends were a little crazier than I was about these, so they went 3 days before and got a hotel room directly in front of the store with a perfect view of the front entrance (I joined on the last day due to work):

IMAG0461.jpg

To the RIGHT of Zara is Nike Being.  This was the view from our room.  That store is 3 stories high.

Not to be outdone by the same people, they decided to adopt the same tactic:  They hired 40 people to wait in line for the next 3 days.  I'm not even going tell you how much they paid the people to lineup, but lets just say it added up to a lot.  It got a little cheaper by the 3rd day because the store handed out numbers (sort of like the wristbands we got from Niketown but it's numbered).  They felt sorry for the people waiting outside in the cold (-10 degrees celcius) so they handed out the numbers the night before.  After we got the numbers, the people didn't have to wait outside -- they just had to be there in-line to purchase.

Here's the thing:  Even if you paid people to wait in line, it wouldn't necessarily work.  There were 3-4 competing "groups" and in the end, the groups with the right connections got the numbers first because they knew exactly when and where the numbers were going to be handed out.  That's China, it's all about connections, not money.  And another thing: China stores DO NOT follow U.S. release dates (that's why you see so many early pictures of retail shoes -- no, I'm not talking about the EARLY stock from summer, everyone here knows those are B-grades from factories).  Sure, they get their instructions from Nike, but I've seen so many stores in Beijing either break or delay the street date.  Again, it's all about connections -- and I'm glad my buddies got em.

Long story short: On January 5, 2012, two groups copped all 100 pairs of re-stock Concords.  We weren't even the first group.  The group in front of us were...let's just call em "friends and family."

Here are the pics from the day before and cop day:

IMAG0462a.jpg

IMAG0462c.jpg

IMAG0462b.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

A Fight almost broke out here in this picture because some dude was mad he didn't get a number.

Even after they told him you need a number to buy, he still stood in line all mad and $%%@ and argued with everyone

In the end, no re-sellers wanted to give him a pair for being such an ***.

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

Whenever the floor got too filled up with bags, we brought em back to the hotel room.  This was the first batch we brought back.

They sold a lot of shoes on the spot to their friends and nice-friendly people who weren't able to get a number.

In the end, how many pairs did they end up with?  I'll just show you the pics.

All Size 10's from this store were sold to the first group and to employees.  10-11 is the most popular size in China.  He had to get those at another store

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6047.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6053.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6057.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

IMG_6063.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6065.JPG

IMG_6066.JPG

IMG_6067.JPG

IMG_6068.JPG

IMG_6069.JPG

On my advice and instructions, I told him to get a separate receipt for EACH PAIR
pimp.gif

This is just the pics from one of my two friends (wallenbreg).  My other friend copped a lot as well (but not as much as this guy)

He's new to NT.  I introduced him to NT and some of the sites we go on to get our news.  I'm just helping him post this while I show him the ropes.

Why did he go all out like this?  He wants to open a shop somewhere in BJ.

In the end, both of my friends didn't just cop at Nike Beijing, they also went to the malls in the area and stores with smaller stock were entirely copped out by them.

Oh, how many pairs did I get?  Just 2.  That's all I need.  I'm an old school 3-4-5 guy.  Why am I out here?  I travel back and forth between SF and Beijing for work. 
wink.gif

I'll follow-up this post with a thread on how to tell apart Official Nike retail-purchased shoes and the pre-release factory stuff (like the weak concord ones we saw this summer).

They are actually quite different with regards to box, stickers, and box inserts.
smile.gif

Peace! m

Still waiting on my CT orders. Ordered on release date, super saver shipping. From the Bay... anybody else out here get their CT orders?

Originally Posted by The7onius

Originally Posted by SniGGiH21

vmvinc.com has a full size run! Prices vary depending on size. starting at $299

VMVINC.com had alot of bad publicity with their sneakers, I doubt anyone would want to take a risk ordering from them.

$300 for fakes SMFH
sick.gif

@mesteno, that is some good stuff right there dude! That is how you have to do it sometimes and to think I thought I was doing it with 11 people in line for me LOL! Good stuff bro, good stuff!

Originally Posted by cnoriega

@mesteno, that is some good stuff right there dude! That is how you have to do it sometimes and to think I thought I was doing it with 11 people in line for me LOL! Good stuff bro, good stuff!

Hehe....you shoulda seen some of the dudes they hired in line... i'm sure you can tell from the pictures... when the employees look out... it's like: nuh uh, I know this guy ain't a sneakerhead from the way he looks or them kungfu shoes he's rockin. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BigPoint

Originally Posted by ballerchild

My pairs from sole heaven finally came in today. Quality was on point! Looked way better than the pairs I got from Finishline.

That's great too hear
pimp.gif
! Where do you live? Mine from SH left Memphis this afternoon, so I'm hoping tomorrow or Saturday I'll get them here in Cali! I wanna do a comparison to my Foot Locker pair aswell.

I live in Los Angeles. The FedEx tracking was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but it came in a day early. 

Originally Posted by aDDicTed2kIcKs718

To anyone that ordered from Snipes did either one of your Concords have a size sticker on the inner soles?

the concords from europe do not have a sz tag on the insoles, the left shoe will have sticker on the insole (not sz sticker) and the right shoe will have no stickers on the insole. all the nikes and jordans in europe come the same way. also there will be no msrp sticker on the box on the euro nikes and jordans.

anyone else find themselves cleaning the soles of their concords after each wear??? or am i seriously buggin out on having these kicks fresh

eek.gif

damn mesteno

thats it. concord show is over folks. asian restock is finished before they got posted up
laugh.gif

j/k

Originally Posted by BigPoint

My pairs from sole heaven finally came in today. Quality was on point! Looked way better than the pairs I got from Finishline.

That's great too hear
pimp.gif
! Where do you live? Mine from SH left Memphis this afternoon, so I'm hoping tomorrow or Saturday I'll get them here in Cali! I wanna do a comparison to my Foot Locker pair aswell.

I live in Los Angeles. The FedEx tracking was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but it came in a day early. 
Damn that's crazy cos I'm in LA too (Downey) My tracking said Monday 1/16 but I just checked it and it arrived at LAX @5:30 pm today, so should get em tomorrow! Pretty stoked that they are arriving earlier than it says. Good stuff!

Originally Posted by yungone350

anyone else find themselves cleaning the soles of their concords after each wear??? or am i seriously buggin out on having these kicks fresh

I do that with all my Js...not just these so if you think you buggin then I need help! ForTheLoveOfMyShoes!

VMVINC.com had alot of bad publicity with their sneakers, I doubt anyone would want to take a risk ordering from them.

After watching this review....I don't think anyone should get anything from VMVINC...
http://www.youtube.com/wa...;list=PLB71DE13773CDBFBF
I used this link to help verify if my european CG was legit...

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

$300 for fakes SMFH
sick.gif
VMVINC SELLS FAKE GARBAGE BEWARE 

Originally Posted by robxdrew

That Stormtroopers tee is the best shirt I've seen for the Concords so far. 
laugh.gif

-Drew

The abella anderson shirt from foot soldiers was straight but sold out now. What about the undcrwn astro dunk joint?

Originally Posted by cnoriega

Originally Posted by glove72

Welcome to the XI family....I'll pass on the Columbias.

..wifey asked me to change my AVI from Halle Berry...
ohwell.gif
Brotha, how you gonna downgrade from Halle to 5-head though? LOL We need a Halle encore!
Good point...might have to reasess...

Originally Posted by Phanatik9

My tracking from Snipes is still stuck at "Transferring to destination country". It's been like that for a while now. To the people that got their Snipes order already, did your tracking change or was it delivered before status was updated?

My tracker updated both time...but it was like that for awhile...don't know if it was customs or if they came by ship...Have faith brotha...knowing they were shipped and a legit pair enroute...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by glove72

Originally Posted by robxdrew

That Stormtroopers tee is the best shirt I've seen for the Concords so far. 
laugh.gif

-Drew

The abella anderson shirt from foot soldiers was straight but sold out now. What about the undcrwn astro dunk joint?

You have a link to the Undrcrwn tee? I haven't seen that one.
-Drew

Originally Posted by mesteno

That line out in Beijing reminds me of how people in the Philippines copped their pairs. They sent out their maids and drivers to camp out the whole time for them over there. 
laugh.gif

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom