Air Jordan XI 11 Retro Low "Cement" June 2014 Release

just got 2 pairs on lock at HoH 
nthat.gif

Is sole protector a mist on these? Jordan xi look ugly when they turn yellow.. Seems the retros turn yellow faster too .. I seen a few low concords with yellowing like damn those joints just came out ...

What are y'all experiences with the sole protectors

Wore my concords twice with the protector. Not from sole protector but the same material. Not slippery imo but you can put traction pads on the sole if you prefer..

Heres my shoe after two wears

View media item 1017197

Man it's got to be the climate that folks are in that can affect the yellowing process too man, reason I say this is the White/infrared 6 I got In Feb looks the same kind of Icey as it did day one, 25+wears. Saw a dude today with the Infrared23 6 that was up from TX, his soles were SO yellow. What does this, water? Humidity? Lack of care? Never had an issue with ywllowing, but I've never kept any past 2 years either. Somebody ?

Last edited:
Man it's got to be the climate that folks are in that can affect the yellowing process too man, reason I say this is the White/infrared 6 I got In Feb looks the same kind of Icey as it did day one, 25+wears. Saw a dude today with the Infrared23 6 that was up from TX, his soles were SO yellow. What does this, water? Humidity? Lack of care? Never had an issue with ywllowing, but I've never kept any past 2 years either. Somebody ?
yellowing is just an ongoing chemical reaction between the sole and oxygen. aka moisture (H2O), humidity can affect that. Air has about 20% oxygen as well. I figure exposure to moisture and humidity are the main differences between that guys pair and yours.

Thanks cookiechrisps cookiechrisps . I had heard before that water is bad but that's it, and I didn't believe that because I've always dish soaped my iced J's with out any issues. I could see like moisture and humidity doing damage, logically

yellowing is just an ongoing chemical reaction between the sole and oxygen. aka moisture (H2O), humidity can affect that. Air has about 20% oxygen as well. I figure exposure to moisture and humidity are the main differences between that guys pair and yours.
"oxidation" 

anyway, if you want to keep your soles icy, take care of your shoes. what i meant of that is don't walk on grass, on soil and mud, or on water and never put any chemical that is not recommended for icy cleaning icy soles.

"oxidation" 

anyway, if you want to keep your soles icy, take care of your shoes. what i meant of that is don't walk on grass, on soil and mud, or on water and never put any chemical that is not recommended for icy cleaning icy soles.
It's crazy that things have come to this. Lol. You basically told him if you want to take care of your shoes "don't wear them".  I never understood how people trip on yellowing soles. That gives it character to me. Then again I also don't buy my shoes to resell.  Mine are usually to keep so I guess that's why I don't care.

Either way I was on the fence with these, but after seeing that ASneakerLife youtube on foot then I'd say these are a definite no for me. Maybe I'll regret it later, but the concords are just better to me.  Hope everyone can get the pair they want. Don't pay the resellers crazy prices-these will be available.

It's crazy that things have come to this. Lol. You basically told him if you want to take care of your shoes "don't wear them".  I never understood how people trip on yellowing soles. That gives it character to me. Then again I also don't buy my shoes to resell.  Mine are usually to keep so I guess that's why I don't care.

Either way I was on the fence with these, but after seeing that ASneakerLife youtube on foot then I'd say these are a definite no for me. Maybe I'll regret it later, but the concords are just better to me.  Hope everyone can get the pair they want. Don't pay the resellers crazy prices-these will be available.

Nahh you didnt get what I meant to post.. all icy soles would eventually turn yellow though, but if you want to slow down the process - wear them with care ( if you rock your kicks) wearing them on grass and mud makes the yellowing happen faster.

Last edited:

"oxidation" 

Aww man, you literally caught the ABSOLUTE worst on foot video available. Asneakerlife has the dope vids don't get me wrong but this particular video of his for this particular shoe makes it look horrid. I think its those stupid *** socks dude has on.

You don't grab, you are for sure going to regret it my dude, I think you ought to catch another on foot video and rethink this man. 

When I get mines this Saturday first thing I'm doing is

1. Order sole protectors
2. Turn that hideous elephant grey heel to black

Last edited:

Aww man, you literally caught the ABSOLUTE worst on foot video available. Asneakerlife has the dope vids don't get me wrong but this particular video of his for this particular shoe makes it look horrid. I think its those stupid *** socks dude has on.

You don't grab, you are for sure going to regret it my dude, I think you ought to catch another on foot video and rethink this man. 
Lol. You're probably right b/c they looked nice on everyone else and yeah those socks and those tight sweats threw me way off. I got my eye on another shoe primarily, but these MIGHT be my consolation prize. 

Love Nike's release marketing strategy with these..

People login at 8AM to buy - many folks continue to strike out, or "wait in line" until 9:30-10EST. Then next thing you know, the XI Low are sold out - so customers then feel like, "I'm not wasting my morning." So they try to purchase the Cigars, Champagnes, WTKD's, or even the Family Forever I's.

They're going to be raking in money this weekend for sure.

Good luck to those trying for the XI's - This thread is eerily quiet and small.

I've been lucky enough to pickup some pairs already of the Cigars, Champagnes, and XIs. Beautiful shoes!

Last edited:

People login at 8AM to buy - many folks continue to strike out, or "wait in line" until 9:30-10EST. Then next thing you know, the XI Low are sold out - so customers then feel like, "I'm not wasting my morning." So they try to purchase the Cigars, Champagnes, WTKD's, or even the Family Forever I's.

I've been lucky enough to pickup some pairs already of the Cigars, Champagnes, and XIs. Beautiful shoes!
People are going after the WTKDs Cigars and Champagnes whether they end up getting these 11s or not.

People are going after the WTKDs Cigars and Champagnes whether they end up getting these 11s or not.

Yea Nike is raking in the money no matter what... Only reason they are doing 2 seperate times is for them to control traffic so the site dont crash or have any issues.

That's a pass for me.
Cords low are enough IMO.

May try to cop What the Lebron on Hanon but that's it.

No cigars, champagnes or family forever for me.
What the KD already copped last weekend.

I am thinking there is plenty of these to go around, Finishline in Akron was handing out guaranteed tickets today at 8 am and I got there at 8, over 100 plus people in line, I was the towards the end and still got a sz 10 ticket, many of the people in front got back in line to get doubles, so I am thinking plenty of these around

There's no doubt that releasing the 11's first is by design to drive traffic to the website.

11s are the largest, most hyped Jordan releases every year. The lows slightly less than mids, but we'll see come Christmas how much people crave for the Columbia's.

There's no doubt that releasing the 11's first is by design to drive traffic to the website.

11s are the largest, most hyped Jordan releases every year. The lows slightly less than mids, but we'll see come Christmas how much people crave for the Columbia's.
oh it will be crazy, someone gonna get shot for those no kidding either. they should call it the Air Killers, something bout the patent leather bring out the murder of pplz

Back
Top Bottom