Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

2 champs, 2 footlockers, jimmy jazz, shoe palace, footaction, taking wifey with me so 14 tix my bad
strategic ... good luck its online or bust for me. will have 2 computers and my lil cousin will be back home with his comp trying to grab me a pair

One thing people are not realizing is that suede has a nap. If all the nap is in the same direction, u get nice even color. If the nap is in different directions, u get the ashy Larry look.
And also, when the nap is in the wrong direction it doesn't photograph well. These will look awesome , and when they've been worn a bit, will look even better.

Just picked up my single ticket from the FTL on 34th.  Contemplated walking another 5 minutes for another ticket but decided against it.  If it's meant to be it will, and my wife reminds me that I already have enough Vs.

Yeh ur right a lot of stores are getting these but I doubt its even half the amount the stores got for the white grapes...people go hard for their kicks here in new Orleans especially Jordans that's just how they coming..just about every new release is an instant sellout with a jumpman on it, if you snooze u lose

Last edited:
Why do people think these are a general release...looks like y'all generally gonna miss out...y'all bugging
Down there in New Orleans it might appear to be a quickstrike, but up here in Va and all the spots I frequent in Maryland, they all received between 40-60 pairs.  I already have my size 12 gauranteed tickets from my local Champs, picked them up on Sunday.  That location alone had 50 something pairs and there were only 19 people waiting in line (they were telling people they only had 24 pairs, but my boy's sister works there and she told us they had close to 60 pairs).  

I guess location + shady employees plays a role.   

Nike is really pushing it with their prices! $260 for a pair of lebrons. Jordan brand too with the $240 xx8s. Jordan is keeping most retros at $160 which I'm cool with but little by little they'll have us spending $300+ on shoes.

Jordan brand is part of nike. Stop acting like they would be two completely different brand. Jordans are designed and engineered by nike employees. and other nike retros have the same fate like jordan retros: altered designs like the bulky toe caps, poor paintjob and low quality leather and synthetic leather.

no kids sizes at any of my spots 

Damn almost same user name.

Has anyone had kid sizes at their spots? I know online its been said they will be available but i havent seen it mentioned here that anyone picked up a ticket (if they do that for gs)

How do places know if you already got a ticket?
You can take the risk if you want. However if they pick both your tickets you will be disqualified for any and all pairs. Chances can be rare but that's the risk if you wanna go that route.

I just won 2 raffle tickets at the same store lol. Me and my younger brother went the other day and both signed up. At first they didnt want to let us because of the same last name and we wear the same shoe size, but they just called us both 
smokin.gif
 I'll probably just end up copping one pair.

Not doubting they are a limited QS but it is kind of hard to believe at times. These things are being carried by nearly every shoe store in every mall and every stand alone store with JB accounts in the DFW area. The quantities may be limited per store but when I think of limited QS I think of these two recent releases, the 3M Bo Knows Trainers or the Mambacurials. Maybe it's just a geographical thing.
It does seem to be geographical.  For instance a lot of retailers in and around my city are getting these.  How many FSR's they have is anyone's guess though.  Now on the flip side, I have heard lots of people complain about having trouble tracking down a pair of these in their city.  In this very thread, you can flip back through the pages and every so often, someone is saying it won't be any easy cop where they live.  Especially if they have to try online and don't use bot programs.

Myself, I am relying on raffles at this point.  So I may strike out if that and online doesn't work out.

They are in fact, labeled as a QS release.  What does that mean I guess we don't really know.  Because like you said, there are probably more of these than say, the Bo Knows raiders trainer which was also a QS.

I just got 2 raffle tickets for FTL. Hopefully I get lucky and win
champs in memorial city gave out guaranteed tickets and it was a joke.  60 + people in line, after the first 10 female champs employee starts yapping that the shoes are limited if u don't get your size don't act crazy, after the next 2 people  she says the shoes are sold out.... no sz 11.5, 12, or 13 tickets were given at all and at the 10th person there was only 1 14 and a couple 10,5  that disappeared instantly.  One dude walked out of the store and said he'll sell his sz 11 ticket for 50 dollars another dude said i'll take it and a dude right behind him said i'll buy that ticket for 150.... SOLD.....i was like man the thirst is real...

champs in memorial city gave out guaranteed tickets and it was a joke.  60 + people in line, after the first 10 female champs employee starts yapping that the shoes are limited if u don't get your size don't act crazy, after the next 2 people  she says the shoes are sold out.... no sz 11.5, 12, or 13 tickets were given at all and at the 10th person there was only 1 14 and a couple 10,5  that disappeared instantly.  One dude walked out of the store and said he'll sell his sz 11 ticket for 50 dollars another dude said i'll take it and a dude right behind him said i'll buy that ticket for 150.... SOLD.....i was like man the thirst is real...
Haha thats a shame, dude just basically said here's $150 for free go buy you a pair of Js for $10, and then he still gotta pay the $160. I would have took the $150 too though but damn ...

Three raffle spots...I'm due for a w too, struck out at these locations 100% for the last few months when I've been successful at said locations in the past. Fingers crossed!

I just went for 4 raffles right now. If I get called for multiple pairs ill hit up this thread with any info

I put in for a Raffle at my local DTLR on Monday missed the call today call backed and they said I'm good to go come Saturday...the bamma told me they almost threw my ticket away because I didn't answer.. Dude it was 11am I do work and have meetings like give me a break

Back
Top Bottom