Air Jordan Retro IV "Teal" (03/14/15 $190)

I personally feel these are so weak lol. They'd probably look nice with the right outfit but just the shoes alone are corny to me. With that being said, they will be copped and thrown at the bottom of one of my shoe towers. I don't plan on seeing these again for the next few years...

Before one of you idiots ask me why am I copping if I don't like them, the answer is simple. I collect every [male] Jordan IV that releases whether I like it or not. I am a Jordan IV collector.

The shoe or the color look corny ?

I love the Jordan IV which is why I collect them. THIS particular color way seems corny to me. I can imagine rocking a nice outfit with maybe a Mariners hat but realistically, at $205 I am RELUCTANTLY getting them. I had no problem dishing out $200+ for Columbias or Oreos and I had no problem paying $400 for this years Lasers. But these Teals are so weak to me...

Color way is [emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji]

Color way is [emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji]
[emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji]

Ill be adding these to the collection for sure.  Nice summer shoe for me
with leggings I take it?

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] with leggings!!!

I actually like the teals. Probably not enough to cop but I def like em. If they fall in my hands for something really close to under retail I might just do it.

U don't make any sense, it's either u copped or u don't

No dealing in absolutes doesn't make any since my very new to NT friend.

I'm probably a lil older than you and been around this culture for a while.

"remastered" or not Jordan IVs at 200 retail just doesn't make sense to me (hence why I haven't copped anything this year).

I think this colorway is cool but not really comfortable paying 200 for it. So like I said if I could get it for close to under retail its a maybe, but even then I'm really just not that pressed.

No dealing in absolutes doesn't make any since my very new to NT friend.

I'm probably a lil older than you and been around this culture for a while.

"remastered" or not Jordan IVs at 200 retail just doesn't make sense to me (hence why I haven't copped anything this year).

I think this colorway is cool but not really comfortable paying 200 for it. So like I said if I could get it for close to under retail its a maybe, but even then I'm really just not that pressed.

ALL Js will be on that $200 range now bro.,,if you're NOT willing to spend that amount you gonna left out and pay MORE in the future the shoes you like,,BTW,, cop what you like,its your earnings spend it wisely,...

ALL Js will be on that $200 range now bro.,,if you're NOT willing to spend that amount you gonna left out and pay MORE in the future the shoes you like,,BTW,, cop what you like,its your earnings spend it wisely,...

Fam I can't even argue with you there. I'm mostly a AJ1 guy and our prices haven't hit there just yet. Last non AJ1 I copped was infrareds and thats a top 3 Jordan for me.

Like you said it may be time for me to move on from the brand. Whats ironic about arguments like this is I've been paying 200 for sneakers via my connect since roughly 2011 ( I was never a fan of standing in line and I didn't mind hitting him with a lil extra cash to just ship my pair to me), but now that 200 is retail the **** just seems absurd to me. My connects are still in place and they always ask me do I want anything but I'd say about 99% of the time I pass I'm good.

The times I don't pass (like Sport Blue 6s) I usually end up paying a max of 20-30 dollars over retail (not including tax) from dudes online after I wait a while. People get so caught up in the "fear" that if they don't get em day one they will pay an arm and a leg for um which just isn't true.

When you actually add up the numbers only a couple of shoes actually SPIKE to prices where I just wouldn't feel comfortable paying (Frags, Royals, Just Dons etc). Hell even the extremely HYPED Legend blue XIs were available on our very marketplace in my size for 279 this week. Thats 60 over retail if they seller even gets that.

/rant.

Last edited:
just because hes new to NT doesnt necessarily mean he's younger than you ..

Damn I see in getting a lot of love today based on my liking a shoe but not feeling like it's worth 200 but whatever.

I said what I said because of the way he dealt in absolutes about a decision another man made with his money. But thank you for caping for him my good friend.

I'm just lost in what ur trying to say, I don't even know where to start, so u like the looks of teal's right ? But u don't think it should be worth 200$? I'm on ur side on that 1, and I think everybody feels the same way about the price. U claim to be in the shoe game but don't understand why prices are going up? To me it's common knowledge, the more hype the more demand no?

I'm just lost in what ur trying to say, I don't even know where to start, so u like the looks of teal's right ? But u don't think it should be worth 200$? I'm on ur side on that 1, and I think everybody feels the same way about the price. U claim to be in the shoe game but don't understand why prices are going up? To me it's common knowledge, the more hype the more demand no?

Show me where I said that I don't understand why prices go up? :rolleyes

The sneaker "game" as you stated works on supply and demand. Nike profits off of hype and since a good portion of their retro jordan products sell out quickly they feel like every shoe can be marked up because the demand is there.

The demand is a lacking a bit on these and I simply stated that while I like them I could only see me copping at retail or a bit under because as nice as they are they just look seem worth 200+ to me.

I also clearly stated that some of this hype is artificial. While Retros don't hit sale prices etc like they were a couple years back it doesn't mean that we as consumers need to bend over backwards to cop shoes that we think are overpriced.

Back
Top Bottom