Air Jordan IX Wht/Blk/Red First Look **8/7/10 Release**

"It's funny how yall always think the past release is always better than a newer retro"

Agreed.

As for the paint chip problems, the Powders were great, I wore them for 2 weeks in Poland and there is no chipped paint what so ever.

Originally Posted by azhul23

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

from what I see, reverse jumpman logo

School me on these, the OG jumpman logo is the same with theCDP's? or the 2010?
CDPs.

Been waiting for those to release. Pretty nice.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

Thanks for posting your pics GottaBdaShoes...hope its not a problem but ima do a mini comparison with your pictures.

CDP " I believe"

I would go with the CDP version anyday
No problem at all. And thanks for the replies guys.
IMO I would say both of these shoes are equally comfortable when worn. The midsole on the CDP's (lower pic) is bigger therefore, bigger jumpman on the heel which is reversed on the 2010 version (top pic). The leather on the CDP's is slightly better.

I would highly suggest that you NOT sleep on this shoe. You will regret it. If you can get a discount on them even better, do it. Don't sleep on this!

In comparison, the CDP pair looks 10x better than the 2010 version.

At first I was like
pimp.gif

After looking at the new pics, I can't settle for that.    Look at how different the toe box looks.

If I can find a CDP pair of another 2002 pair for less than $180, I will be happy.

roll.gif
Jordan brand is an epic fail. Can some tell my why the toddler and pre-school have the jump man facing the original direction????
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TheAfoot

roll.gif
Jordan brand is an epic fail. Can some tell my why the toddler and pre-school have the jump man facing the original direction????
roll.gif

Nothing surprises me with Jordan Brand anymore.   They used durabuck leather on the kids sizes for the Varsity 6's, and gave the Men's sizes nubuck/suede type. 

Go figure. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

In comparison, the CDP pair looks 10x better than the 2010 version.

At first I was like
pimp.gif

After looking at the new pics, I can't settle for that.    Look at how different the toe box looks.

If I can find a CDP pair of another 2002 pair for less than $180, I will be happy.

What size you wear?

Originally Posted by Steve212

Quality is much better on this new batch of IX retros. CDP IX's and 2002 IX's chipped badly.

lol how can you say quality is much better on these??? how do you know they wont chip??? if the 2002 and cdp ix's chipped what makes you think these wont??? just wear your shoes and the chances will be better that there wont be no chipping problems....

My boy got a pair of the 2010's early from PYS, I compared them with my CDP's today. Except for the Jumpman, the only real difference I notice in the white leather used. It's thicker/glossier on the 2010's, seems a little nicer, the leather on the CDP's is super thin, but that's about it.

I'll wait until they go on sale. I need another pair. No rush, the Carolina and Citrus are still sitting here.

Quality is much better on this new batch of IX retros. CDP IX's and 2002 IX's chipped badly.

It took like five years for my 2002's to chip.

i saw these at champs the othe day...i dunno i used to think these were hot...now they seem a little over done and have lost any appeal with me

Originally Posted by NobleKane

lol how can you say quality is much better on these??? how do you know they wont chip??? if the 2002 and cdp ix's chipped what makes you think these wont??? just wear your shoes and the chances will be better that there wont be no chipping problems....

I wear all my shoes, so spare me your advice, and I can say that because I owned the 2002 wht/flint grey, and they chipped badly within a matter of wears.  Even bck then NTers had similar complaints.  Weren't you a reg here in 2002? 

02 White/Black IX were horrible in terms of paint chipping. Mine chipped after a few wears. My 2010 powders have not chipped yet, and I wore them for 2 weeks straight at one point.

laugh.gif
@ heads doin' a 180 on the CDP IX's. Some of you were bashing them, now you're praising them. NTers are so fickle.

you can hardly tell the difference between the CDP's and the 010's, well in my opinion.

I'm cool with my carolina blue's, love them to death, makes me even happier to know alot of ppl down here chose the 2's instead and passed on the 9's.

9's are not a fav down here seems like.

laugh.gif
@ heads doin' a 180 on the CDP IX's. Some of you were bashing them, now you're praising them. NTers are so fickle.

Well when you compare them to the 2010's, it would be easy to do a 360.

Back
Top Bottom