Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ready for these to drop, I got my iphone ready too lol

Letsssss goooooo Speckssss!!

So ready for these to drop, I got my iphone ready too lol

Letsssss goooooo Speckssss!!

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Ok. And give me other examples of how complaining has worked since then? Be honest, I think they changed that because the infrared blocking was truly horrendous. Those pair are only worth money because it was changed, but had they released people wouldn't have liked them.

It surely depends on the product manager what colorways Are being released or changed. The worst thing is That someone decided since 2002 that all Nike logos got replaced by the jumpman and That most retros are done with intenionally Changed design features and color blocking. Just hope that the guy in charge changes the Direction in favor for the fans. so they could earn more money and the Sneakerheads who spend much money wont skip so often. I already skipped all 3s of this year And most likely skip the concords Because the jumpman on the left shoe looks ******ed.

^Um, although JB is under Nike, the Nike company doesn't re-issue the retros. JB does, therefore, the JB logo is on the shoes. People don't seem to get this point, it's been argued time after time. It's time for people to just accept it and move on. Converse and Cole Haan are part of Nike as well, does that mean Nike Air should go on their products as well? Stop nitpicking and buy what you like. I also hate to break it to you, but JB makes their money regardless of these minor details on retros. Go do some research before you start woofing man, it will save you a headache.

Your analogy doesn't really work at all. Converse and Cole Haan were companies acquired by Nike. Jordan Brand is just a subsidiary, basically started to accomodate Jordan's demands given the amount of money and power he brought to the Nike brand. Furthermore, this transition from Nike to Jordan Brand occurred in 1997. Yet dozens of shoes retroed between then and 2001 featuring Nike branding on the outside and inside of the shoes. Likewise, even today the AJ 1 Banned featured Nike branding. Now perhaps this is why it only made it to Nike outlets and never to JB accounts, but there's no denying that even the boxes still feature the Nike logo. Converse is it's own brand and as far as I know, you can't buy a pair of Chucks and find a swoosh on the box.
There's nothing stopping JB from making the retros more akin to the OGs in various cosmetic ways, even if Nike has put a foot down on using the swoosh and Nike Air branding on Jordan releases. Given this, I think it remains clear that the changes in more recent retros is a strategic decision to differentiate the new retros from past ones and the OGs in very identifiable ways. I'd also mention that the idea that Jordan Brand is autonomous from Nike and makes its own decisions is rather disingenuous. For all intensive purposes they use the same resources as Nike. There may be JB account reps, but these are ultimately Nike employees. The shoes are made in Nike-contracted factories, and there are a host of other resources provided by Nike to the Jordan team. In the grand scheme of Nike's business, JB is a rather small fraction worldwide.

The jury is still out on these IV's, as well as the Chicago X's, but it does appear we will see some differences that may be a deterrent to those hardcore about staying true to the originals.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Ok. And give me other examples of how complaining has worked since then? Be honest, I think they changed that because the infrared blocking was truly horrendous. Those pair are only worth money because it was changed, but had they released people wouldn't have liked them.

It surely depends on the product manager what colorways Are being released or changed. The worst thing is That someone decided since 2002 that all Nike logos got replaced by the jumpman and That most retros are done with intenionally Changed design features and color blocking. Just hope that the guy in charge changes the Direction in favor for the fans. so they could earn more money and the Sneakerheads who spend much money wont skip so often. I already skipped all 3s of this year And most likely skip the concords Because the jumpman on the left shoe looks ******ed.

^Um, although JB is under Nike, the Nike company doesn't re-issue the retros. JB does, therefore, the JB logo is on the shoes. People don't seem to get this point, it's been argued time after time. It's time for people to just accept it and move on. Converse and Cole Haan are part of Nike as well, does that mean Nike Air should go on their products as well? Stop nitpicking and buy what you like. I also hate to break it to you, but JB makes their money regardless of these minor details on retros. Go do some research before you start woofing man, it will save you a headache.

Your analogy doesn't really work at all. Converse and Cole Haan were companies acquired by Nike. Jordan Brand is just a subsidiary, basically started to accomodate Jordan's demands given the amount of money and power he brought to the Nike brand. Furthermore, this transition from Nike to Jordan Brand occurred in 1997. Yet dozens of shoes retroed between then and 2001 featuring Nike branding on the outside and inside of the shoes. Likewise, even today the AJ 1 Banned featured Nike branding. Now perhaps this is why it only made it to Nike outlets and never to JB accounts, but there's no denying that even the boxes still feature the Nike logo. Converse is it's own brand and as far as I know, you can't buy a pair of Chucks and find a swoosh on the box.
There's nothing stopping JB from making the retros more akin to the OGs in various cosmetic ways, even if Nike has put a foot down on using the swoosh and Nike Air branding on Jordan releases. Given this, I think it remains clear that the changes in more recent retros is a strategic decision to differentiate the new retros from past ones and the OGs in very identifiable ways. I'd also mention that the idea that Jordan Brand is autonomous from Nike and makes its own decisions is rather disingenuous. For all intensive purposes they use the same resources as Nike. There may be JB account reps, but these are ultimately Nike employees. The shoes are made in Nike-contracted factories, and there are a host of other resources provided by Nike to the Jordan team. In the grand scheme of Nike's business, JB is a rather small fraction worldwide.

The jury is still out on these IV's, as well as the Chicago X's, but it does appear we will see some differences that may be a deterrent to those hardcore about staying true to the originals.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

^ maybe. 
nerd.gif

6072383213_70a1c4c171.jpg

dunno tho, that's black on the inside midsole. not supposed to be like that.

but its a IV tho uh?

When he turns around you can see the jumpman on the back with what looks to be a grey tab.

does it? i musta missed that.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

^ maybe. 
nerd.gif

6072383213_70a1c4c171.jpg

dunno tho, that's black on the inside midsole. not supposed to be like that.

but its a IV tho uh?

When he turns around you can see the jumpman on the back with what looks to be a grey tab.

does it? i musta missed that.

Dude, you cant be serious.   Have you not paid attention to the million different colorways of the AJ 1 that has been released over the past 3 years.  What is the main part of the AJ1?  The ginormous NIKE SWOOSH thats takes up both sides of the shoe.  If your point was Correct, do you honestly think JB would mass produce the 1 knowing that the main component of the shoe is a Nike Swoosh and not a Jumpman?

Dude, you cant be serious.   Have you not paid attention to the million different colorways of the AJ 1 that has been released over the past 3 years.  What is the main part of the AJ1?  The ginormous NIKE SWOOSH thats takes up both sides of the shoe.  If your point was Correct, do you honestly think JB would mass produce the 1 knowing that the main component of the shoe is a Nike Swoosh and not a Jumpman?

here are SAMPLES on feet. I don't care what anyone says cause even if they dropped like this i'd triple cop, but rest assured modern notoriety says that the official release will feature the right colors, shape and speckles. I'm more hyped up about this release than any other. My 99s are rockable, but they don't have that freshness about them anymore that a brand new pair would have.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

air-jordan-4-cement-grey-2012.jpg

here are SAMPLES on feet. I don't care what anyone says cause even if they dropped like this i'd triple cop, but rest assured modern notoriety says that the official release will feature the right colors, shape and speckles. I'm more hyped up about this release than any other. My 99s are rockable, but they don't have that freshness about them anymore that a brand new pair would have.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

air-jordan-4-cement-grey-2012.jpg

^

Yeah, no thanks. Especially for 160. Those would be any easy easy easy Pass. And quality looks the exact same as the Fire Red IV's from 06. 

^

Yeah, no thanks. Especially for 160. Those would be any easy easy easy Pass. And quality looks the exact same as the Fire Red IV's from 06. 

Originally Posted by El Bro

^

What part of SAMPLES don't people get? Just as everyone got up in arms that the BC3 wasn't going to feature leather, rather some suede/nubuck, which MN made clear was not happening.People wh talk like this end up copping usually. Reading comprehension is helpful though. Really, it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom