Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I hear you all but every thread about a non-OG cw on here is full of folk who visit said thread repeatedly just to say how much they dislike it, how they just want a proper OG retro and everything that is wrong with it so iono!

Been a while

JPEG_20190701_151619_4975703388608981587.jpg

Man. Look at those things. Sick on top of sick.
This latest BC IV release is just like ... meh. I have two pairs. I haven't even worn the first pair outside yet. I keep saying I'm going to iron the toes and color the lines ... I even went and got the pencil and shoe trees to do it. But I still haven't actually done it. It's ****ing annoying, honestly. I should just say eff it and wear them and let it go, but I want them to be so much better--and that pic yet again proves what they could be. These only look decent because the OG design is so nutso that even a crap version of it looks good.
I guess I need to just do the relatively simple tasks of ironing and coloring, but I resent even having to put in the effort. Honestly, it's a giant EFF YOU to all of us. **** is bat**** crazy how they troll us. And on top of the lack of lines and **** shape, they **** up the Nike Air on the heel. I can't even :stoneface: :rofl:
It's definitely still cool to have them and all, but no one should have mixed feelings about this shoe. Yet here we are, again, with these dicks at Nike/JB. They should legit all be fired.

I feel your pain here in every way. I Rarely visit this thread since release and the last time I did, I voiced my extremely similar disdain and frustration....the only difference; I didn't cop a pair. I just felt like JB screwed the fans on this one.

How you feel is exactly how I felt...and will remain my reason for not owning the 2019 Black/Cement IV. But since you already own them...yeah, chalk them lines and slope the toe boxes. Enjoy!

I’ve had the 99, wore the 99 for like 2 years from 2012-2014 (no sole swap :pimp: )

I’ve got the latest retro

Nothing more glorious happened or looked different when I had the 99 on feet compared to these.

Let it go. They are my favorite shoe ever. And even I don’t think the 99 is some superior model compared to these

It’s all in your head

Sole swaps are cheating btw.

If you gonna do it. Do it right.

Don’t fake the funk.

Clowning a shoe but then you need it to do you a favor :smh:

I quickly got over the misaligned NA at the back. It's really not bad on foot and it's Jordan Brand, quality has ALWAYS been
up and down.

I notice a squeak on these and also my metallic 5s when I push off on the big toe area... . Anyone else got that?

The only two Jordans I've gotten then year are the infrared 6 and cement 4 and mine definitely don't squeak. Is this like the cork AM90s issue?

My 3s, 4s, and 5s squeak. When they started remastering, they changed something in the insole/outsole area.

I usually ignore it, but when it starts getting loud I just apply some baby powder underneath the insole.

Nothiing more awkward than walking down a quiet hallway and all you hear is....*poot*...*poot*..*poot*.... :smh:

My 3s, 4s, and 5s squeak. When they started remastering, they changed something in the insole/outsole area.

I usually ignore it, but when it starts getting loud I just apply some baby powder underneath the insole.

Nothiing more awkward than walking down a quiet hallway and all you hear is....*poot*...*poot*..*poot*.... :smh:
Dude I had the same issue with my Jordan 3 tinkers this pass weekend it gets loud after while not sure what can be done

I don't know if any you of you have worn the 1st version of the Nike Epic React flyknits. They have the same "poot" effect (lol) that these Jay's are making. The strobel cloth underneath the insole was very loose. This was cause when sweat moisture build up in the shoes and caused a air pocket.

Folks were cutting a slit in the strobel cloth so it wouldn't make that noise. Dont know if this may be the reason but it's worth a look.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom