Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by moneymike88

$125.00 in 2007 had the same buying power as $133.76 in 2010. Annual inflation over this period was 2.28%

http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

Keep in mind that we're in a new year so 2011 has not been factored in yet. Basic math. 3 years yielded 8 dollars of inflation, 8/3, add $2.60 for 1 more year, $136.36

The price is not justified, at all.

Quality is good on these. I wouldn't listen to you. The box is not paper thin. The leather is nice and soft. $150 is the cheapest you will find a white/cement III, so I don't see how this is a bad deal. If you actually calculate inflation, it is correct. $125 in 03, $135 in 06, $148.xx in 2010 so yes, the numbers do add up.

Your calculation is all wrong fool. They were not $125 in 07.

They were $125 in 03, the Fire Reds were $135 in 06. That yields $148.xx in 2010. So please, stop rubbing dookie on your face even more and trying to look cute.

Wrong, 100.00 in 2003.
wink.gif

**** just got real in this thread. I'm not sure about you guys and this inflation talk, but we keep buying them regardless, lol.

Originally Posted by 91lo41awp

Originally Posted by moneymike88

$125.00 in 2007 had the same buying power as $133.76 in 2010. Annual inflation over this period was 2.28%

http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

Keep in mind that we're in a new year so 2011 has not been factored in yet. Basic math. 3 years yielded 8 dollars of inflation, 8/3, add $2.60 for 1 more year, $136.36

The price is not justified, at all.

Quality is good on these. I wouldn't listen to you. The box is not paper thin. The leather is nice and soft. $150 is the cheapest you will find a white/cement III, so I don't see how this is a bad deal. If you actually calculate inflation, it is correct. $125 in 03, $135 in 06, $148.xx in 2010 so yes, the numbers do add up.

Your calculation is all wrong fool. They were not $125 in 07.

They were $125 in 03, the Fire Reds were $135 in 06. That yields $148.xx in 2010. So please, stop rubbing dookie on your face even more and trying to look cute.

Wrong, 100.00 in 2003.
wink.gif
I coulda sworn I paid $125 in 03.
grin.gif

Even if they were $100 in 03, in 07 (yes, another typo off the top of my head) the Fire Reds were $135. With inflation calculated in, that would make them sit at $142.xx.

People should be more outraged with that price hike than this one. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have them cheaper, but the price does seem justified.

Originally Posted by IV THA MERCY

penny4prezident wrote:
This guy is loyal to the game
pimp.gif
, glad to see I'm not the only one.

Are you playing Super Mario Bros?  Everytime I see your post its about "the game", "banned from the game", "revoked from the game", "loyal to the game".  I think its time for you to turn the game off.
Stormsink-Why-it-failed--7---Super-Mario-Bros--The-Movie-e12077037.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Don't know how completely accurate this site is, but here's a complete listing of all the retail prices of the IIIs that have been released over the years from '88 to '10. Only IIIs they're missing are the Doernbechers which were $160.00.

http://sneakershoebox.com/airjordan3.php

Thanks for the link man. I thought they were $135 in 06? Hmm... I was looking at my Grey III box since I sold my last pair of Fire Reds.

At any rate, I believe we've hit the point where anything that isn't a I or II is going to be $150...

These were 100 in 2003, I remember the black and chrome 8s came out the same day, no one really paid attention to these 3s and now people talkin about 03 white cments like they are OGs, don't worry about how limited the shoes are cuz the 2003 3s sat in the shelves for a few weeks here in nyc, people cop kicks these days and think about their value don't worry about that the shoes will gain value over time, the game is stupid now a days u cop a shoe and its worth 300 dollars the next day smh, yrs from now new collectors will value these 2011 3s. Like they are OG also and half of you here on NT will remeber when you sat on here complaining about blah blah blah

Originally Posted by nycpushhead

These were 100 in 2003, I remember the black and chrome 8s came out the same day, no one really paid attention to these 3s and now people talkin about 03 white cments like they are OGs, don't worry about how limited the shoes are cuz the 2003 3s sat in the shelves for a few weeks here in nyc, people cop kicks these days and think about their value don't worry about that the shoes will gain value over time, the game is stupid now a days u cop a shoe and its worth 300 dollars the next day smh, yrs from now new collectors will value these 2011 3s. Like they are OG also and half of you here on NT will remeber when you sat on here complaining about blah blah blah
Thats crazy I know that in NY shoes sell out way faster but in philly the 3s in 03 sold out in a couple days if not hours

fs ds sz10 eggplant foams $200
fs ds sz9.5 aj1 black and red high strap $130
fs vvvnd 9.5 lebron dunkman 7 $140
will trade for aj2 og colorway white black and red and cash

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

**** just got real in this thread. I'm not sure about you guys and this inflation talk, but we keep buying them regardless, lol.

it did kinda. but you can tell its actual people behaving like adults in the thread now, and not just comments "like cop'd 2x", "ima cop no matter the quality"(wonder what jb think bout that?), "your a hater" or my favorite "dont like, dont buy".

but i see some people still dont understand that the masses control jb price/quality. so just cuz you dont buy(even thou u would like to) you are still effected cuz people that buy crap quality at expensive prices keep the price high/quality low. ever1 here wants the aj iii, we just want it at a reasonable price with good quality. so say'n "dont like dont buy" dosent really work if you understand whats happen'n(seems most here dont). i know some people love the shoes(ajiii), but jb is charge'n $170 for your emotions and not the shoes, thats part of the whole "big con" that you guys arent seeing. and thats the reason your the problem not the people complain'n. which begs the question. other than buy'n retro jb shoes would you except this treatment? please, sum1 anwser this that praises jb.

i know this gives the thread negative overtones, but its a forum , about arguments toward the greater good of the brand. n theres
more people who slurp the shoe than not, n every1s entitle to post his opinion.

Originally Posted by nycpushhead

probly not. from what dudes was talk'n on the other page in 10yrs these will be $200+. so that wouldnt make sence spending $300 on poor quality. but i do hope history repeats itself, cuz that will mean the jb fad will die down causing an overhaul that would make jb improve everything(price/quality/colorways). so that would actually make the 2020 ajiiis better and cheaper. i believe nothing,aside from a few aj will be covet'd in this era once quality improve.

now we just need some lame rapper to shout out a different brand so we can get this revolution started.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by philaflava1

Is this going to be a GR?
Yes.

Not trying to be rude, but people really need to read more than the first page and last page of a thread to know what's going on.

Originally Posted by GeneGreenRKO

Damn missed out on shoedogdeals..only sz 13 left..

I think this answers why JB is charging 150.  This seller on ebay sold 25 pairs for 175. 

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by GeneGreenRKO

Damn missed out on shoedogdeals..only sz 13 left..

I think this answers why JB is charging 150.  This seller on ebay sold 25 pairs for 175. 
i purchased from shoedogdeals because i'll be heading back to college the week prior to release and i don't know if the shoes will be readily available after release or near my college.
sales tax is 6% and with that factored in 175 shipped is what i would have paid somebody to get them for me back home while i was gone.  the price is fair and it includes shipping.  

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Yes.

Not trying to be rude, but people really need to read more than the first page and last page of a thread to know what's going on.
Not trying to be rude, but I am way no way reading 128 pages to find out what you told me in just one reply.

Originally Posted by Error on page

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

it did kinda. but you can tell its actual people behaving like adults in the thread now, and not just comments "like cop'd 2x", "ima cop no matter the quality"(wonder what jb think bout that?), "your a hater" or my favorite "dont like, dont buy".

but i see some people still dont understand that the masses control jb price/quality. so just cuz you dont buy(even thou u would like to) you are still effected cuz people that buy crap quality at expensive prices keep the price high/quality low. ever1 here wants the aj iii, we just want it at a reasonable price with good quality. so say'n "dont like dont buy" dosent really work if you understand whats happen'n(seems most here dont). i know some people love the shoes(ajiii), but jb is charge'n $170 for your emotions and not the shoes, thats part of the whole "big con" that you guys arent seeing. and thats the reason your the problem not the people complain'n. which begs the question. other than buy'n retro jb shoes would you except this treatment? please, sum1 anwser this that praises jb.

i know this gives the thread negative overtones, but its a forum , about arguments toward the greater good of the brand. n theres
more people who slurp the shoe than not, n every1s entitle to post his opinion.
This guy know what he speaks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Yes.

Not trying to be rude, but I am way no way reading 128 pages to find out what you told me in just one reply.

op should edit the 1st post or thread title to read; the release date, any and all product #s associated w/ the shoes, materials, were their made etc. etc. as they become avaiable.

Back
Top Bottom